I decided to record the final chapter of my Pre-Promote run

Raven

In this run, I decided to use only Healers, Lords and Pre-promotes on Hector Hard Mode.

I ended up losing Dart in the Dread Isle chapter along with some other unarmed, unpromoted decoys I used in that chapter for the hordes of enemies, allowing Lyn, Eliwood, Hector and Marcus to power through and kill Uhai. That chapter was a struggle, since it was only those four who were attacking.

As you can imagine, the Lords were all quick to reach Lv20, and even though it was certain that I was going to Geitz's chapter, Dart was dead, and I couldn't do anything to recruit him. This explains both Geitz's and Wallace's absences.

I did use Hawkeye, but he got killed while helping defend the Ostian throne towards the end. I didn't see losing him as that great of a deal, since all the other pre-promotes I was using were fending for themselves alright, while Hawkeye struggled. I still managed to quite easily clear all enemies in that chapter, as well as obtaining all of the items from the chests. This explains Hawkeye's absence.

Serra... I can't remember exactly where, but she was killed through careless positioning on the map. It may have been the Fog of War (nighttime) chapter after the Dragon's Gate chapter. I decided to leave her for dead since I realised both her and Priscilla being used meant they both grew slowly, and weren't growing as fast. Priscilla was the better of the two, anyway - in level and stats.

Karel was unrecruited because I wanted Harken.

Karla was unrecruited because I never raised Bartre.

Oh, and Renault was killed on the chapter he was recruited, too. It was just him, Lyn and Jaffar up around where all those Valkyries and Falcoknights appear. Lyn and Jaffar were lucky to get out of that shitstorm alive.

But enough of my ramblings of dead and unrecruited units...

Here is a link to the stat pages of all 12 units I used in this chapter.

The video comes in 6 parts due to Youtube's 10 minute limit it places on videos. I apologize in advance for the length (over 54 minutes in total). This is because the run was unrehearsed, and I tend to take my time when making decisions.

Part 3

Part 4

Part 5

I did this run to show myself that many of the pre-promotes of FE7 are not made of fail and aids, and can be very useful when used properly. I hadn't uploaded a video to Youtube for a long time, so I thought I'd do this.

The sound wouldn't record. I don't know if I need a mic or something, but either way, I didn't get sound. So, I replaced the nothingness with 12 songs that I like from varying anime's.

So, if you have the time, give them a watch and maybe even drop a comment here or on the video's comments. Feedback and all that general stuff is always welcome.

Edited by Raven

Nice run! Didn't you slightly cheat by bringing Priscilla? XD Aw well I guess it's pretty normal.

Haha, maybe, but I did need a healer throughout the game. That's why I called this playthrough my "Lords, Lealers and Pre-Promotes Run".

That sounds like hell. XD

By the way, why didn't you use Jaffar?

Oh I did. But he had already turned Lv20 by the time I had reached the final chapter, so I didn't bother to bring him. By the end of the game, Marcus and Jaffar were the only units to reach Lv20.

According to the list of turns used, I used 31 turns during Cog of Destiny...

Edited by Raven