FE4 THREAD

Fia

A lot of fandoms do this I'm sure

They see a hot character so they want to mold them into something they idealised, rather than what the character actually is

And it's a super disservice to the character in question

I know, I hate it even more when people do the same thing to justify a ship

• Replies 674.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

And for Lute, she's even the only female sage (IIRC) in that game, why not use some recoloring of Nino's sprite instead of using the long haired one

Because long hair is best hair

I know, I hate it even more when people do the same thing to justify a ship

Oh god that's the worst

Omg, FE9 battle animations, what the freaking hell was that?

I guess they're experimenting with 3d

And didn't do that well

Yeah, I usually don't get involved with the fandom of anything, I usually keep it to talk with my friends that also like it. This forum is probably the only exception.

now give me your ships for ASOIAF

The inner fandom of ASOIAF can be a very scary place. The theorizing gets...cray.

Hot Pie/Gendry for life! Seriously though, i ship Sansa/Happiness more than anything. And Arianne and...that one super spoilery guy who hasnt shown up yet in the show.

Good. There's a lot of fans who claim they love loki but doesn't get his character at all and I'm like "how can you claim to be a fan when you don't love him for what he is"

I love the guy though and I can't wait to see their interactions~

I have ridiculous standards for professional art these days though, especially now that I've been through Avengers concept art, a bunch of really great comic artists, and now Assassin's Creed official art and I'm very critical of professional artists since I have a trained eye on things and can't see things uncritically

Holy shit that is a lot of defense for Lucius

That should put him in like

Immortal mode if I can usually get by with 6

I love a lot of bad guys. Roose Bolton, Ganondorf, Loki, etc. All for what they are. Loki is exceptionally well written in his own right. Changing his character for the sake of self-fanservice just doesnt gibe well with me. Loki's character has so much going on that i dont need to put in my own headcanons to make him appealing. Nor do i slobber over him in the sense i could go "oh if someone just gave him a hug..." no. Loki wouldnt like a hug. He wants Gungnir, thanks.

LOL Yeah. Lucius with defense or anything resembling it is just nuts. The RNG loves him this time.

A lot of fandoms do this I'm sure

They see a hot character so they want to mold them into something they idealised, rather than what the character actually is

And it's a super disservice to the character in question

Agreed. Which is one reason i was so EHHHH about the casting of Ramsay in Game of Thrones. The actor is not unattractive at all. The character is fucking SCARY AS HELL! So the idea of people Draco In Leather Pants-ing him made me ill. Luckily, this really hasnt occurred due to his performance being downright terrifying. Thus it dissuaded people from woobifying him. Didnt stop some psychos out there though. I dont like it when people do that shit with Sephiroth either. I like Seph as he is. Hes awesome being a nasty badass thanks. I dont like the FF7 spinoffs that much for this reason.

As a spriter I can say that making battle sprites is a pain in the ass so I'm okay with recoloured generic sprites

AND HOW!!!!

*screams loudly*

There, there, Boron. I understand your pain.

I just didn't like FE11/12's art/sprite style. eugh. e_____e

Ehh im not a fan either. The sprites were ugly. The art is ok. CAMUS!! HNNNGH! Not great, but ok. Awakening has some good art outside wonky class stuff though.

I love a lot of bad guys. Roose Bolton, Ganondorf, Loki, etc. All for what they are. Loki is exceptionally well written in his own right. Changing his character for the sake of self-fanservice just doesnt gibe well with me. Loki's character has so much going on that i dont need to put in my own headcanons to make him appealing. Nor do i slobber over him in the sense i could go "oh if someone just gave him a hug..." no. Loki wouldnt like a hug. He wants Gungnir, thanks.

Oh yeah. definitely. He'll probably stab you if you tried to give him a hug.

He fucking stabbed Thor in the side when Thor was like brother come home how do those mortals think they're gonna ever even get near him enough for a hug

not a fan of FE11's art

FE12's look pretty nice outside of faces though

Artistically I like FE10's the best, not the models but the OA's

Edited by Ezio Auditore da Firenze

Oh yeah. definitely. He'll probably stab you if you tried to give him a hug.

He fucking stabbed Thor in the side when Thor was like brother come home how do those mortals think they're gonna ever even get near him enough for a hug

not a fan of FE11's art

FE12's look pretty nice outside of faces though

Artistically I like FE10's the best, not the models but the OA's

Loki, even at his most woobifying moment, would not want you to hug him. At all. Give him a plot MacGuffin to secure his position and maybe....just maybe he'll smile at you. In a genuine fashion. Otherwise, expect a blade in your back, a really clever snarky one-liner and him using you as a stool pigeon. AND I FUCKING LOVE HIM FOR IT! AGHHHHHHHHH *FLAILS*

Oh shit, yeah! The FE10 OA is fantastic. I prefer Soren's OA in FE9, but everyone else in FE10 is fucking awesome. Jill gets special mention.

What do you mean?

Kjelle's and Kellam's armor, Battle Panties, Tharja's dark mage outfit, etc.

Edited by Lord Pent

As a lover of butts I can say that I did not enjoy battle panties on my great knights

butts are amazing but there's a time and place for showing them and in heavy armor on a horse is not one of them

BATTLE PANTIES ARE BEST PANTIES.

L0LqRLR.png

Butt (see what I did there), Olivia always wins.

Oh god that's the worst

I guess they're experimenting with 3d

And didn't do that well

They at least improved a bit in FE10 and FE13, now if they have something like RD flowing as smooth as in Awakening with HD graphics for the next game (and with foots of course) I can die a happy man

I just didn't like FE11/12's art/sprite style. eugh. e_____e

Me neither

The inner fandom of ASOIAF can be a very scary place. The theorizing gets...cray.

Hot Pie/Gendry for life! Seriously though, i ship Sansa/Happiness more than anything. And Arianne and...that one super spoilery guy who hasnt shown up yet in the show.

Yes, I've seem some of the teorizing...

[spoiler=Huge and minor ASOIAF/GoT spoilers and ships]Sometimes I actually want Sansa to die just so she'll stop suffering[spoiler=HUGE SPOILER AS FUCK, READ AT YOUR OWN RISK]...Aegon??

It's a bit hard shipping people in this series when you are never sure if both are even going to survive... But anyway, Jaime/Brienne, Dany/Jorah, I shipped Jon/Ygritte[spoiler=really, serious spoiler here] before, you know, she died.

But considering the way his character is turning out to be, specially if some of the theories about him are true, I'm almost shipping him with Dany. Actually I sometimes have a hard time shipping people with her, and sometimes just want her to have her personal harem with evry men in the realms >_> (not really, I'm just exaggerating here).

Roose Bolton, I hate him so much for what he have done, but he's so badass

Edited by Tonton

Even through the cape!! Sif is awesome in general though. Stupid useless Jane Foster.

Don't hate on Jane, not every woman should have to be a fighter to be awesome

I do prefer fighters but that's because I identify with them more since a fist to the face is my solution to the world's problems

But Jane's very important to Thor and his character development and she's an intelligent woman in her own right who's FOR SCIENCE and I can respect her for that and she shouldn't be required to be able to punch someone's head off to be amazing

Now I haven't seen the movie so I wouldn't know how they handled Jane there but I wouldn't blame Jane one bit but rather the writing team

I mean Jane did play a important part in Thor's maturing so

You don't have to like her but I feel calling her useless is unfair to her