• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

Shirley wanted to do a SF meet in LA.

Should be in SF

Hai guys.

Hey. :)

LA? Holy cow... that would require a plane.

I am NOT taking a car from Florida to Cali.

And if it's going to be at CA, why not Disneyland?

It won't cause them because that particular land is no longer rubbing against the North American landmass. It will be the underwater land between them. So it won't be a source for earthquakes, but earthquakes can still be felt there.

Okay, then perhaps I didn't made myself clear there, I apologize.

Okay, by plate border I meant the area where the two plates are actively affecting each other. So when say, one submerges, it only affects the other in the area where they are clashing, but nothing beyond that in either direction.

By non-existent I meant the Farallon plate, the one that no longer exists and only remnant plates remain, Juan de Fuca being one of them. So yes, there is still activity, but it's no longer caused by the Farallon plate.

Okay here I don't get what you're talking about. Could you please clarify?

But that island will rub against the ocean plate that's to the right of it, won't it?

Noooooo that's what I just said earlier though, that I realized what you meant by now.

Okay... but I wasn't even talking about the Farallon in the first place =< I've actually never been taught of the Farallon before I don't think.

I was just sorta repeating what I'm talking about in the beginning of this post and the previous posts. It should still create earthquakes since it is rubbing along what's left of the ocean plate to its right.

But that island will rub against the ocean plate that's to the right of it, won't it?

Noooooo that's what I just said earlier though, that I realized what you meant by now.

Okay... but I wasn't even talking about the Farallon in the first place =< I've actually never been taught of the Farallon before I don't think.

I was just sorta repeating what I'm talking about in the beginning of this post and the previous posts. It should still create earthquakes since it is rubbing along what's left of the ocean plate to its right.

No, it won't be the island, it will be the underwater land between the island and the continent.

Ah, okay, I see.

Yes, you mentioned the plate that created the Rocky mountains. The Farallon plate was the one that created them. Oh, I see, you mixed them up?

Yes, the Pacific plate will still rub the North American one. Actually, I went to check the movements, and the Pacific is actually moving more northwest than I thought, so the island will actually end up moving away from North America as it goes north. This gets mitigated somewhat since the North American plate moves westwards, but still...

No, it won't be the island, it will be the underwater land between the island and the continent.

Ah, okay, I see.

Yes, you mentioned the plate that created the Rocky mountains. The Farallon plate was the one that created them. Oh, I see, you mixed them up?

Yes, the Pacific plate will still rub the North American one. Actually, I went to check the movements, and the Pacific is actually moving more northwest than I thought, so the island will actually end up moving away from North America as it goes north. This gets mitigated somewhat since the North American plate moves westwards, but still...

...... So you were just being very specific about it?? Or is it that this chunk of land hitched a ride on the pacific plate underneath and is breaking off? I guess I still don't even understand how that's been working out.

I suppose I did? They weren't the same thing before?

SF meet up in LA? That could be doable for me.

My willingness, on the other hand, is a different story.

LA? Holy cow... that would require a plane.

I am NOT taking a car from Florida to Cali.

And if it's going to be at CA, why not Disneyland?

OH HI VASHI.

Well, I'm also from the East Coast too..... Fre sort of figured me out, but let's keep that a secret. Plus, LA has Little Tokyo.

So how many people are even willing? :(

Meanwhile, there are probably quite a few people Rey would want to meet IRL

That damn gigolo

lolol that made me laugh.

Edited by Shirley

Should I even ask?

He'd likely welcome you-

[/shakes head]

No, you shouldn't...

-but I'm okay with Vashi's opposition

too easily amused Edited by OldMan

OH HI VASHI.

Well, I'm also from the East Coast too..... Fre sort of figured me out, but let's keep that a secret. Plus, LA has Little Tokyo.

Hi-hi.

As for taking pictures with my penguin... I think the six-year-old stole it again, because I haven't found it.

So I'm going to hold her Shamu hostage until she spills. XD

Little Tokyo, huh? Sounds like fun. :)

He'd likely welcome you-

-but I'm okay with Vashi's opposition

too easily amused

Just a little. :)

Fortunately it's the good kind of easily amused.

Edited by Vashiane

Welcome me for what?

I think I'll agree with Vashi, though I'm not sure what I'm agreeing to.

--- Wait, are you trying to say SoC is worst than Dio?

Define worse than Dio