• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm at the final boss in FFV now...I guess I'll use every trick there is just so I can beat it and move on.

That's how final bosses work, yes.

Then go back to Phantasy Star

Oh, man, I remember FFV's final boss. I killed off all of the segments except for the one all the way in the back. I thought to myself "I got this in the bag!", but somehow I ended up dying. A few years later I read somewhere that you could instantly kill the rear section with Odin. :\

Anyway, the final boss has a ton of really good items to steal if you're patient. They're pretty useless in the original, but they're really good to have around in the postgame of the advance version.

That's how final bosses work, yes.

Then go back to Phantasy Star

That's what I intended to do, yes.

Oh, man, I remember FFV's final boss. I killed off all of the segments except for the one all the way in the back. I thought to myself "I got this in the bag!", but somehow I ended up dying. A few years later I read somewhere that you could instantly kill the rear section with Odin. :\

Anyway, the final boss has a ton of really good items to steal if you're patient. They're pretty useless in the original, but they're really good to have around in the postgame of the advance version.

I'll probably not really play the postgame, but we'll see.

I'd say you probably should. Though some of the content can be nasty from what I heard...

Don't bother getting them then. The steal rates are extremely low. I would say that 95% of my battle with the last boss was spent stealing things and doing nothing else.

Hmm... I wonder if I should shift around my forces... I don't think I can defend Spectra again if Nobunaga attacks again... I got very lucky at the end, but perhaps I can replicate the situation again if the need arises...

Excellent.

My backlog is still pretty much untouched due to Path of Exile, GaoGaiGar and general procrastination, but maybe I should probably try replaying PS3 one of these days

Probably not though

I still can't believe they released that game here, and with a terrible, possibly automatic translation too

You know... I just decided that I really want a custom made jacket based on the Red Crown jacket Kyle wore in Hotel Dusk.

One day I'm going to get a longcoat made just like the one a Female Grandmaster in Awakening wears.

I already have a Tactician one in the works...if it will be ready in time...

So it seems the Chinese company porting Falcom games to PC wants to enter the western market... releasing an English Ys 7 port.

Using XSeed's translation.

Without even telling XSeed.

And probably with awful DRM. I remember Vincent saying he was having trouble reinstalling their port of Zero no Kiseki because of that - and he bought it

This is hilarious.

Don't bother getting them then. The steal rates are extremely low. I would say that 95% of my battle with the last boss was spent stealing things and doing nothing else.

I didn't get them, in the end. I just beat Neo Exdeath...he was way easier when I actually put my mind to it.

Excellent.

My backlog is still pretty much untouched due to Path of Exile, GaoGaiGar and general procrastination, but maybe I should probably try replaying PS3 one of these days

Probably not though

I still can't believe they released that game here, and with a terrible, possibly automatic translation too

You should make a backloggery.

That makes me less excited to play it, now.

You should make a backloggery.

That makes me less excited to play it, now.

Nah

I'm talking about the Brazilian translation

It's like a machine translation of the American version

It'll be cool.

Oh, haha. There's a whole Brazilian translation...that's funky.

My lack of "completed" games would bother me forever

There's no way a RPG would sell around here in English, back then. So we got the first three Phantasy Star games in Portuguese... though PS2 was released in 1996, and PS3 in 1998 or something. Meanwhile, PS4 couldn't be found anywhere...

My lack of "completed" games would bother me forever

There's no way a RPG would sell around here in English, back then. So we got the first three Phantasy Star games in Portuguese... though PS2 was released in 1996, and PS3 in 1998 or something. Meanwhile, PS4 couldn't be found anywhere...

;_;

Wow, talk about late releases. Though it's cool that they had official Portuguese releases at all.

At least you can emulate them all now.

If only there was a Latin American branch for video games... then again, I'd probably still end up buying the US versions of them since they will be cheaper anyway...

;_;

Wow, talk about late releases. Though it's cool that they had official Portuguese releases at all.

At least you can emulate them all now.

It's okay, comrade

Brazil, etc.

PS4 (alongside Shinobi 3) was the main reason I took an interest in emulation, after all.