FE4 THREAD

Fia

The paralogues are really going to be a pain to fix. Although I did have the idea of having Aversa be the final boss of chapter 24 instead of 25 (and the 25 boss will be replaced with a generic Risen). But this still has the issue of "why are we going on a sidequest instead of stopping Grima"?

Maybe we could fudge the locations?

So very true.

Isn't sidequests before killing evil being that might destroy the entire world a general RPG rule?

• Replies 674.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't sidequests before killing evil being that might destroy the entire world a general RPG rule?

Yes, but that doesn't mean it has to make sense in a story perspective.

The paralogues are really going to be a pain to fix. Although I did have the idea of having Aversa be the final boss of chapter 24 instead of 25 (and the 25 boss will be replaced with a generic Risen). But this still has the issue of "why are we going on a sidequest instead of stopping Grima"?

Maybe we could fudge the locations?

So very true.

Right... and that's the only thing I could think of... maybe we could switch the locations of Severa's paralogue and Aversa's? It's much closer that way.

so i found out today that i curved my spine by accident when running during yoga, apparently my cartiliage broke and so now part of my ribcage is a bump on my chest, it feels werid, lucklily it is minor

Right... and that's the only thing I could think of... maybe we could switch the locations of Severa's paralogue and Aversa's? It's much closer that way.

It would make recruiting Severa less of a brain breaker as well. A lot of the kids' paralogues show up in places that just don't WORK logically if we're going by story. I mean, we can say fudge the paralogues of everyone in Ylisse (Morgan, Laurent, Noire, Nah, Kjelle, Yarne) by saying that the Plegian fleet isn't going to get there IMMEDIATELY, so Chrom and the Shepherds do a last minute check of Ylisse before heading out to Valm. But the ones in Valm, especially the "out-of-the-way" ones, require a LOT more ... creative thinking.

It would make recruiting Severa less of a brain breaker as well. A lot of the kids' paralogues show up in places that just don't WORK logically if we're going by story. I mean, we can say fudge the paralogues of everyone in Ylisse (Morgan, Laurent, Noire, Nah, Kjelle, Yarne) by saying that the Plegian fleet isn't going to get there IMMEDIATELY, so Chrom and the Shepherds do a last minute check of Ylisse before heading out to Valm. But the ones in Valm, especially the "out-of-the-way" ones, require a LOT more ... creative thinking.

what are you making?

Especially since they're in the middle of a war campaign... Inigo's is fairly simple, it's right next to Valm Harbor. Gerome's next to Tiki I believe, so they could easily cut through Wyvern Valley to get to Tiki or vice versa.

... Cynthia is a whole other story. She's on an island. In the middle of bloody nowhere.

Especially since they're in the middle of a war campaign... Inigo's is fairly simple, it's right next to Valm Harbor. Gerome's next to Tiki I believe, so they could easily cut through Wyvern Valley to get to Tiki or vice versa.

... Cynthia is a whole other story. She's on an island. In the middle of bloody nowhere.

Don't they have to go back to Ylissean continent for Ch21? Maybe they... lost course or something...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Cynthia, and arguably Owain, I guess. Although we could have them recruiting Cynthia on the way back to Ylisse after the Valm campaign.

Cynthia, and arguably Owain, I guess. Although we could have them recruiting Cynthia on the way back to Ylisse after the Valm campaign.

Owain's a bit off, yes.

Wait. I can go look. To my sister's profile, away!

Well, it'll take quite a bit of suspension of disbelief. Maybe Robin and Silvia will become alcoholics due to Chrom's lack of priorities and their inability to do anything about it. But I think we can make the timing of the paralogues work with the story.

That, and we need to redo the Valm arc anyway.

Well, that's mainly what happens when you add Paralogues to a World Map system... and then considering what those Paralogues are about.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Are you really trying to justify what makes sense in a game where you can break logical progression by chapter 2?
I mean MU C support with Lissa has MU mention "Risen"

Later that chapter or the next one Chroms all "Risen!" and MUs like "what"

All the sidequests are "out of story context".

I mean for goodness sake you unlock Anna recruitment AFTER Chapter 9. You know, when you're RUNNING AWAY.

It's also a pain to think that they're looking for Naga's Tear in the Ruins of Time with Marc/Morgan before they you know... get on the ships to Valm.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Well, it'll take quite a bit of suspension of disbelief. Maybe Robin and Silvia will become alcoholics due to Chrom's lack of priorities and their inability to do anything about it. But I think we can make the timing of the paralogues work with the story.

Hahahaha. XD

... Good point. [/headdesk]

lol at the bolded part

Btw, what is this?

It's called going to the beach.

The worst part is that it reminds me of my mother's hat.

OMG Rey, even her? This is disgusting

FRACK.

I had Marc inherit Ignis.

--oh well. Male only skills for inheritance suck anyway.

No biggie

Annie has been distracting me all of today.

Oh my

I mean for goodness sake you unlock Anna recruitment AFTER Chapter 9. You know, when you're RUNNING AWAY.

I like to imagine that paralogues 3 and 4, EVEN IF THEY ARE UNLOCKED BEFORE TIME SKIP, take place after the time skip. Simply because there is no logical TIME for them to happen otherwise.

But yeah, we'll probably not rewrite all of Valm, because that'll be a pain and too much effort, but let's at least make the villains and the plotline make sense (and make sure the Shepherds don't forget about Plegia because lolwhatisPlegiawe'reinValm).