FE4 THREAD

Fia

How do Origins and Felghana compare gameplay wise?

Felghana and Origin use the same engine.

Origins is easier and more linear (you pretty much never need to backtrack) but gives you three characters with different playstyles (two fighters and one mage). Felghana is harder and expects you to revisit older areas to get upgrades whenever you find mobility/utility improvements, though it still follows a very set path. It also only has one playable character.

I personally like Felghana better (I blame the soundtrack), but some prefer Origin.

Now if only bofgames would release their Zwei II patch already...

Also, if you play Origin, don't play the third character's scenario before beating Hugo's. The Japanese version required beating both scenarios before unlocking him, but XSEED made that easier...

Edited by OldMan

• Replies 674.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh what, another update? More presents?! Hooray! Gotta get it now...

[spoiler=It made me feel like being a dick, too.]O1n242H.png

Excellent.

Is Rune Factory anything like Animal Crossing, Harvest Moon, and Fantasy Life?

Rune Factory is Harvest Moon. A (more fantastic) spin-off, but it belongs to the same series. The subtitle of several of the games is even "A Fantasy Harvest Moon".

When did I become a queen...

Yeah actually you're right. Too easy.

Since I became your magic mirror.

I told you. Still super great though.

Oh yeah, another thing I should do is hunting Antlions to make a sandgun

Oh what, another update? More presents?! Hooray! Gotta get it now...

Excellent.

I wish there was a way of hiding the lava without making it disappear on relog, though. I need to suavize the hellish feeling of this new setup somehow.

Maybe I should experiment with pillar walls and differently colored torches or something.

Getting it as soon as I can find an use for a 35 or 50 buck cards

My fingers probably won't allow me to play it, but shinobi 3 is shinobi 3

Oh yeah, I guess I'll be something in Poly's hack.

I wish there was a way of hiding the lava without making it disappear on relog, though. I need to suavize the hellish feeling of this new setup somehow.

Maybe I should experiment with pillar walls and differently colored torches or something.

Getting it as soon as I can find an use for a 35 or 50 buck cards

My fingers probably won't allow me to play it, but shinobi 3 is shinobi 3

Yeah, that's too bad.

That would be cool. Reminds me I should experiment with different blocks in my castle too, it's all...too grey.

What's up with your fingers.

Edited by Nightmare

Yeah, that's too bad.

That would be cool. Reminds me I should experiment with different blocks in my castle too, it's all...too grey.

What's up with your fingers.

I should study this.

Aye, comrade. Which reminds me, my old desert base got taken by The Hallow, so I'll probably collect the altered sand there to build pearlstone bricks sometime.

... I should probably make a few bricks already to see if they please me, though.

My thumbs can't handle gaming on portables. They start hurting a lot, and they've been getting worse. I blame Awakening.

I really should see a doctor soon...

Hmm... that 75% on Bioshock Infinite is tempting me... But I don't think if my computer can handle it...

Don't buy stuff you can't or won't play, Tonton

Resist it

Edited by OldMan

But that percentage is so beautiful

Whatever, when I get a better PC i might be able to get some good sale at some point or I just pirate it :o

Oh, look, Spore got a 75% too. It's not like, I bought it ages ago with the full price and taxes and shit *eye twitches*

I should see if my computer can handle Portal 2, I really liked the first one, but haven't played 2 yet...

But that percentage is so beautiful

Whatever, when I get a better PC i might be able to get some good sale at some point or I just pirate it :o

Oh, look, Spore got a 75% too. It's not like, I bought it ages ago with the full price and taxes and shit *eye twitches*

I should see if my computer can handle Portal 2, I really liked the first one, but haven't played 2 yet...

RESIST IT

Paying full price for PC games? And you call yourself a BR

I should study this.

Aye, comrade. Which reminds me, my old desert base got taken by The Hallow, so I'll probably collect the altered sand there to build pearlstone bricks sometime.

... I should probably make a few bricks already to see if they please me, though.

My thumbs can't handle gaming on portables. They start hurting a lot, and they've been getting worse. I blame Awakening.

I really should see a doctor soon...

Go for it.

Pearlstone would be cool. I would probably use it for my chapel, make it seem more pristine and stuff. If only you could hang a big bell...

I should really do that, too. I already have in mind to try out ice and snow bricks.

And speaking of things we should do, I should also go around and gather more paintings, among other decoration stuff. My castle is too barren.

Ow, that doesn't sound good.

Yes, you really should.

Go for it.

Pearlstone would be cool. I would probably use it for my chapel, make it seem more pristine and stuff. If only you could hang a big bell...

I should really do that, too. I already have in mind to try out ice and snow bricks.

And speaking of things we should do, I should also go around and gather more paintings, among other decoration stuff. My castle is too barren.

Ow, that doesn't sound good.

Yes, you really should.

I'm not too hopeful, but well.

The wall seems to be disappointingly dark though

And pity the only bell is a hardmode item that can't be placed

And talking about hardmode

I think you need to get to it if you want to get the Santa NPC and buy christmas trees and decorations

I only looked at them for a minute before work, but they didn't seem bad

;_;

I'm not too hopeful, but well.

The wall seems to be disappointingly dark though

And pity the only bell is a hardmode item that can't be placed

And talking about hardmode

I think you need to get to it if you want to get the Santa NPC and buy christmas trees and decorations

I only looked at them for a minute before work, but they didn't seem bad

;_;

Yes, we shall see.

Ah, damn.

Yeah, that's a real pity. I can't have my Symphony-esque bell tower. ;_;

Oh, is that so. I should get around to finishing up my construction then, until a crack for the new update is released. Doing Christmas stuff should be fun.

*Patpat*

I like Origin better.
The game, level, boss designs are so much better.

Even its OST imo. I love Beyond the Beginning, Over Drive, Scarlet Tempest and Silent Desert too much
Valestein Castle trumps them all, but The Boy's Got Wings grew a bit old on me. I guess Sealed Time is fine too though.

Since I became your magic mirror.

Hmmmmm...

That level with the rocks slightly made me rage though...

Edited by Marthur

I like Origin better.

Even its OST imo. I love Beyond the Beginning, Over Drive, Scarlet Tempest and Silent Desert too much

Valestein Castle trumps them all, but The Boy's Got Wings grew a bit old on me. I guess Sealed Time is fine too though.

Hmmmmm...

I tried the demo, looks pretty good

and apparently there's some sort of axe wielding girl? sold

Hmmmmm...

Yes, ponder this turn of events. Ponder it well. It may mean your end...or it may mean a new beginning.

Actually, I see you're acting on it already.

Yeah. What about the giant bio-monster? And mecha-gojira?

Gasap!!

Wailord

Wailord

Wailord

=D

I-I guess I could be a Wailord.

I like Origin better.

Hmmmmm...

Origin's soundtrack never wowed me, save for a couple tracks

So even if I got tired of Felghana's, it still wins by default

But Origin's true ending is one of the best endings of all time

I tried the demo, looks pretty good

and apparently there's some sort of axe wielding girl? sold

Yunica

One of the playable characters

Edited by OldMan

Eating one a day is good for your health! : D

Yay! I needed that~!

Weeee yeah~ Too bad I never do that since the only apples my dad gets are the kind that I'm not super fond of~ Or even some I don't even like

Oh coolio!

I-I guess I could be a Wailord.

Oh I meant as a trainer~ You could have an army of Wailord!!

Except not really, I was just teasing~

Yes, ponder this turn of events. Ponder it well. It may mean your end...or it may mean a new beginning.

Actually, I see you're acting on it already.

Yeah. What about the giant bio-monster? And mecha-gojira?

It's okay. They're healthy apples! ^-^

The first wasn't that bad. The second took some retries and I won because I didn't take as many hits by random rocks.

OH

You rascal.

=D

I think with Wailord, you should also have a Gengar/Hypno that would know Nightmare~ Or maybe a different pokemon that could possibly learn it from TM if you want one other than those two! Like Lapras or Noctowl or Umbreon or something on this list you might like! (there's also Mewtwo but idk if Poly cares or not about you having a legendary~)

Edited by Freohr Datia