FE4 THREAD

Fia

Oh no! Gannondorf kidnapped princess Zelda, let's go fishing!

Another example: Team Galactic's Mt. Coronet operation. They'll wait for you to fish up a rare fish before they try to destroy the world.

• Replies 674.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

I like to imagine that paralogues 3 and 4, EVEN IF THEY ARE UNLOCKED BEFORE TIME SKIP, take place after the time skip. Simply because there is no logical TIME for them to happen otherwise.

But yeah, we'll probably not rewrite all of Valm, because that'll be a pain and too much effort, but let's at least make the villains and the plotline make sense (and make sure the Shepherds don't forget about Plegia because lolwhatisPlegiawe'reinValm).

I swear to Naga there is nothing in Chrom's skull sometimes...

And yeah, I got to chapter 13 earlier and took a nice long examination of the meeting Validar scene.

Rey is more comfortably familiar with his parent's amorous exploits than anyone needs to be

It's not my fault my mother can't keep her mouth shut at the dinner table about stuff they do while I'm at game club on Fridays.

I swear to Naga there is nothing in Chrom's skull sometimes...

And yeah, I got to chapter 13 earlier and took a nice long examination of the meeting Validar scene.

Chrom's not an airhead, because he doesn't even have air in there, apparently XD But yeah, Chrom, what the hell ...

Oh yeah, I remember us discussing all the things wrong with that chapter 13 scene and how we're going to change it. If you're going to make it obvious to the players that this dude is evil, don't make it obvious to the characters ;/

If you're going to make it obvious to the players that this dude is evil, don't make it obvious to the characters ;/

But with a description like Validar's ("A dark mage who wishes to architect the world's end"), how can it NOT be obvious he's evil?

But with a description like Validar's ("A dark mage who wishes to architect the world's end"), how can it NOT be obvious he's evil?

Don't give him a description like that, for starters.

All the sidequests are "out of story context".

I mean for goodness sake you unlock Anna recruitment AFTER Chapter 9. You know, when you're RUNNING AWAY.

It's also a pain to think that they're looking for Naga's Tear in the Ruins of Time with Marc/Morgan before they you know... get on the ships to Valm.

Isn't Morgan's Paralogue at least in Ylisse? What about going to one in Valm before ever setting foot in Valm?

And what's the problem with the chapter 13 scene?

Chrom's not an airhead, because he doesn't even have air in there, apparently XD But yeah, Chrom, what the hell ...

Oh yeah, I remember us discussing all the things wrong with that chapter 13 scene and how we're going to change it. If you're going to make it obvious to the players that this dude is evil, don't make it obvious to the characters ;/

Right?

Now, the bit about not sending any soldiers is actually quite crafty. I do like that.

Although, their sudden generosity just SCREAMS "suspiscous" by itself, mysterious hierophant or resemblances be damned. I mean, war is not cheap, and unless they are absolutely LOADED there is no way they can fund two wars and work on repairing their country in such a short amount of time. That's insane.

Premonition is another issue altogether, honestly.

Like ... FE13 makes no attempt to keep anything in suspense. They pretty much introduce Grima at the end of chapter 6, with him/her saying "I am the fell dragon Grima". However, even Chrom can tell in chapter 13 that "OMG this new king looks like the assassin that tried to kill my sister." They should've had Validar retreat in chapter 6, after most of his forces were wiped out, so that Chrom doesn't know what he looked like.

Isn't Morgan's Paralogue at least in Ylisse? What about going to one in Valm before ever setting foot in Valm?

And what's the problem with the chapter 13 scene?

Ylisse

1. (Feel free to ignore this, this is weeaboo territory) FUCK that name.

2. It's in Felia/Ferox territory. Or do you mean the continent?

3. Chapter 13: OOOOH, I AM SO EVIIIIL. BUT I'LL SUPPORT YOU... FOR MY OWN EEEEVIL REASONS... OH BY THE WAY, HAVE SOME EEEVIIIL RISEN AFTER YOU OBVIOUSLY COMMANDED BY MY EEEVILL SELF. BUT I'M SURE YOU'LL BE FINE... OH AND MY EEEVIIIL SELF IS YOUR FATHER.

OH AND BY THE WAY, YOU'LL FORGET ABOUT MY EEEVVVVIIL SELF FOR ABOUT 9 CHAPTERS OR SO.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Right?

Now, the bit about not sending any soldiers is actually quite crafty. I do like that.

Although, their sudden generosity just SCREAMS "suspiscous" by itself, mysterious hierophant or resemblances be damned. I mean, war is not cheap, and unless they are absolutely LOADED there is no way they can fund two wars and work on repairing their country in such a short amount of time. That's insane.

Oh yeah, that's another thing I didn't realize at first. Honestly, FE13 had a lot of issues when it came to the "political" aspect and Chrom having the worst case of ADHD of any FE lord ever does not help.

I also love how in the beginning of C6 Chrom goes "The assassins should scatter if we defeat their leader." Yet it's Route. I don't mind becaue Defeat Boss was a pretty stupid concept.

well it certainly makes ltc easier, althougb i suck at ltc

I also love how in the beginning of C6 Chrom goes "The assassins should scatter if we defeat their leader." Yet it's Route. I don't mind becaue Defeat Boss was a pretty stupid concept.

More objectives would have been NICE. Like some seizes maybe? Or... um, ESCAPES?