• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a massive difference between being a great character and being a great base to BECOME a great character, and I think the way Fire Emblem is set up means it might be screwing itself out of decent characterizations, since on average there's 30-40 characters per game and several of them follow a particular archetype.

sure that works for fe11 if you accept "a face and a line" as "a base to become a great character"

EDIT: in case my flippant manner didn't make it clear, i don't

Edited by Integrity

sure that works for fe11 if you accept "a face and a line" as "a base to become a great character"

W-Well... I - I meant that sort of for the series as a whole, but... considering that FE11 was a remake of the... very predictable (to not use the word cliche) FE1... er... yeah.

How cute

Aw how adorable.

These better not be directed at me. :|

There's a massive difference between being a great character and being a great base to BECOME a great character, and I think the way Fire Emblem is set up means it might be screwing itself out of decent characterizations, since on average there's 30-40 characters per game and several of them follow a particular archetype.

Pretty much, yeah. It's pretty hard for a game to boast a cast of several dozen and still manage to characterize all of them with the same level of quality. Incidentally, that's also why the balance people seem to want will never happen, but that's a different subject altogether.

Well then, what do I look like? There is no consistency in my choice of avatars.

EDIT: I'm probably going to regret this.

Edited by Lanselot

W-Well... I - I meant that sort of for the series as a whole, but... considering that FE11 was a remake of the... very predictable (to not use the word cliche) FE1... er... yeah.

OH

my bad, my bad

i read that as a statement like "fe11's characters have the BASIS to be great and are therefore great!!"

please disregard my rudeness

OH

my bad, my bad

i read that as a statement like "fe11's characters have the BASIS to be great and are therefore great!!"

please disregard my rudeness

N-No, it's fine...!

I should have been clearer...

:)

Hey, Marthur looks like Marthur again.

Welcome back!

You sure don't look like a tangerine, so you must not be Tangerine even though that's what your name says.

Who are you?

I dunno, guy with facial hair? That is pretty consistent!

Except for the time you had a half naked woman as your av I guess...

I'm pretty sure at least half of my avatars are scantily clad women lol

Uh........ maybe. *hides behind Nightmare somewhere*

And wooooooo, spoke to Sam today. >__> And he recognized my voice; I win.

*ignorant of the FE stuff*

I've got a mini-group-presentation in about 30 minutes or so... I really hope I don't have to talk that much... ;~;

It's a really short one, so I shouldn't freak out too much, but still...

本当に恥ずかしがり屋だな。

oh hey fruit since you're posting here and not online skype i'll just copy my thing i sent to you

[15:12:28] Ike: boooooooossssss

[15:12:37] Ike: you're offline I KNOW but i want you to get this when you get online again

[15:16:13] Ike: i'm missing HIDE POST privileges in smtxfe, heroes of light and shadow, shadow dragon, radiant dawn, path of radiance boards

[15:16:29] Ike: oddly not the DS FE and GC&Wii FE superboards, just the subboards

[15:16:33] Ike: can you fiiiix iiiiiit please :(

We'll go with 'pervert' then.

Let's go with that then. Just remember it takes one to know one.

Uh........ maybe. *hides behind Nightmare somewhere*

There is no Nightmare for you to hide behind, but there is no need to hide. I will not harm you.

oh hey fruit since you're posting here and not online skype i'll just copy my thing i sent to you

[15:12:28] Ike: boooooooossssss

[15:12:37] Ike: you're offline I KNOW but i want you to get this when you get online again

[15:16:13] Ike: i'm missing HIDE POST privileges in smtxfe, heroes of light and shadow, shadow dragon, radiant dawn, path of radiance boards

[15:16:29] Ike: oddly not the DS FE and GC&Wii FE superboards, just the subboards

[15:16:33] Ike: can you fiiiix iiiiiit please :(

Let me know if that fixed iiiit