• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

So, a friend of mine got me to replay FE4 again. I was trying to come up with something fresh and decided to add some rules to it though.
- Friend chose the pairings for me, and I will only be using the selected characters (+ Sigurd / Cuan / Ethlin / Diadora) and their children.
Here's the pairing I got and her reasoning for them :
* Edin X Lex : Lester can only be Lex's kid.
* Ayra X Alec : Trying to gimp Ayra's kids, but I'm actually fine with them having Awareness.
* Lachesis X Azel : Heard this one was actually good and somewhat unique. I know Nanna will turn out alright but Delmud will probably be crap.
* Fury X Adan : She's just being really mean here.
* Sylvia X Levin : In her own words, she just wanted to give me the Holsety of Shame. But I'll gladly take it.
* Tiltyu X Finn : This ain't happening.
* Bridgit X Beowulf : No reason in particular.

- There's another catch to spice things up a little though. Every time I conquer a castle, you'll be able to vote (actually only half the time as voting will be shared between said friend and you) for one of my units to be benched there for the rest of a chapter.
So say you don't want me to use Lachesis to convince Elto, or just want to deprive me of a dancer, etc. then you can do that (some exceptions will occur but I'll make sure to tell you why).
For you guys, voting will go like this : First person picks a character. Second person picks the same or a different character. Once two different names have been dropped, subsequent votes will need to be between these 2 characters until one of them has three (2 if nobody actually cares to participate) votes.

- I will only use regular saves and try to finish chapters in a reasonable amount of time (somewhere around the 50 turn limit).

Also, I need a name for this type of run. Go think of one now.

And if someone else wants to join along and attempt something similar, go ahead. I think it could be really fun since runs will be dramatically different depending on your pairings. You could have nobody to use on the Prologue for instance! FUN!!

Edited by Marthur

Sounds fun.

Kittyyyyyyyyy. What does that book say anyway?

I think it's saying (Name of shop) Cat Store Owner and name of the cat is Brother Cream. (Sorry my Chinese is limited)

I think it's saying (Name of shop) Cat Store Owner and name of the cat is Brother Cream. (Sorry my Chinese is limited)

I just realized it was Chinese, lol... But awww, that's so cute. I want the book and the cat.

It'd be a waste to buy that book considering I can't read Chinese for the life of me.

But for the cat, at least my dad is in China! Maybe he'll stop by Hong Kong. I'll ask him when he calls me again. Seriously, lol. But Tsim Sha Tsui is kinda far from Kowloon... if my memory serves me correctly.

Huh... 20 minutes isn't that bad. Hm, maybe I was thinking wrong? I'm not sure, but I'll still have to ask my dad whenever he calls me. And smuggle the cat back to the States.

Hmm there is Kowloon Tong, and Kowloon Bay which is a bit farther. Or maybe I was mistaken.

Also, have you visited Sino Centre at Yau Ma Tei? If you have time, check it out there might be stuff that might interest you. And I hope your trip is going well and continues, sometimes I miss Hong Kong for the convenience and family.

Good luck smuggling the famous cat!

Edited by Fei Mao

Uhh... I'm not exactly sure where my parents usually stay though. Near the Victoria harbor or something maybe?

Oh no, I'm not in Hong Kong! Only my dad is in China! I miss Hong Kong too though. And I don't think I've been to that place in particular, but I think I have been to the area.

So, a friend of mine got me to replay FE4 again. I was trying to come up with something fresh and decided to add some rules to it though.

- Friend chose the pairings for me, and I will only be using the selected characters (+ Sigurd / Cuan / Ethlin / Diadora) and their children.

Here's the pairing I got and her reasoning for them :

* Edin X Lex : Lester can only be Lex's kid.

* Ayra X Alec : Trying to gimp Ayra's kids, but I'm actually fine with them having Awareness.

* Lachesis X Azel : Heard this one was actually good and somewhat unique. I know Nanna will turn out alright but Delmud will probably be crap.

* Fury X Adan : She's just being really mean here.

* Sylvia X Levin : In her own words, she just wanted to give me the Holsety of Shame. But I'll gladly take it.

* Tiltyu X Finn : This ain't happening.

* Bridgit X Beowulf : No reason in particular.

- There's another catch to spice things up a little though. Every time I conquer a castle, you'll be able to vote (actually only half the time as voting will be shared between said friend and you) for one of my units to be benched there for the rest of a chapter.

So say you don't want me to use Lachesis to convince Elto, or just want to deprive me of a dancer, etc. then you can do that (some exceptions will occur but I'll make sure to tell you why).

For you guys, voting will go like this : First person picks a character. Second person picks the same or a different character. Once two different names have been dropped, subsequent votes will need to be between these 2 characters until one of them has three (2 if nobody actually cares to participate) votes.

- I will only use regular saves and try to finish chapters in a reasonable amount of time (somewhere around the 50 turn limit).

Also, I need a name for this type of run. Go think of one now.

And if someone else wants to join along and attempt something similar, go ahead. I think it could be really fun since runs will be dramatically different depending on your pairings. You could have nobody to use on the Prologue for instance! FUN!!

i wasn't fond of lachesis x azel

i've been always meaning to do lache x claude, but i never got around to replaying fe4 for that

>Sylvia X Levin : In her own words, she just wanted to give me the Holsety of Shame. But I'll gladly take it.

your "friend" is a heathen

>Also, I need a name for this type of run. Go think of one now.

ex-friend fe4 run

Beats me.

Or perhaps I should say, "beating off?"

oh you

i wasn't fond of lachesis x azel

i've been always meaning to do lache x claude, but i never got around to replaying fe4 for that

>Sylvia X Levin : In her own words, she just wanted to give me the Holsety of Shame. But I'll gladly take it.

your "friend" is a heathen

>Also, I need a name for this type of run. Go think of one now.

ex-friend fe4 run

It's never too late

Wouldn't it be more accurate to say that she knows what she's doing?

Does this still apply if I actually told her she could be mean?

Otherwise, I suppose Dokapon Seisen is fine

shirley

post source for your avatar pls

If we had "so little respect for the fans," we'd release the game right now. It is, after all, mostly playable, with only a couple game-crashing bugs and sections still stubbornly displaying in Japanese! And only a few remote chances that you might permanently corrupt your save and have to start over.

Yeah, that is definitely part of it. Remember how with FC, we were surprised to find out that the game does *not* share its engine with Ys VI, and that wound up forcing Sara to make a whole new set of tools and face a whole new set of problems? Well, weirdly, it also turns out that FC and SC don't *entirely* share the same engine. Parts of it are obviously the same, but other parts are different enough that they're creating a lot of unexpected issues.

whee

It's never too late

Wouldn't it be more accurate to say that she knows what she's doing?

Does this still apply if I actually told her she could be mean?

Otherwise, I suppose Dokapon Seisen is fine

but database and backlog (terraria, atelier shallie, neptunia 2... someone tried to drag me into yet another mmo, but i refused)

no

masothur fe4

why dokapon

whee

but database and backlog (terraria, atelier shallie, neptunia 2... someone tried to drag me into yet another mmo, but i refused)

no

masothur fe4

why dokapon

whee

your priorities are messed up

why no

no

Dokapon Kingdom is a really infamous party game on Wii known as the friendship destroyer.

whee

your priorities are messed up

why no

no

Dokapon Kingdom is a really infamous party game on Wii known as the friendship destroyer.

suddenly my keikaku of learning japanese for sc doesn't sound so silly after all

you mean i should jump into another mmo? but--

levin x sylvia is a clear sign of downrotten morals

see: rosa aquafire

awww

i must study this

wow, sounds worse than monopoly

Edited by TravelingElder

[spoiler=Dokapon Seisen - 01]

Thankfully I start with almost everyone on the Prologue. Only Noish gets to stay there forever.
Fire%20Emblem%204%20(J)001.png

Fire%20Emblem%204%20(J)003.pngFire%20Emblem%204%20(J)004.png
Edin gets kidnapped, and I get Azel and Lex on the next turn.

Fire%20Emblem%204%20(J)005.png
Azel takes care of the bandit attacking the village and placing Lex in this specific spot actually provides a safe spot for the former. So screw the haters, because I believe FE4 actually has good level design & enemy placement in several places even if it has some shortcomings due to the large maps.

Fire%20Emblem%204%20(J)006.png
Meanwhile, Sigurd is being Sigurd and doesn't take any hit from anybody. That went on until I conquered the castle so far.

Not pictured : Cuan & co are just struggling with Sigurd's leftovers.
Sigurd also gains 2 levels with crappy stats (+2HP, +1STR, +1LUCK)

Fire%20Emblem%204%20(J)008.png
Azel gets money, and I moved Lex directly to the church without attacking here.

Fire%20Emblem%204%20(J)011.pngFire%20Emblem%204%20(J)012.png
...I guess it was a good call.

Fire%20Emblem%204%20(J)010.pngFire%20Emblem%204%20(J)015.pngFire%20Emblem%204%20(J)014.png
Several villages are being rescued.

Fire%20Emblem%204%20(J)016.png
Finn failed to do so though by missing 2 hits in a row at +80% :/
So he had to go to the nearby church and redeemed himself in the following turn.

Fire%20Emblem%204%20(J)018.png

Fire%20Emblem%204%20(J)017.png
This was a completely fair battle.

Fire%20Emblem%204%20(J)020.pngFire%20Emblem%204%20(J)021.png
Jungby is captured at turn 11!

I don't know how to make this sound entertaining.

you mean i should jump into another mmo? but--

levin x sylvia is a clear sign of downrotten morals
see: rosa aquafire

awww
i must study this

you eventually will oldman, but now is not the time

i need a reference to this

I would play it if I had friends to play it with.

Edited by Marthur