• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

So why are we talking about California and earthquakes at a point where I'm able to participate in discussion in this thread?

So why are we talking about California and earthquakes at a point where I'm able to participate in discussion in this thread?

Something about the idea of moving to California, then talking about it's climate and hazards, then earthquakes were brought up, and the rest is history.

If it moves still close to North America, then yeah... and it won't be underwater, the land is moving, not sinking. It can since the Pacific plate moves northbound, and so long it does far away enough from another plate boundary, then it will just be a giant drifting island.

Actually, that particular plate is now nonexistent. It's already beneath the North America plate. The only remnants are the Juan de Fuca plate and other minor ones which are just off Washington state and British Columbia.

I'm just saying that in case you try to use sinking as an excuse or something x3 Then that means that of course California will still feel earthquakes!! It's still California even if it's detached.

Ummmmm it's not nonexistant yet?? Juan de Fuca is still there =b It's still causing earthquakes to this day. And it won't be leaving there any time soon. Maybe it will all be underneath the continent by the time that part of California's gone, but perhaps some of it will still linger underneath to create earthquakes as well! Until it all sinks down the earth. There will still be earthquakes after that plate disappears entirely too but they will probably be tinier. Because the US coast is still at a plate boundary.

I'm just saying that in case you try to use sinking as an excuse or something x3 Then that means that of course California will still feel earthquakes!! It's still California even if it's detached.

Ummmmm it's not nonexistant yet?? Juan de Fuca is still there =b It's still causing earthquakes to this day. And it won't be leaving there any time soon. Maybe it will all be underneath the continent by the time that part of California's gone, but perhaps some of it will still linger underneath to create earthquakes as well! Until it all sinks down the earth. There will still be earthquakes after that plate disappears entirely too but they will probably be tinier. Because the US coast is still at a plate boundary.

At any rate it won't be at the epicenter of any, due to now being in the Pacific plate.

Yes, Juan de Fuca, the Cocos, and Nazca plates are there, but the plate that caused both the Rockies and the Andes no longer exists. Technically it still does due to the remnant plates that are still there, but the plate itself does not. I don't think a plate that goes under another can still cause activity. It mostly dissolves as far as tectonic activity goes. Since once it goes under another, it's dissolving as it goes.

I hope you are my friends then. D:

Where's that sleeping penguin.

lol
Half of us don't even talk to each other on Skype.

Well I could try to be. I'm an awful friend though, given my track record.

No way. x.x

I'm not sure what makes you doubt us...

I am pretty sure a lot of us are your friends!!

Right.
Were nice people.

I'm just having some personal crisis, I suppose.

But yes, you're right, at least I know the people in this thread are friends. <3

Of course. :D

What I would LIKE to think is he doesn't do it on purpose.

Without you and TE, serenes wouldn't be as it is now since your our contributers.

There are some crazy people out there.

But of this forum...it is actually normal. =P

We're the good kind of crazy. I am referring to the bad kind.

In rl.
Yeah.

JELLY.

11764562m.gif

Plays the Jellyfish Jam.

Maybe it is. NOTHING IS OKAY.

Nah, I don't think you are. If you're immature, then what would you/anyone call the rest of humanity? :<

I is back... AND TIME FOR SHOWER.

ARE YOU SURE

I'm a manchild, Shirley

How fun

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=41881&p=2517331

NoName would be proud of me, but I really need to do better things with my time other than snapping at her.

She is posting in a thread.

In which gameplay mechanics are the only context for "pairings".

Seriously does she post in EVERY thread that has the word "pairing" in it?

Yes she does

So you'll reply to her

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=41881&p=2517331

NoName would be proud of me, but I really need to do better things with my time other than snapping at her.

She is posting in a thread.

In which gameplay mechanics are the only context for "pairings".

Seriously does she post in EVERY thread that has the word "pairing" in it?

You seem to do so as well. You've found your rival, you're destined to clash forever.

Edited by Sirius

Yeah, the Zuvorg Alliance isn't really brought up in name until late of the Classicverse storyline. The OGverse is a little better since there is implications early on that the aliens in the Antartic Incident were the Guest, but it's still not much.

You seem to do so as well. You've found your rival, you're destined to clash forever.

She's also part of his harem. Edited by OldMan

Hey, Verdant, you can check name history~ The button shows up if you hover over the username or you could just find the option on their profile

At any rate it won't be at the epicenter of any, due to now being in the Pacific plate.

Yes, Juan de Fuca, the Cocos, and Nazca plates are there, but the plate that caused both the Rockies and the Andes no longer exists. Technically it still does due to the remnant plates that are still there, but the plate itself does not. I don't think a plate that goes under another can still cause activity. It mostly dissolves as far as tectonic activity goes. Since once it goes under another, it's dissolving as it goes.

But.... it's still moving along the pacific plate though... As long as it's moving it'll rub against bordering plates which is what earthquakes are from.

Well I guess you're just bringing up a whole different point that I wasn't talking about, then, so idk why it's being discussed... My point is, there's still activity there and the Juan de Fuca Plate is still subducting so it's still causing this activity, which is why I'm saying California will still get earthquakes. And actually, the earthquakes get created by the slab that's passing underneath the continent. That's why so many epicenters are underneath the continent and not at the border. The rate it dissolves must not be as quick as you think it is if it's still going.

I think there's an earthquake going on in my head because it's starting to really hurt because it's doing all this thinking and debating ;~;

Edited by Freohr Datia

Because PMs aren't quite like instant messaging

This is so true...but I use it as an IM anyway. Same thing goes for email. I miss MSN and am too lazy to use Skype with Windows 8. Not that anyone actually uses it anymore...

Friday is the day the monsters appear! That's why everybody is hiding!

Which type of monster!

I'm a manchild, Shirley

I have no idea how to react to this. It was so unexpected.

I have no idea how to react to this. It was so unexpected.

I spend my afternoons playing PoE and posting in a videogame forum

How is that unexpected

Hi Hatari.

But.... it's still moving along the pacific plate though... As long as it's moving it'll rub against bordering plates which is what earthquakes are from.

Well I guess you're just bringing up a whole different point that I wasn't talking about, then, so idk why it's being discussed... My point is, there's still activity there and the Juan de Fuca Plate is still subducting so it's still causing this activity, which is why I'm saying California will still get earthquakes. And actually, the earthquakes get created by the slab that's passing underneath the continent. That's why so many epicenters are underneath the continent and not at the border. The rate it dissolves must not be as quick as you think it is if it's still going.

I think there's an earthquake going on in my head because it's starting to really hurt because it's doing all this thinking and debating ;~;

Not along, it will be on the plate. Yes, it can still feel quakes, but it won't be origin of them, you see?

No, it's actually on the general area of the border. An earthquakes happens when pent-up energy generated by the moving of the earth needs to be released. This is why it happens on the border of plates, or in fault lines generated by them. And of course are underneath, since it's there where the movement happens. But again, only on the borders. Theoretically, if the plate still existed it would be already underneath the likes of Colorado, and you don't have quakes originating there. At least, not tectonic related quaking.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

you're better off. skype on windows 8 is beyond bad

Really?

How come?

I spend my afternoons playing PoE and posting in a videogame forum

How is that unexpected

Not working as a lawyer still?

Just the phrase...manchild coming from you is strange?

you're better off. skype on windows 8 is beyond bad

Why is this?

Hi Sgt!

Edited by Hatari

Not working as a lawyer still?

Just the phrase...manchild coming from you is strange?

I'm a civil servant, I never planned to be a lawyer

How so