Best Ballistician

Who's better?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Jake vs. Beck

• Jake
    • Beck

Which Ballistician do you prefer? I like Jake more. I made this topic since before the time-warp there were topics like this but now they're gone. So is Hank Hill the creater of those topics.

Edited by luigi bros

Which Ballistician do you prefer? I like Jake more. I made this topic since before the time-warp there were topics like this but now they're gone. So is Hank Hill the creater of those topics.

i personaly use ballista online, it is a risk but personaly i think they are pretty good if used correctly, i think the best tacticain doesn't limit himself to ballista either and should make teams without them too

Beck. Jake joins a little earlier, but he doesn't do anything in the chapter he joins in, and I can't recall him being anything special in the next chapters either. Beck on the other hand comes armed with the only (?) Thunderbolt in the game in a chapter filled with enemy Ballisticians.

Other than that, I think they're fairly even.

I'll take Beck for his slightly higher stats and convenient Thunderbolt kills in his joining chapter, though with Shiida/Lena near Jake his hit becomes quite a bit more reliable

No one denied that.

Some people were making it sound like Beck is such a big help because of his Thunderbolt. Never once was it mentioned that Jake can use it.

Thunderbolt isn't Beck only. Like it's been said they can be given to Jake.

Beck makes better useage of it because his stats are higher. Jake turns out better at level 30, but by then Beck has already achieved a huge-ass lead over Jake.

Beck makes better useage of it because his stats are higher. Jake turns out better at level 30, but by then Beck has already achieved a huge-ass lead over Jake.

Forged Pachyderm>beck + jake

in other words teh ballista u use is really more important the character Imo

Forged Pachyderm>beck + jake

in other words teh ballista u use is really more important the character Imo

True but it's the characters being compared though. Again, Beck is best for single play, Jake is best for Wi-fi.

Beck starts out with the superior hit rates and it takes a while for Jake to catch up. In single play, your Ballisticians should not be leveling up by much because what they should be doing is chip damage to help your team. Example: Shoot a Mage with Flammehoist to weaken it and your Melee characters (that can't kill on the first attack) will be able to kill it without taking a heavy counter-attack. Because they're damaging enemies, they'll level up slowly and even if it gets to the point where Jake gets a slight statistic lead later, it won't make up for Beck having the better hit rates earlier.

In wi-fi, you want the best STR and hit rates for the Ballisticians after leveling them to 30. Jake has this.

True but it's the characters being compared though. Again, Beck is best for single play, Jake is best for Wi-fi.

Beck starts out with the superior hit rates and it takes a while for Jake to catch up. In single play, your Ballisticians should not be leveling up by much because what they should be doing is chip damage to help your team. Example: Shoot a Mage with Flammehoist to weaken it and your Melee characters (that can't kill on the first attack) will be able to kill it without taking a heavy counter-attack. Because they're damaging enemies, they'll level up slowly and even if it gets to the point where Jake gets a slight statistic lead later, it won't make up for Beck having the better hit rates earlier.

In wi-fi, you want the best STR and hit rates for the Ballisticians after leveling them to 30. Jake has this.

that is an excelent point i will concede