FE4 THREAD

Fia

Heh, my dad is certainly looking forward for SW VII. He talked quite about it this last weekend.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

• Replies 674.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

Lmao, my Japanese teacher takes of points from my final exam if you missed too many classes during the semester.

So even if I got a 100 on the test, the best I can get is a 90. Which is still an A, but THEN HE TAKES AWAY MORE FROM THE OVERALL GRADE SEPARATELY.

So basically I get punished twice over if I miss class.

Screw this, if I get a C in this class despite getting an A for the quizzes and exams, I'm dropping Japanese, learning it myself, and testing out of my school's language requirement with Russian.

Because this teacher basically has "Do I like you?" as 30% of the class grade.

30% OF THE GRADE IS "ATTITUDE (WTF), ATTENDANCE (would be fine if he didn't take additional points off the final exam), participation (drills, okay I can get this), and oral fluency (again, wtf)."

Which means he can manipulate that 30% how he sees fit.

Yeah, no.

Edited by Fruity Insanity

Hi also thats brutal Fruity ;~;

Yeah screw my teacher.

I never did like how he teaches, anyway.

Besides, if I drop Japanese, I can spend the credits minoring in something more useful like computer science.

My biggest problem with Japanese has been not knowing vocab and kanji, anyway, so if I set aside like 30 minutes a day studying those I'll be fine.

At least, that'll be enough to get me through video games - admittedly the biggest reason why I'm taking Japanese now.

Yeah screw my teacher.

I never did like how he teaches, anyway.

Besides, if I drop Japanese, I can spend the credits minoring in something more useful like computer science.

My biggest problem with Japanese has been not knowing vocab and kanji, anyway, so if I set aside like 30 minutes a day studying those I'll be fine.

At least, that'll be enough to get me through video games - admittedly the biggest reason why I'm taking Japanese now.

I've always wanted to learn Japanese, but I have a problem with learning languages for some reason :/

I've always wanted to learn Japanese, but I have a problem with learning languages for some reason :/

Aw. :<

Japanese is similar to Korean, so I've had an easy time picking it up. At least compared to when I initially picked up Korean and Russian.

Grammar and vocab especially are similar, too, so there are things I can understand even if I've never learned them before.

Besides, anime and video games are surprisingly effective learning mediums, so I'm happy either way.

Dropping Japanese may actually be the best thing to do in my situation, lol.

I'd be kinda sad since I was just starting to learn a few things (after a whole year of learning nothing), but oh well. What can you do.

Nothing I can't teach myself.

Best I was able to teach myself was some Spanish because I lived in Arizona for quite some time and its nice to know there as a secondary language, I can't really do much else other than English ^^;

It's cool you know so many languages :0

Best I was able to teach myself was some Spanish because I lived in Arizona for quite some time and its nice to know there as a secondary language, I can't really do much else other than English ^^;

It's cool you know so many languages :0

Spanish is good to know, period, in America.

Of all other languages, at least.

Never did quite understand why people chose French over Spanish when the latter is obviously more practical.

I can only speak English fluently, lol.

I mean, I can speak in Korean and Russian, but I wouldn't call myself fluent in them, by any means.

Japanese... I'm working on.

If only I had a better teacher.

Oh wait.

I do.

I have me. Best teacher.

EDIT: As you can see, I'm very salty right now.

Edited by Fruity Insanity

Spanish is good to know, period, in America.

Of all other languages, at least.

Never did quite understand why people chose French over Spanish when the latter is obviously more practical.

I can only speak English fluently, lol.

I mean, I can speak in Korean and Russian, but I wouldn't call myself fluent in them, by any means.

Japanese... I'm working on.

If only I had a better teacher.

Oh wait.

I do.

I have me. Best teacher.

EDIT: As you can see, I'm very salty right now.

It's an understandable saltiness haha, well still having Korean and Russian skills under your belt is pretty neato regardless.

I will admit when I was a teen, French appealed to me to get some girls attention :P

It's an understandable saltiness haha, well still having Korean and Russian skills under your belt is pretty neato regardless.

I will admit when I was a teen, French appealed to me to get some girls attention :P

Yah, I should probably brush up my Russian, though.

Korean I use regularly, since my grandparents speak it, etc.

Russian... I've had no use for since two years ago.

So I've forgotten things, and it makes me kinda sad.

Lol.

I don't even have anything to say about that.

would probably learn japanese if I had a use beyond visual novels. This is actually ironic though because I pretty much decided to take mandarin "because it sounded cool" and nothing else lol. For some reason doing it just for a visual novels bothers me though.

would probably learn japanese if I had a use beyond visual novels. This is actually ironic though because I pretty much decided to take mandarin "because it sounded cool" and nothing else lol. For some reason doing it just for a visual novels bothers me though.

That is weird, how long ago was the mandarin thing?

Alternatively, you will be able to use it for more than vns when you learn it though.

started taking mandarin at the start of the school year so in early August.

Yeah but no plans to ever live in Japan (or visit currently) anyway so meh. Maybe I should just take it for the sake of, well learning a language and it would be indeed far less awkward answering people why I decided to take Japanese haha. Want to focus on Mandarin now though even if I suck at it. Proudly read a whole paragraph today in Mandarin without pinyin. Really interested in learning the traditional characters for some reason. (also there are a lot of untranslated Visual Novels translated to Mandarin actually so that's pretty cool.)

Edited by Junk