• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a dodge penalty in Z3? o:

If I remember correctly, it's been a mechanic since a couple games ago. I don't know if all of them, but some do. I think the earliest game with it was A Portable...

That would've been cool. It's a bit of a shame Z3-2 didn't added more series. Then again, considering the roster size already...

Nah that's BS. The transition from Z2.2 to Z3.1 took out more than what they added.

Z3.2 is bringing back some of the mechs not present in Z3.1 but the list for Z3.2 only looks bigger because you've got more of the Votoms and FMP stuff into account.

There's a dodge penalty in Z3? o:

Yeah it's been there since Z2. Kind of ends up irrelevant lategame as you'll have mobility maxed and it'd take too many instances of attack to make the penalty seem dangerous.

All this talk is making me wanna resume Z3 but it's back home.

Edited by Sirius

Nah that's BS. The transition from Z2.2 to Z3.1 took out more than what they added.

Z3.2 is bringing back some of the mechs not present in Z3.1 but the list for Z3.2 only looks bigger because you've got more of the Votoms and FMP stuff into account.

Hmm, now I'm curious. I think I'll go and count them, not incluiding sub-divisions of course. Though later, since right now I don't have the time.

Finished Log Horizon

did it turn into a harem at the end

[spoiler=Aoi Bungaku Run, Melos rant]Heartwrenching.

I wondered why Joushima broke his promise, but reasons eh. And then I read someone's (E Minor) review who suggested that there was a relationship underlying it, but in the end Joushima didn't have the courage to defy his father and run off with his lover.

ep_139392_1.png

And why didn't either of them contact each other in those 15 years?.? Some comments suggest for dramatic reasons.

I guess also Takada was too angry and betrayed, and felt Joushima should be the one to seek him. But Joushima felt too guilty to contact Takada? also lack of courage, father, etc. (Then again it should be easier for Takada to just take a train back home, since Joush wouldn't know Takada's new address. not until years later when Joush's wife sends him a letter. since when did they know where Takada lives?)

it was so intricate and interwoven.

My first thought was Sellinuntius~Takada because they were the ones waiting for their friend, potentially betrayed. Melos almost betrayed Selli's trust when he collapsed and stopped running. Plus Melos had Joushima's face in Takada's mind.

And then eventually they switched roles and Takada~Melos ran to Joushima~Selli.

Also Jou~Selli was the one who gave a watch/pendant to the other.

But after reading E Minor's analysis, I didn't think of the whole script-writing as Takada trying to overcome his own feelings of betrayal to forgive his friend. Afterall,they were very good friends and more but it was marred by one single act of betrayal. So I didn't think about Takada having to overcome anything. Hmm but Melos being the main character of the script... well E Minor says the characters are various personifications of our main character Takada.

When Melos comes to life on his desk, and Takada tells him "do you know what it's like to make someone wait?" I thought it was Takada being critical of Joush. who was waiting though? Takada waited for Joushima to join him (and maybe apologize). But also Joushima waited for Takada to forgive him. I guess they both made each other wait.

"Is it more painful to be the one waiting, or the person making the other wait?"

I did feel that Takada felt both pains. Well, Joushima was running out of time at the end... he waited to see Takada.

and going back to script-writing being metaphorical to Takada forgiving Joush. if Takada finishes writing it and has Melos run back to his friend, then that means he forgives Joushima. hence Joushima tears of gratitude. ugh E Minor says these things better than me.

basically it was so heartwrenching yet so sweet because of the deep friendship bonds and hope and trust and forgiveness, and the anime itself was really good, so intricate, and animation was smooth too. pretty graphics, pretty Joushima. and bonus points for homo theme! :thumbsup:

And Melos reminded me of Reinhard.

I was watching this while other people were in the room, cried a little when I left the room. Now I think back,what made me cry... agh the 15 year difference. plus star-crossed lovers effect hehe. no but it was sad, plus the loneliness of Takada.his ONLY friend betrayed him. wahhh. and then the sorta happy ending.

[spoiler=Aoi Bungaku Run, Melos rant]

Heartwrenching.

>Yes ;__;

I wondered why Joushima broke his promise, but reasons eh. And then I read someone's (E Minor) review who suggested that there was a relationship underlying it, but in the end Joushima didn't have the courage to defy his father and run off with his lover.

>I kinda assumed he got complications with his health as well before leaving

http://static1.mcanime.net/kronos/images/fansubs/2308/10764/ep_139392_1.png

I knew you'd like this scene, and them holding hands at the end I assume

And why didn't either of them contact each other in those 15 years?

I guess also Takada was too angry and betrayed, and felt Joushima should be the one to seek him. But Joushima felt too guilty to contact Takada?

>I think this is correct. Takada felt betrayed and Joushima probably couldn't face Takada since he felt he had betrayed him and couldn't bring himself to face him.

(Then again it should be easier for Takada to just take a train back home, since Joush wouldn't know Takada's new address. not until years later when Joush's wife sends him a letter. since when did they know where Takada lives?)

>I thought it was weird that Takada couldn't go back, but then again, maybe he had already found a new place and sent his stuff there already

Joushima's wife said that she got his address from his publisher

My first thought was Sellinuntius~Takada because they were the ones waiting for their friend, potentially betrayed. Melos almost betrayed Selli's trust when he collapsed and stopped running. Plus Melos had Joushima's face in Takada's mind.

And then eventually they switched roles and Takada~Melos ran to Joushima~Selli.

Also Jou~Selli was the one who gave a watch/pendant to the other.

But after reading E Minor's analysis, I didn't think of the whole script-writing as Takada trying to overcome his own feelings of betrayal to forgive his friend. Afterall,they were very good friends and more but it was marred by one single act of betrayal. So I didn't think about Takada having to overcome anything. Hmm but Melos being the main character of the script... well E Minor says the characters are various personifications of our main character Takada.

When Melos comes to life on his desk, and Takada tells him "do you know what it's like to make someone wait?" I thought it was Takada being critical of Joush. who was waiting though? Takada waited for Joushima to join him (and maybe apologize). But also Joushima waited for Takada to forgive him. I guess they both made each other wait.

"Is it more painful to be the one waiting, or the person making the other wait?"

I did feel that Takada felt both pains. Well, Joushima was running out of time at the end... he waited to see Takada.

and going back to script-writing being metaphorical to Takada forgiving Joush. if Takada finishes writing it and has Melos run back to his friend, then that means he forgives Joushima. hence Joushima tears of gratitude. ugh E Minor says these things better than me.

>Yeah, they do switch roles. I didn't really put much thoughts into that to be honest. I just like how the two stories connect with each other.

basically it was so heartwrenching yet so sweet because of the deep friendship bonds and hope and trust and forgiveness, and the anime itself was really good, so intricate, and animation was smooth too. pretty graphics, pretty Joushima. and bonus points for homo theme! :thumbsup:

>Nice music too! And yeah, the animation is top notch! I really liked how the Melos scenes were set in a theater too

I was watching this while other people were in the room, cried a little when I left the room. Now I think back,what made me cry... agh the 15 year difference. plus star-crossed lovers effect hehe. no but it was sad, plus the loneliness of Takada.his ONLY friend betrayed him. wahhh. and then the sorta happy ending.

>w-what

Hey Frenchies aka Marthur, how do you pronounce the surname Gouvêa?

am I a sensei now

Where's that from?

Something like Goo-Vè-Ah maybe?

Edited by Marthur

I'm sooo sorry for some reason I thought this Gouvêa guy was French.

ohhh he's Brazilian??? OKay BR boys how do you pronounce his name? bonus points if you vocaroo it

@Marthur

[spoiler=Aoi Bungaku Run, Melos]

>Yes ;__;

;__;

>I kinda assumed he got complications with his health as well before leaving

Ah yes I forgot to think of that as a reason.

>I knew you'd like this scene, and them holding hands at the end I assume

The ending scene was not as homo as that one, but it was nice of course. I mean, reunion and Joushima breaking down into tears...

>I thought it was weird that Takada couldn't go back, but then again, maybe he had already found a new place and sent his stuff there already

Joushima's wife said that she got his address from his publisher

Hmmm maybe. Most likely too angry to want to go back!

Ohh publisher. Forgot that part. Well I did assume Takada made his name before they got any news of him.

>Yeah, they do switch roles. I didn't really put much thoughts into that to be honest. I just like how the two stories connect with each other.

Haha yeah. I like to read people's analyses to make myself sm4rt... but yeah just the interwovenness is cool! I love stuff like that.

>Nice music too! And yeah, the animation is top notch! I really liked how the Melos scenes were set in a theater too

Yep, it's like exactly how the script wouldve been played out. In fact I thought it really was, like juxtaposing the future with the current. And that those people were the actors. But it doesn't matter too much I suppose. Except near the beginning where Takada was the role of the bard-narrator?? Then later he was sat in the audience! Yelling at Jou-Selli. so it most likely was in his mind...

>w-what

w-which part

Sensei yes.

BTW you watched any other Aoi Bungakus?