FE4 THREAD

Fia

New WWE is boring as hell. Like, I don't deny the skill level of some guys because they're pretty skilled, but everyone is basically the same now. No more fancy gimmicks, no flashy outfits, no exaggerated personalities, nothing of the like. Attitude Era was cool, but my personal favourites were the 80s and early 90s. Guys like Bret Hart, Mr. Perfect, Rick Rude, Shawn Michaels and the God damn UNDERTAKER were all the best.

I'll drink to that.

And Iron Sheik should totally be a WWE commentator.

• Replies 674.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it wishful thinking, or is the fact that the Julius in FE13 in the DLC episodes of what he is without Loptous possessing him?

What about WCW/NWO Revenge?

I THINK that may be the game I'm talking about. The one with La Parka and all, and you can do SO MANY THINGS in it.

Seconded

I'll drink to that.

And Iron Sheik should totally be a WWE commentator.

Cheers, then!

Oh man, Iron Sheik as a commentator would be awesome. That kind of makes me think of Randy Savage. ;_;

And that's losing the point, wrestling was never about serious fights and shit anyway, it was all just an exaggerated stage play. They had a lot of failed gimmicks and storylines in the past, that didn't stop 'em. They just don't wanna do this it seems, or maybe people just aren't into it any more.

Also gotta take into account the sheer level of skill he has. Everything he does is so believable (especially if he has an opponent who is also great, like Shawn Michaels), and it still surprises me to this, whenever he jumps off the top rope, that a huge dude like him has such agility. Damn.

Yeah, but by making all those "shoot" style segments with CM Punk throwing shit on the fan and all, they make it an exaggerated improv, which is a bit interesting on its own. But I dunno, maybe it's a cyclical thing - fans thought it was real and the matches were fake, and now fans know it's fake, and the matches are getting more and more real.

Y'know, people talk about Bret Hart, Owen, Dean Malenko and Eddie as technical BEASTS, but they often underrate Taker in that aspect. He MAKES people famous, man. He's had awesome matches with pretty much everyone ('cept those who had no salvation like Gonzales or Kronik), carrying a lot of people just like the other guys did.

Oh man, Iron Sheik as a commentator would be awesome. That kind of makes me think of Randy Savage. ;_;

Randy Savage!

Great guy

Iron sheik commentator would be amazing yess

Yeah, but by making all those "shoot" style segments with CM Punk throwing shit on the fan and all, they make it an exaggerated improv, which is a bit interesting on its own. But I dunno, maybe it's a cyclical thing - fans thought it was real and the matches were fake, and now fans know it's fake, and the matches are getting more and more real.

Y'know, people talk about Bret Hart, Owen, Dean Malenko and Eddie as technical BEASTS, but they often underrate Taker in that aspect. He MAKES people famous, man. He's had awesome matches with pretty much everyone ('cept those who had no salvation like Gonzales or Kronik), carrying a lot of people just like the other guys did.

It's easy to tell that the ring floor is pinned with either secret springs, or mats. As they don't seem to get hurt at all from those full nelsons.

Edited by 綾波

Yeah that does sound plausible. The days of kayfabe are over, so they want to make it more real. Or something.

Taker is super technical, for sure. I really love his combination of pure power and technique. I mean, one of his signature moves is the Old School, and that's a pretty technical move that's better for smaller and more agile guys. This guy is HUGE and he still does it perfectly.

Randy Savage!

Great guy

Iron sheik commentator would be amazing yess

R.I.P. Randy Savage. He was a great man.

R.I.P. Randy Savage. He was a great man.

Died, eh?

Yeah, he was a legend of his time.

Wait, Randy Savage died? When was this? I don't pay that much attention to wrestling, so...

Edited by Levant Fortner

Yeah that does sound plausible. The days of kayfabe are over, so they want to make it more real. Or something.

Taker is super technical, for sure. I really love his combination of pure power and technique. I mean, one of his signature moves is the Old School, and that's a pretty technical move that's better for smaller and more agile guys. This guy is HUGE and he still does it perfectly.

I believe there will be a revival of the kayfabe-heavy days.

Another grossly underrated wrestler is Road Dogg. He's far from being in the league of the other fellas, but he's still got it, like we saw in the Rumble '12 (or was it this year? I dunno).

Yeah, that's the game. I had fun playing that, I liked the cruiserweight division in that game (Psicosis, Juventud, Rey Mysterio, La Parka, etc.).

It's a great game, though iirc the weight didn't really mean anything.

I believe there will be a revival of the kayfabe-heavy days.

Another grossly underrated wrestler is Road Dogg. He's far from being in the league of the other fellas, but he's still got it, like we saw in the Rumble '12 (or was it this year? I dunno).

I hope it will be glorious like the past.

Haven't been keeping track of it lately, tbqh. But his name is cool.

Nightmare. I forgot how to launch Chatzilla because I'm dumb.

Download the add-on! Then you can go to the drop down menu and for me it shows below the "add-ons" button. Or you can drag the icon up to your toolbar so it can be one less clickyyyyyyyy