Friends Love Greil Mercs.

Really. They only use Greil Mercs or rather people that join in their chapters. Here is what I have gotten is their team...

Required

Reyson

Boyd

Nephenee

Mia

Rhys

Rolf

Shinon

Titania

Tibarn

Haar

Soren

They occasionally use Elincia, Gatrie, they have used Zihark and Pelleas like once. I have tried to get them to use people like Nolan but they say Boyd is better without even trying Nolan. What I love most is that they use two Archers because he just loves to use them both since they are so strong. I have no clue what weapons they give them though.

They use them becasue they are the "best team" and their Part 4 starting teams are mostly Greil Mercs on one team making Micaiah's path VERY hard. They like how easy Ike's chapters which is another reason they use them mostly.

Do you think this is a good way to play the game or cheap (or whatever word you want to use)?

The "best team" is a very difficult thing to quantify. However, I'd argue that if they can't beat Ashera in 2 turns, then they aren't the best team for that fight, which casts doubt on whether they are the best team overall. I guess it doesn't disprove the statement, but still. Oh, and can they beat 4-4 in 10 turns? Also, EM, NM, or HM?

He mostly does normal mode. He was the one that said they were the best team as well. Finally he is working on a hard mode play (for about a year now...)

The "best team" is a very difficult thing to quantify. However, I'd argue that if they can't beat

Ashera

in 2 turns, then they aren't the best team for that fight, which casts doubt on whether they are the best team overall. I guess it doesn't disprove the statement, but still. Oh, and can they beat 4-4 in 10 turns? Also, EM, NM, or HM?

Except, who can defeat

Ashera

in two turns? I find it basically impossible to do it with that barrier of

her's

. Even in two turns.

Edited by Little Al

Do you want units and levels and strategy? I did it with one royal (Nailah with 3 levels, one of which got +1 spd, but Tibarn could do what she did at his base level, I just like her more) and a lot of people with >= 34 speed. And took out all 3 spirits on turn 1 and 1 of the spirits on turn 2 (for fun) and still wasted a couple of units' turns (Laura warding Gareth on turn 2 out of habit and Micaiah attacking an Aura with Rexaura when it wasn't blessed). Having Lehran to heal helps a lot because I don't even have to care about nihil and parity as long as the unit will live after attacking an aura. Oh, and I used reyson, so I didn't even have vigor on turn 1. Even had a couple of units miss an attack. On HM, so lower leveled chars too, though the lowest was like level 12 to 14 or something. And Calill was magic screwed.

And whether you believe me or not, vykan has a NM 2 turn 4-E-5 on youtube. And given how he was speedrunning, a lot of his characters probably had lower stats than they would have otherwise. Of course, he had Rafiel and 5 royals, (but rafiel didn't vigor on turn 2 so that's even).

Did you have Lehran? Nihil really doesn't matter much for anyone not vigored by your heron when you can fortify and ashera staff in the same turn, and even fortify no longer matters if you can do it in 2.

One of the tricks is having Mia and Tibarn (or Nailah with +1 spd) take parity and they can kill 3 corner auras in 2 turns if they get vigored. Once the auras are gone, Ike + one other unit can kill Ashera easily (does using both red dragons and Nasir to boost offense count as easy?), but it helps if you can get Ike dragon support to prevent missing and reach 1HKO so if he doubles he just needs to hit once. And unless you can get those royals to 40 speed they are not as useful as a unit with 34 speed and canto, because it allows your dragons to help more things. A good target is killing 4 auras on the first turn then using the ashera staff to heal the units without nihil.

Edited by Narga_Rocks

Really. They only use Greil Mercs or rather people that join in their chapters. Here is what I have gotten is their team...

Required

Reyson

Boyd

Nephenee

Mia

Rhys

Rolf

Shinon

Titania

Tibarn

Haar

Soren

They occasionally use Elincia, Gatrie, they have used Zihark and Pelleas like once. I have tried to get them to use people like Nolan but they say Boyd is better without even trying Nolan. What I love most is that they use two Archers because he just loves to use them both since they are so strong. I have no clue what weapons they give them though.

They use them becasue they are the "best team" and their Part 4 starting teams are mostly Greil Mercs on one team making Micaiah's path VERY hard. They like how easy Ike's chapters which is another reason they use them mostly.

Do you think this is a good way to play the game or cheap (or whatever word you want to use)?

I hope it's not cheap, since that team looks very similar to what I used on my latest playthrough. By the way, why do you keep saying "they"? Who are "they" anyways?

Except, who can defeat

Ashera

in two turns? I find it basically impossible to do it with that barrier of

her's

. Even in two turns.

I have done that though it was a little difficult. A good use of Dragons skills, heron, and some royals do the job. Though i usually finish it in 3 turns.

Edited by Aioria

There is a youtube video where someone did it in one, but I think that just about requires those specific characters although Marcia might be able to substitute for Fiona, but it most certainly requires Rafiel.

Lol. That video involved a retarded amount of RNG abuse and SIGRUN of all people was brought to endgame. Possible, but ridiculously hard.

Also, replacing Marcia with Fiona would have resulted in less triangle attacks.

Maybe we were looking at different videos. I didn't realize there was more than one or I would've been more descriptive. The video I watched I think had no triangle attacks and used Fiona. Plus, aside from maxing stats I didn't think there was any abuse. I didn't check the hit rates though so maybe they hit with a bunch of 60%s or something, but I don't think so.

Edited by Narga_Rocks

I hope it's not cheap, since that team looks very similar to what I used on my latest playthrough. By the way, why do you keep saying "they"? Who are "they" anyways?

They are my friends. They are brothers by the names of Bryan and Shawn. And Soren and Rolf are the only characters that they need to train up really. Everyone else pretty much start out killers. But it's not that they use them its that they won't use anyone else except Zihark(once), Pelleas (once), and Elincia. I mean i like the Greil Mercs to but I wouldn't use them in EVERY playthrough. I always change a few of my people us a bit to make the game fun.

Edited by Knight of Zero

Loads of people are like that but Rolf is hard to train. XD I wouldn't be surprised if they played FE9 first.

They did bt they haven't transfered data. But Bryan thinks bringing two archers is stupid but Shawn just can't not use Rolf...