• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

Vesperia's earlygame was tough.

I needed to "overlevel" my party just because of Gattuso.

After him I could beat most of the bosses and gigantos in my first try (except for the high leveled ones like Brucis) because my team was overleveled. However most of these battles ended like so:

20151230_1021111_zpswcznqet8.jpg

He died pretty much in each second big fight and was underleved at the end (~3 levels lower than the rest).

Thankfully the PS3 version gave me Flynn, so I didn't care about Yuri.

Edited by Ayama Wirdo

Vesperia's earlygame was tough.

I needed to "overlevel" my party just because of Gattuso.

After him I could beat most of the bosses and gigantos in my first try (except for the high leveled ones like Brucis) because my team was overleveled. However most of these battles ended like so:

20151230_1021111_zpswcznqet8.jpg

He died pretty much in each second big fight and was underleved at the end (~3 levels lower than the rest).

Thankfully the PS3 version gave me Flynn, so I didn't care about Yuri.

i only felt underleveled until gattuso, and then again at the end of part 2 (when the game thought it would be funny to remove all of my healers)

personally i prefer using flynn in the back due to his speed cast area skill, if i can get yuri to tank the enemy

... which is kind of like how phantasia combat worked, i guess

i only felt underleveled until gattuso, and then again at the end of part 2 (when the game thought it would be funny to remove all of my healers)

personally i prefer using flynn in the back due to his speed cast area skill, if i can get yuri to tank the enemy

... which is kind of like how phantasia combat worked, i guess

Honestly I had issues with most earlygames in the series.

• Symphonia is very hard for me. Lloyd even died in the very first bossfight (before Kratos joins). Even in generic bossfights several people die; I had a total wipe out against the "chest" in the lava ruins. Dear god...
  • Xillia 2 has Volt as boss early how is super annoying. Chapter 7 has an incredibly big difficulty jump.
  • In Xillia 1 I couldn't beat 80% of the bosses in a higher difficulty than in easy, because...
  1. I didn't feel comfortable with the bond system.
  2. None of the units met my playstyle. I couldn't play as Milla; mainly played as Jude or Leia.
  3. I didn't figure out how to use mystic artes. Funny thing: I didn't know how to use them in Vesperia either, but Flynn activated one randomly in the final dungeon.

Only Abyss and Graces (-Emeraude) had a moderate difficulty curve. It was fair the entire time.

Also I found Duke (without third phase) the easiest boss I've faced yet in the series (tied with Lambda).

in the end, i only played jude's route in xillia - not only milla's style seemed a bit odd, but also her battle themes were much worse

... i have weird priorities of my own, i know

i've been postponing finishing vesperia for a while (doing silly sidequests, grinding skills, etc), but i should finally face duke today or tomorrow at latest

though i'll probably be overleveled so it won't be a very good indicator of his difficulty

milla's a pretty bad protagonist really so I don't blame you

and yeah xillia's battle themes are only okay but jude's are more okay

it seems we're in agreement here

i was fairly fond of jude's 3rd battle theme though

Still have to play Jude's route.

I don't know this battle theme actually. Though I guess it was played in 2 when you had the choice to fight Jude in Spirius.

Winged Duke was so fun and I found the difficulty perfect for me.

Also if someone is weird... then it's me.

battle theme 1

battle theme 2

battle theme 3

his second theme bothers me though, it feels... incomplete

ewwww flying enemies

it seems we're in agreement here

i was fairly fond of jude's 3rd battle theme though

battle theme 1

battle theme 2

battle theme 3

his second theme bothers me though, it feels... incomplete

ewwww flying enemies

Theme 3 returns in the fight I mentioned in my previous post.

I believe 1 returned too once, 2 seems to be new for me.

I also favor 3 because it reminds me a little bit on

, my favorite boss theme in the series.

I find that most of the tales series' music isn't really to my taste honestly? like, I may be shitty for thinking that but I'm just not a fan of orchestral-sounding stuff anymore

I can acknowledge it as good but just not my kind of music

Beaten the final boss in Xillia 2 in unknown and unlocked the good ending.

I never ever thought to beat a final boss in a Tales of game in a higher difficulty than in easy.

Tbf it was new game + and my units got 5x exp., so they were leveled high enough to beat him. But stil!

Good job Jules, but the thing is... Tales games, especially the recent ones, are not hard by any stretch of the term, on any difficulty.

I mean, I acknowledge you could end up in a rough spot, but I don't really think a difficult moment equates to a difficult game/mode

EDIT 2: Okay, I can kinda see it if you're still getting used to how they play, but you should be generally be fine if you aren't mashing

Edited by Soledai

I find that most of the tales series' music isn't really to my taste honestly? like, I may be shitty for thinking that but I'm just not a fan of orchestral-sounding stuff anymore

The little I've heard of Vesperia's music I like quite a bit. Zestiria had a pretty mediocre score overall, in my opinion, though Rising Up is one of the best songs I've heard in a long time.

thanks dusk you are a true friend

i know i am

*wears*

dammit flynn stay in position

i'm not overly fond of sakuraba, and i can't really say i can remember many tracks from symphonia or xillia from the top of my head, but phantasia had some nice ones

notably fighting of the spirit

now that one just gives me the chills

The little I've heard of Vesperia's music I like quite a bit. Zestiria had a pretty mediocre score overall, in my opinion, though Rising Up is one of the best songs I've heard in a long time.

vesperia's soundtrack is fine

this final dungeon battle theme is shit though

Edited by TheEnd