FE4 THREAD

Fia

Well not the individual chapters no, but the game as a whole yes. My problem with CS1 is where

[spoiler=CS1 and TitS stuff etc etc]in CS1 it really doesn't feel like Class VII is a participant in the overarching conflict/beginnings of conflict. Where in TitS it's pretty fluid like:

- Capua bandits apprehended, you + Richard get credit

- Royal army's other faction is set up with Kloe and Julia in Ch 2

- Big turnaround from the information division kidnapping the professor and you breaking him out + your party going into hiding

- Climax comes fluidly from there because it hits you that you were setup the whole time, and then the guys who set you up were set up themselves

I guess my problem is more that yes the antagonist reasons and motivations for the party are set up in CS1, but that's really it. I can understand that's a problem of CS1 + CS2 occupying the same space FC did(right?), but I think that's still a bit of a problem if FC sets it up elegantly in 30 hours while Cold Steel wants to take near double and not really perform as well.

oh yes, cs1's conflict is really slowly brewing in the background

class seven doesn't feel like a participant because, for most part, it isn't a participant

• Replies 674.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm guessing you sold them all at once then

w-what

i've been using the bone carving knife, which is only useful if you actually get bones

what

Well not the individual chapters no, but the game as a whole yes. My problem with CS1 is where

[spoiler=CS1 and TitS stuff etc etc]in CS1 it really doesn't feel like Class VII is a participant in the overarching conflict/beginnings of conflict. Where in TitS it's pretty fluid like:

- Capua bandits apprehended, you + Richard get credit

- Royal army's other faction is set up with Kloe and Julia in Ch 2

- Big turnaround from the information division kidnapping the professor and you breaking him out + your party going into hiding

- Climax comes fluidly from there because it hits you that you were setup the whole time, and then the guys who set you up were set up themselves

I guess my problem is more that yes the antagonist reasons and motivations for the party are set up in CS1, but that's really it. I can understand that's a problem of CS1 + CS2 occupying the same space FC did(right?), but I think that's still a bit of a problem if FC sets it up elegantly in 30 hours while Cold Steel wants to take near double and not really perform as well.

te summed it up well, but to add:

[spoiler=cs1 spoilers]why would they be in the thick of the conflict? they're a bunch of military students. yes, class vii was crafted by olivert in part due to his reformist ideals, but there was no way they were meant to do anything substantial until at least after graduation. there's also nothing for them to get involved in. not until the ILF went public, anyway (and even then, what exactly could they do, unless they bumped into each other again in one of their field studies?). it's only when the civil war blows up they're given the chance to do anything substantial

i'll give you that fc handled what it set out to do elegantly, and in much less time, but i don't think it's fair to compare the plot of cold steel 1 to it, since the premise for the two and what the two set out to do are different to each other

yes, the first two cold steel games were meant to be one game. the split definitely favoured 1, in my opinion, since 2 has filler for the first third of the game, even if some of it is good

Edited by Blusis

theobald stop

i'm not touching a ys game until tonton finishes persona 3

or unless i run out of things to play and i get really bored, maybe

fiiine

i'll probably try to see if i finish ass creed 3 and xanadu next when i get back home but once i'm done with that it's purseowner time

i wonder if i can do life is strange on my notebook...

Edited by Tonfaton

fiiine

i'll probably try to see if i finish ass creed 3 and xanadu next when i get back home but once i'm done with that it's purseowner time

aHiH4xs.png

that seriously made me worry my game would crash

damn goldfish

you really should get felghana and origins though

same

i, uh, listen to the music, if that's any consolation

te summed it up well, but to add:

[spoiler=cs1 spoilers]why would they be in the thick of the conflict? they're a bunch of military students. yes, class vii was crafted by olivert in part due to his reformist ideals, but there was no way they were meant to do anything substantial until at least after graduation. there's also nothing for them to get involved in. not until the ILF went public, anyway (and even then, what exactly could they do, unless they bumped into each other again in one of their field studies?). it's only when the civil war blows up they're given the chance to do anything substantial

i'll give you that fc handled what it set out to do elegantly, and in much less time, but i don't think it's fair to compare the plot of cold steel 1 to it, since the premise for the two and what the two set out to do are different to each other

yes, the first two cold steel games were meant to be one game. the split definitely favoured 1, in my opinion, since 2 has filler for the first third of the game, even if some of it is good

It's also probably easier for me to be harder on CS since I haven't finished 2 yet and 3 isn't out to wrap it all up with a nice bow, while I've played FC + SC to see where the rope lead there.

[spoiler=CS stuff]I didn't mean in the thick of conflict in-universe, I get that they had no reason to be anywhere near it until the end of CS1. I just mean that quite literally FC did more in a fraction of the time, and better, as a personal disappointment.

It's like some kind of abstract "the suffering of Rean Schwarzer," where everything looks to be going well but Rean specifically gets shit on and has a terrible time a majority of the time? Weird mood clash.

Edited by PKLucas531

It's also probably easier for me to be harder on CS since I haven't finished 2 yet and 3 isn't out to wrap it all up with a nice bow, while I've played FC + SC to see where the rope lead there.

[spoiler=CS stuff]I didn't mean in the thick of conflict in-universe, I get that they had no reason to be anywhere near it until the end of CS1. I just mean that quite literally FC did more in a fraction of the time, and better, as a personal disappointment.

It's like some kind of abstract "the suffering of Rean Schwarzer," where everything looks to be going well but Rean specifically gets shit on and has a terrible time a majority of the time? Weird mood clash.

fair enough

[spoiler=CS 1+2 stuff]ah, i see. yeah, i can agree with that

in cold steel 1? i don't recall rean suffering more than the rest of class vii. cold steel 2 i'd agree, but outside of his ogre power, rean doesn't struggle very much in cold steel 1. but my memory is known to be bad, so i might have forgotten a thing or two.

but what

i saw, and i appreciated it

that they did

ruined the primary colors thing in the process, too

but they'll be on sale again

damn it falcom rehire the old kiseki artist

Edited by Blusis

I know I don't pop in here like hardly ever, but I do know a good chunk of people in here like Falcom games, so I felt like inviting you to my Discord Server for Falcom stuff.

Its small and new, and i'm learning, but hopefully it'll be cool and nice https://discord.gg/Y8c7Cp4

hey this is a thread full of old farts what are you doing coming in here with this... millennials crapp nonsense

but uh yeah I'm not one of those falcom people so sorry I can't contribute