FE4 THREAD

Fia

Well, my sentiments were "if you were going to say I need braces, you should've done it a long time ago. At this point, fuck them."

It's more for looks than anything, imo, so I dunno.

Yeah? I've one on the bottom. A friend of mine had a permanent one on the top.

Crap. I hope I don't need one of those. >_<

• Replies 674.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

Crap. I hope I don't need one of those. >_<

They'll do it if they feel it's needed to help KEEP your teeth straight. For instance, when I had braces, my bottom teeth continuously gave me trouble, either gaining gaps or closing them fast, so a permanent one was glues to them to ensure they didn't shift. I had a more typical retainer for the top.

They'll do it if they feel it's needed to help KEEP your teeth straight. For instance, when I had braces, my bottom teeth continuously gave me trouble, either gaining gaps or closing them fast, so a permanent one was glues to them to ensure they didn't shift. I had a more typical retainer for the top.

Oh wow. :(

That must be pretty inconvenient. The cleaning, at least.

HOW DID YOU DEAL WITH IT NIGHTMARE.

Very carefully.

It's more for looks than anything, imo, so I dunno.

It's also a matter of health. I had to do it, for example, for crooked teeth and because my jaws weren't aligned. If I had not done it, I would now have several problems with my teeth and jaws, besides just looking kind of dumb.

I had it easy, though. There are people who have it waaaaay worse, and they definitely don't do it just for the looks, so your opinion there is completely wrong, since it's not a matter of opinion anyway.

Did you also have to wear the clear plastic ones as well as the permanent ones?

I don't think the clear plastic ones were 'in' when I got mine. I got the plastic and wired one. Pretty silver color.

Oh wow. :(

That must be pretty inconvenient. The cleaning, at least.

Flossing is a bitch. Have to use threaders.

Very carefully.

It's also a matter of health. I had to do it, for example, for crooked teeth and because my jaws weren't aligned. If I had not done it, I would now have several problems with my teeth and jaws, besides just looking kind of dumb.

I had it easy, though. There are people who have it waaaaay worse, and they definitely don't do it just for the looks, so your opinion there is completely wrong, since it's not a matter of opinion anyway.

I had similar issue. My teeth weren't so much crooked as the upper part of my mouth was too narrow for all the permanent teeth, and I was having problems with them growing over each other, so it definitely wasn't a looks thing for me. Once it was widened, I only had to wear my braces for three years.

Edited by Aqua

Very carefully.

Aren't they so annoying, though? ;n;

I see.

I didn't really have any jaw problems, so that'd be why I wouldn't know. ._____.

But yeah, misaligned jaws must be bad. :(

Flossing is a bitch. Have to use threaders.

What are... threaders...?

I really need braces but I don't wanna have to deal with the discomfort, also my teeth are so misaligned and fucked up in many ways who knows how long I'd have to deal :(

Being asked to smile with a full grin in pictures is dreadful though, but oh well

I see.

I didn't really have any jaw problems, so that'd be why I wouldn't know. ._____.

What are... threaders...?

The... things you get to help thread your floss through the wires of your braces? Do they not have them anymore? ??

I really need braces but I don't wanna have to deal with the discomfort, also my teeth are so misaligned and fucked up in many ways who knows how long I'd have to deal :(

Being asked to smile with a full grin in pictures is dreadful though, but oh well

Honestly, it just depends on how much work. It could be 8 years, but I more commonly see four.

I actually really want braces

I could've gotten them around age 12 or 13 when my insurance would've actually covered the whole thing, but I was a brat who thought they were ugly.

So I've resolved to pay for them myself when I graduate college and get a job :V

Very. Depends how out of line it is but sometimes your jaw joints makes snapping sounds when you chew, and it can hurt quite a bit. It can also mess up your middle ears; tinnitus and "clogged ears", for example. And it affects your head/neck/shoulders. Can cause a lot of headaches, literally. Sore neck and shoulders.

And, for me, my jaw is stiff in the morning. Doesn't open easily. Don't get me going on my ears... My poor, poor ears...

The... things you get to help thread your floss through the wires of your braces? Do they not have them anymore? ??

Floss threaders are still a thing, don't mind the clueless one.

I had similar issue. My teeth weren't so much crooked as the upper part of my mouth was too narrow for all the permanent teeth, and I was having problems with them growing over each other, so it definitely wasn't a looks thing for me. Once it was widened, I only had to wear my braces for three years.

Glad you got it cleared up. It's a painful journey.

I see.

You bet your ass they are. I can't bite on tough things, I can't chew properly sometimes (especially when they get tightened), and they need so much more care so that I don't end up getting cavities and stuff. But still, patience, all in the name of beauty and health.

Don't make bold claims without thorough research, next time.

Thankfully, they're not misaligned any more. I just have a bit more treatment to go through and I'm done.

Very. Depends how out of line it is but sometimes your jaw joints makes snapping sounds when you chew, and it can hurt quite a bit. It can also mess up your middle ears; tinnitus and "clogged ears", for example. And it affects your head/neck/shoulders. Can cause a lot of headaches, literally. Sore neck and shoulders.

And, for me, my jaw is stiff in the morning. Doesn't open easily. Don't get me going on my ears... My poor, poor ears...

Floss threaders are still a thing, don't mind the clueless one.

Oh, okay.

Well, with all the time I've spend trying The Last of Us... yeah, it's certainly not for me... or maybe I just need to get the hang of it better...