• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

Bal you can only play as a girl in Trendsetters too, just fyi

I am 100% okay with this. I just needed to know in advance of setting anything permanent, which nothing seems to be permanent.

"The correct scientific term to describe when a male aggressively restrains a female in order to mate is forced copulation. Forced copulation has been observed in ducks, lizards, monkeys, fruit flies, crickets, orangutans, chimpanzees, and countless other species.

But not dolphins."

"The below video has been mislabeled as Dolphins Mating, and purportedly shows two males and one female dolphin. In fact, there are three male dolphins in this video. This group of young males is engaging in what scientists call socio-sexual behavior. This is a blanket term that describes any social behavior involving penises that does not involve a male trying to impregnate a female. Sometimes the dolphins simply rub all over each other while brandishing erections, and sometimes they actually insert their penises in each others anuses or genital slits. Unlike true mating, which usually take the form of the male swimming belly-to-belly underneath a female, socio-sexual behavior often involves the male approaching the other dolphin (male or female) from behind or the side."

Soooo, it's only rape if it's for procreation... What the fuck am I reading, I mean seriously?

The premise they argue about animals and consent aside, they're arguing from a completely stupid and untenable angle, imo.

Hearing snapping sounds on your knees is never a good thing

Um... assuming we're not talking about a simple loud pop, you might want to check that out.

Soooo, it's only rape if it's for procreation... What the fuck am I reading, I mean seriously?

The premise they argue about animals and consent aside, they're arguing from a completely stupid and untenable angle, imo.

But that's not what it says? You lost me.

I'm not sure I understand what the problem is, tbqh.

"There are a variety of reasons dolphins engage in these behaviors, ranging from establishing or maintaining social bonds and friendships, to blowing off steam, punishing rivals, or simply having a grand old time."

Punishing rivals seems hardly consensual, and aggressively brandishing your erection and inserting it into his or her anus or genital slit is something I would argue as rape. It is sexual conduct designed for the assertion of power.

Rape is not a crime of sexual reproduction. Their whole premise about making a distinction between "mating" and "socio-sexual behaviour" is flawed.

"There are a variety of reasons dolphins engage in these behaviors, ranging from establishing or maintaining social bonds and friendships, to blowing off steam, punishing rivals, or simply having a grand old time."

Punishing rivals seems hardly consensual, and aggressively brandishing your erection and inserting it into his or her anus or genital slit is something I would argue as rape. It is sexual conduct designed for the assertion of power.

Rape is not a crime of sexual reproduction. Their whole premise about making a distinction between "mating" and "socio-sexual behaviour" is flawed.

I think, though, the point of the article is that "rape" shouldn't be used to vilify animals because they're not the same as humans, and because we can't possibly know if it's truly non-consensual, however it may seem to us. If we look at it from an evolutionary standpoint, for example, it may just make sense that these behaviours were developed to further their species, and I would argue that it's not so one-sided as to only include the males. I can't remember if the female dolphins offer any resistance, either. If they don't, I'd also argue that that can be taken as a sign that it's consensual, though I may be wrong in my assumptions there. I'll agree with you on punishing rivals, though that seems hardly related to the rape issue, and more an issue of survival of the fittest.

Okay, that point I guess I can see where you're coming from.

Not trying to be an apologist, because I don't really like this sort of behaviour either (even in animals), just trying to make sense of it all.

Am I allowed to complain about the plumbing in my house being complete ass because my piece of shit uncle who owns the house doesn't want to waste any precious money on a home his own family rents from him. He never wants to pay for any of the necessary renovations needed despite the fact he makes good money and can pay for it no problem and if he does end up having to pay for anything on our house he just raises the rent we have to pay him.

goddamn it all

Am I allowed to complain about the plumbing in my house being complete ass because my piece of shit uncle who owns the house doesn't want to waste any precious money on a home his own family rents from him. He never wants to pay for any of the necessary renovations needed despite the fact he makes good money and can pay for it no problem and if he does end up having to pay for anything on our house he just raises the rent we have to pay him.

goddamn it all

Ah, the cheapskate mentality...fuck that.