FE4 THREAD

Fia

Awwww I wouldn't call California a place I would want to live in. It is severely lacking in severe thunderstorms.

Also the coast weather sounds too monotonous, and it might be cooler than I want it anyway.

Meanwhile further inland might be much too hot!! D= And even drier than the coast so no stooooorms!!!.... but.... it'll be dry!!!

...... Loving thunderstorms and hating humidity... is... sad ;~;

• Replies 674.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

Awwww I wouldn't call California a place I would want to live in. It is severely lacking in severe thunderstorms.

A pity...no really I love thunderstorms

Edited by James Bond

Ah, you might not want to live here in the Californias anyway. We're earthquake prone after all... unless you don't mind the occasional shake of the earth.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=41881&p=2517331

NoName would be proud of me, but I really need to do better things with my time other than snapping at her.

She is posting in a thread.

In which gameplay mechanics are the only context for "pairings".

Seriously does she post in EVERY thread that has the word "pairing" in it?

Edited by shadowofchaos

Move to Florida. Or Alabama, Mississippi, Oklahoma, or Louisiana. You'll love it there.

Or maybe not.

When was the last time California got an earthquake?

2010. A 7.2 quake was felt even as far as Las Vegas from what I remember. Sure, the epicenter was here in México, but it was still felt in southern California.

When was the last time California got an earthquake?

Today, most likely. If not, then yesterday.

Move to Florida. Or Alabama, Mississippi, Oklahoma, or Louisiana. You'll love it there.

Or maybe not.

I don't think I'd like the east coast either

I got woken up by an earthquake before!

That's the only earthquake I've ever felt in my life =o

Actually no there were some earthquakes when I lived in Washington but I was a liiiiiiittle baby at the time so I just don't remember

Well, it's no big deal. Eventually, many thousands and thousands of years later, we'll stop having earthquakes in California Island. *shot*

Edited by Acacia Sgt

HEY INTEREST. THEY DO NOT. Okay so maybe it does. NYC is still the best.

Isn't California still an earthquake-prone area anyway... ;_;

I lived in New England.

Bloody humidity was the death of me. It was almost as terrifying as Korea or China

I did like the winters though. I like bitter cold.

Edited by Interest

It's quite fascinating... though it's something that we'll obviously not witness, or even the next first hundreds of generations... but it will happen, eventually.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Reading this pains me ;n;

That little slab of California that's moving will be causing earthquakes whether it's on land or underwater~ Just because it's separated from the coast doesn't mean it won't still be creating earthquakes.

Not only that, but there's still another plate on the west coast that collides into the coast, and it's along California too! That's why the Rocky Mountains and volcanoes exist.

Everyone reading this right now needs to do a bit of homework: go to wikipedia or your nearest geology book and look up "plate tectonics". I don't have to do it because I've already read up on it.

Reading this pains me ;n;

That little slab of California that's moving will be causing earthquakes whether it's on land or underwater~ Just because it's separated from the coast doesn't mean it won't still be creating earthquakes.

Not only that, but there's still another plate on the west coast that collides into the coast, and it's along California too! That's why the Rocky Mountains and volcanoes exist.

If it moves still close to North America, then yeah... and it won't be underwater, the land is moving, not sinking. It can since the Pacific plate moves northbound, and so long it does far away enough from another plate boundary, then it will just be a giant drifting island.

Actually, that particular plate is now nonexistent. It's already beneath the North America plate. The only remnants are the Juan de Fuca plate and other minor ones which are just off Washington state and British Columbia.

Edited by Acacia Sgt