FE4 2nd Gen Tier List

General Spoon

Well, it really depends on whether we're considering the units individually or whether we're considering how the pairing affects their siblings, as well.

Holyn!Faval is better for Patty, but overall worse than, say, Dew!Faval. (But then again, Dew!Faval is overkill, anyway...)

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holyn!Faval and Dew!Faval are the better possible pairings.

I would take both above at least Hawk or Yuria..

If you really want to stick to including joke pairings like Alec!Lakche then I'd say it's a wise move to assume individual units for pairings, e.g. Claude!Lester does not get points for making Lana better.

Edited by Mekkah

If we considered the complicated sibling relationship it would make this list impossible. Just presume the father and look at the character individually.

And yeah Holyn!Faval is probably over Hawk. Dew!Faval maybe as well.

No Faval deserves to be above Hawk, imo. We have like a fraction of a chapter of more availability against 1~2 range and staves, which alone is huuuge contendness. Any other lead of Faval's involves killing things Hawk doesn't...considering Hawk has Pursuit + Continue running from 36 atk (Elspell or Lightning) and 18 AS...turns into a minimum of 39 atk after visiting some village in Ch9. And it all hits on resistance.

The only way I can see Faval's atk lead as a win is as a bosskiller, but his advantage is none too big against the upcoming bosses anyway (mostly Dark Mages, Arion, Trabant...I'd say Hawk wins against all of them). I won't elaborate on B staves, since I don't deem it necessary.

Hawk is like some version of Claude!Sety/Levin!Sety.

If you really want to stick to including joke pairings like Alec!Lakche then I'd say it's a wise move to assume individual units for pairings, e.g. Claude!Lester does not get points for making Lana better.
If we considered the complicated sibling relationship it would make this list impossible. Just presume the father and look at the character individually.

I said something to this effect in the OP.

http://fea.fewiki.net/fea.php?character=leenfin&game=4x

http://fea.fewiki.net/fea.php?character=leenalec&game=4x

Fin would pass down Pursuit and Prayer but uh... Sylvia already it has it. Alec would pass down Pursuit and Nihil and her growths are just -10% Lck and 2 base luck. If she gets Fin as the father, we're leaving the guy stuck with an Iron Lance to begin with.

I dunno Alec!Leen is better but they're too close and the tier gap doesn't reflect that. I'd personally take an additional skill, Swords inheritance and not forcing Fin to fight with an Iron Lance over some Lck.

How does weapon inheritance work again? If the kid's weapon rank isn't high enough to use a sword, then they don't get it even if it's passed down, or if you place something that the parent can't use but the kid will be able to, can they use it? And are weapon ranks actually affected by the parent's? Serenes doesn't list any of this.

How does weapon inheritance work again? If the kid's weapon rank isn't high enough to use a sword, then they don't get it even if it's passed down

Correct. Exception is holy weapons, which are always passed down.

or if you place something that the parent can't use but the kid will be able to, can they use it?

Yes. Think enemy weapon/staff drops.

And are weapon ranks actually affected by the parent's? Serenes doesn't list any of this.

Besides holy blood inheritance, not at all.

How does weapon inheritance work again? If the kid's weapon rank isn't high enough to use a sword, then they don't get it even if it's passed down, or if you place something that the parent can't use but the kid will be able to, can they use it?

If the kid can't use it, the parent can't pass it down. The only exception to this rule of which I'm aware of is Corple with Holsety. I Made a mistake, Alec can't pass down Swords to Leen, I'm thinking of Patty >_>. I don't know about the 2nd question though.

And are weapon ranks actually affected by the parent's? Serenes doesn't list any of this.

Holy Blood. If you pass down holy blood of a Sword type to say... patty or Leen, they'll get a B rank as opposed to C. Delmud would start with B normally but Hezul Blood fixes this and makes him capable of using A for example.

The only exception to this rule of which I'm aware of is Corple with Holsety.

I'm pretty sure holy weapons always appear in the inventory of the kids even if they can't use it (though it's likely they made it like this just for Corple).

I'm pretty sure holy weapons always appear in the inventory of the kids even if they can't use it (though it's likely they made it like this just for Corple).

I wanted to post a totally awesome screenshot of Levin!Skasaha or Levin!Patty with Holsety in their inventory to show you up, but it turns out they don't get it after all. Sad.

Maybe next time I'll make Patty a Sage and see if that does it.

So what, nobody has any opinions on the lesser Favals dropping to lower mid?

No objections on !Favals like Claude! or Azel!, for example.

So what, nobody has any opinions on the lesser Favals dropping to lower mid?

I'm guessing they're still trying to figure out where to put 'em. (I know I sure am.) I got no objections on Favals with Claude or Azel as the father. But here's what I'm wondering, what about a Faval like Noce!Faval? I know it probably would be benefiting Faval more, but I don't think that being able to crit enemies without a killer bow would be anything to sneeze at. What do you guys think?

Edited by Little Al

Bowfighters don't have pursuit as a class skill, right? Then Faval would essentially be shit until he promotes. I could actually see non-pursuit pairings like Noish!Faval and Arden! Faval in, like, low.

Bowfighters don't have pursuit as a class skill, right? Then Faval would essentially be shit until he promotes. I could actually see non-pursuit pairings like Noish!Faval and Arden! Faval in, like, low.

They do actually. No matter what pairing you give him, he'll have Pursuit. It's basically why Holyn Faval doesn't suck.

Actually they do. Faval really doesn't have to wait until promotion. And going by averages, both Noce!Faval and Arden!Faval are pretty good, but I just don't have a clear idea where they would be on the tier list.

EDIT: Beaten

Edited by Little Al

Well, I guess Noish!Faval would be the 4th or 5th better pairing. Lex!Faval could work, with Elite and all. Jamka!Faval would be tanky, but I dunno about the skillset and all.

Ohwell, they have Pursuit.

Edited by Smooth Criminal

Should the Leens really be so close to Laylea?

Even though the Leens aren't that much of good fighters, and even though they don't have the charisma skill, they still have dancer utility. So I don't really see why they shouldn't be close to Laylea.

Edited by Little Al

Even though the Leens aren't that much of good fighters, and even though they don't have the charisma skill, they still have dancer utility. So I don't really see why not.

Laylea gets a better sword as well, so yeah.