Thoughts on the Game/Rating

Reclass can't really be a negative because no one forces you to use it.

Well, yes, but when it's the only thing this game really brings to the table, I'm just left with a subpar remake of what was, quite frankly, a terrible game.

• 1 month later...

Bah. This accursed game. I MUST give it a 3/10 when compared to most other Fire Emblems

A) The characters have the most terrible growth rates I've seen in Fire Emblem. It's pretty sad when your highest growth rate is 40%. *points at Bantu* I thought Arden from Fire Emblem 4 had bad rates O_o

B) Blah storyline. Someone kills Daddy, goes to save country, recruit friends, get pwecious sword, kill evil big dragon, save country.

C) There's too many units. 7 cavaliers by chapter...What is it? 5? How many of those are you going to use? 1, MAYBE 2.

D) The evasion rate is crap. Nabarl had 18 speed, 8 luck; somehow his evasion was like 28. That would mean the evasion calculation is like...(Weapon weight - speed)2 + luck.

Finally) You get roughly 50 characters. What? Why? You're only going to be sticking to about 7-10 of those 50 or so characters. The others just earn the class demotion Bench Warmer.

The game did have good music though...At certain points. At other points, I turned my music off and popped in my Genealogy of the Holy War arranged cd and played that =\

A) The characters have the most terrible growth rates I've seen in Fire Emblem. It's pretty sad when your highest growth rate is 40%. *points at Bantu* I thought Arden from Fire Emblem 4 had bad rates O_o
This is the first localized FE with growth rates that aren't abnormally high.

I am freaking sick and tired of people complaining about the growth rates in this game.

C) There's too many units. 7 cavaliers by chapter...What is it? 5? How many of those are you going to use? 1, MAYBE 2.

Three or four depending on the mode. Abel, Kain, Frey, and Hardin. Yes, Hardin is great.
D) The evasion rate is crap. Nabarl had 18 speed, 8 luck; somehow his evasion was like 28. That would mean the evasion calculation is like...(Weapon weight - speed)2 + luck.
Enemy density is too low to warrant dodge hax. FE3 was balanced around 1 RN and having to use unit formations. Same thing here.

This is not FE7. This is not FE9.

Edited by Rody

B) Blah storyline. Someone kills Daddy, goes to save country, recruit friends, get pwecious sword, kill evil big dragon, save country.

Same applies to 6, 7, 8, and 9. ._.

Finally) You get roughly 50 characters. What? Why? You're only going to be sticking to about 7-10 of those 50 or so characters. The others just earn the class demotion Bench Warmer.

So, you want a game with, like, 10 characters and no choice in who they are.

Huh. Sounds like a pretty huge step back to me.

Edited by Ninji

So, you want a game with, like, 10 characters and no choice in who they are.

Huh. Sounds like a pretty huge step back to me.

They'd porbably have a backstory of some sort. These..."people" (if you could call them that. Most people tell us about themselves in a short description though.) are just sprites with pictures with no real backstory. Who's Abel? A cavalier of Marth's country. Woo! Boy! That backstory just BLEW ME AWAY.

In 6, 7, 8; cursor over name; hit R button tells us who they are, what they do. Ross longs to be a warrior, like his father. See, backstory. tells us SOMETHING about who Ross is. Do these characters? NO. There's about a handful of the 50 that actually tell us something useful about their past.

This is the first localized FE with growth rates that aren't abnormally high.

I am freaking sick and tired of people complaining about the growth rates in this game.

When you get a unit to level 20 and their highest stat out of strength, skill, speed, luck, defense, and resist is 12 and that belongs to strength, there's a problem.

Abnormally high? Each unit was balanced. Overpowered is Sedgar and Wolf who have INSANE growth rates. I'll choose...4 random characters: Guy, Oujay, Lute and Oswin and compare them to units in FEDS of the same class

Guy vs. Narbarl

Guy: Hp 75, Strength 30, Skill 50, Speed 70, Luck 45, Defense 15, Resistance 25

Narbarl: Hp 90, Strength 30, Skill 40, Speed 50, Luck 40, Defense 10, Resist 0

Basically the same. Narbarl gets higher hp; guy gets slightly higher skill and speed. Can't count resistance because OOPS, only like 7 meleers have a resistance growth and it's piss poor at that. lol2% anyone?

Oujay: Hp 85, Strength 40, Skill 30, Speed 45, Luck 55, Defense 20, Resist 15

Ogma: Hp 90, Strength 40, Skill 40, Speed 30, Luck 40, Defense 20, Resist 0

Again, basically the same. Oujay gets slightly higher skill and speed, Ogma gets slightly higher hp and skill.

Lute: Hp 45, Magic 65, Skill 30, Speed 45, Luck 45, Defense 15, Resist 40

Merric (mage): Hp 60, Magic 40, Skill 50, Speed 40, Luck 45, Defense 5, Resist 20

Lute gets higher magic and resist (which EVERY mage should have), Merric gets higher hp and skill.

Oswin: Hp 90, Strength 40, Skill 30, Speed 30, Luck 35, Defense 55, Resist 30

Roger: Hp 70, Strength 50, Skill 30, Speed 10, Luck 80, Defense 30, Resist 0

Roger will get more strength and DEFINITELY more luck; Oswin gets more hp, speed and defense. I can't count resistance for the meleers because, well. Next to none HAVE a resistance growth.

Oswin = Knight. Knight = tank. Tank = high hp and defense.

Those aren't "abnormally high." They're better balanced to offset Wallace and his shit growths.

Edited by p00nage 4

When you get a unit to level 20 and their highest stat out of strength, skill, speed, luck, defense, and resist is 12 and that belongs to strength, there's a problem.

A: THis is untrue for a lot of units.

B: This is a rather ridiclious generalization. It's not a problem if the stat scale doesn't require you to have uber FE10 growth rates.

What the fizzeck unit is this? Did you happen to train Roshe?
Guy vs. Navarre
Guy is one of the balanced characters in FE7 out of several that are not, so I'll ignore this.
Lute: Hp 45, Magic 65, Skill 30, Speed 45, Luck 45, Defense 15, Resist 40

Merric (mage): Hp 60, Magic 40, Skill 50, Speed 40, Luck 45, Defense 5, Resist 20

Lute gets higher magic and resist (which EVERY mage should have), Merric gets higher hp and skill.

A comparison to FE8's growth rates? Really?
Oswin: Hp 90, Strength 40, Skill 30, Speed 30, Luck 35, Defense 55, Resist 30

Roger: Hp 70, Strength 50, Skill 30, Speed 10, Luck 80, Defense 30, Resist 0

Roger will get more strength and DEFINITELY more luck; Oswin gets more hp, speed and defense. I can't count resistance for the meleers because, well. Next to none HAVE a resistance growth.

Oswin = Knight. Knight = tank. Tank = high hp and defense.

No character should have 55% Defense growth with high base, ever. Defense is the most broken stat when at its highest. In FEDS, it's even worse because the game simply wasn't meant for a single character to tank entire maps.