Top Posters In This Topic

/JUNPEI/

Damn right.

Get it dammit.

Fight with me.

With crappy me. Auto combo lyfe

/shrugs

Aye. He is.

Probably another cocky and all high and mighty one.

Also cremation is tomorrow. :c

And Yukari but JUNPEI.

Ah... you still have my condolences, of course.

Off to recover my laptop.

MY RESURRECTION IS NIGH.

MWUHUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Oh, good!

Aside of Lucina, I don't have a single kid.

Inigo can be recruited because Chrom x Olivia, and he even starts with capped stats, but I don't bother for now.

Inigo's paralogue annoys me.

Edited by Levant Fortner

Sadly the levels are pretty damn linear, but then again it's often the case with FPS games. There are a lot of secrets though and I generally suck at finding them. First level had eight, I only got two.

So far I only have the katana and the revolver. With the preorder I should be able to get two different katanas and a sledgehammer as well. Supposedly the weapons aren't that great until they're upgraded though and are mostly used for boss fights.

There's a lot of depth in the upgrades you can get, which is quite interesting considering the variety of powers around.

So more like a modern FPS, with a touch of the old FPS hidden stuff, huh. I had a feeling it would be like that. I miss old FPS level design. :[

A sledgehammer, eh. The Asian qualities of this game make me think it's gonna be like Rayden's warhammer from MK4, but I have a feeling I might be a tad wrong. So if the weapons aren't that great...I guess that means killing enemies is gonna be hard too?

That's pretty cool. What sort of stuff can you get?

Also cremation is tomorrow. :c

May he rest in peace.

So more like a modern FPS, with a touch of the old FPS hidden stuff, huh. I had a feeling it would be like that. I miss old FPS level design. :[

A sledgehammer, eh. The Asian qualities of this game make me think it's gonna be like Rayden's warhammer from MK4, but I have a feeling I might be a tad wrong. So if the weapons aren't that great...I guess that means killing enemies is gonna be hard too?

That's pretty cool. What sort of stuff can you get?

Old FPS games were pretty linear too now that I remember. Maybe not as much but it's still point A to B with some backtracking.

The special edition of the game came with bonus weapons from the other games of the publisher, which is Devolver Digital. The sledgehammer is from Serious Sam 3 and one of the katanas is from Hotline Miami.

One spell I got makes some kind of river on the ground that makes enemies levitate and they become easier to hit. I think Lo Wang said something about meat pinatas when he used it.

Edited by Woodshooter

Old FPS games were pretty linear too now that I remember. Maybe not as much but it's still point A to B with some backtracking.

The special edition of the game came with bonus weapons from the other games of the publisher, which is Devolver Digital. The sledgehammer is from Serious Sam 3 and one of the katanas is from Hotline Miami.

One spell I got makes some kind of river on the ground that makes enemies levitate and they become easier to hit. I think Lo Wang said something about meat pinatas when he used it.

Yeah, a lot of them were like that, but I thought Duke Nukem 3D had legit good design. It's really super fun, and there are so many ways to choose, so many ways to go about things, and every level is full of awesome secrets. Not that I found most of them, but still.

Oh, ok. So they're plugging themselves. Cool.

Good ol' Lo Wang humour. That's a weird power-up, to be certain. I've never seen it in any other game, but I guess that also makes it cool/unique.

Edited by Nightmare

I. HAVE. RETURNED.

...and the funniest part is that now, our car has broken down.

Like we were stuck at In-N-Out Burger parking lot with the car not starting.

All because I was stupid and wanted to turn off the car to try to restart the radio.

I didn't listen to my mom saying "wait till we get home".

I didn't. Turned off the engine.

Urgh.

She went to the bathroom inside the restaurant.

I prayed. I was praying for the car to start.

35 times I tried. Only the 36th time did the car start once I admitted my own stupidity.

I. HAVE. RETURNED.

...and the funniest part is that now, our car has broken down.

Like we were stuck at In-N-Out Burger parking lot with the car not starting.

All because I was stupid and wanted to turn off the car to try to restart the radio.

I didn't listen to my mom saying "wait till we get home".

I didn't. Turned off the engine.

Urgh.

She went to the bathroom inside the restaurant.

I prayed. I was praying for the car to start.

35 times I tried. Only the 36th time did the car start once I admitted my own stupidity.

did you set it to wumbo?

Yeah, a lot of them were like that, but I thought Duke Nukem 3D had legit good design. It's really super fun, and there are so many ways to choose, so many ways to go about things, and every level is full of awesome secrets. Not that I found most of them, but still.

Oh, ok. So they're plugging themselves. Cool.

Good ol' Lo Wang humour. That's a weird power-up, to be certain. I've never seen it in any other game, but I guess that also makes it cool/unique.

It's close enough really. Maybe back then we didn't mind so much about linearity.

Pretty much. Those who bought the game on preorder on Steam got a 75% off coupon for any Devolver game or Hard Reset, which is done by the same developper and is in the same genre, albeit more sci-fi than fantastic.

It's the only one I bought for myself. Another one was forced into me and is basically some sort of sword stance that deals bonus damage or something. Haven't read too much into it, but it looks like Mitsurugi's Mist stance in Soul Calibur.