Wi-Fi Battles: "What is 'cheap'?"

Yeah, Braves are the way to go. If it's really a big deal you could always use both; that's what I did on my first team.

Maps 4 and 6 are my favorites. Map 5 seems a bit too big, 1 and 2 are too small. Map 3 is the only one that truly annoys me.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, Braves are the way to go. If it's really a big deal you could always use both; that's what I did on my first team.

Maps 4 and 6 are my favorites. Map 5 seems a bit too big, 1 and 2 are too small. Map 3 is the only one that truly annoys me.

Play me on map 6 Sylvan, you can set rules/conditions.

Play me on map 6 Sylvan, you can set rules/conditions.

Gladly. But I can safely say this, going first in map 6 does not give you an instant kill, or unbeatable advantage. As it might on map 3 or 2. Those are *circumstantially* the only two unbalanced maps in my opinion. Even then, it is possible to argue that map 3 is actually not as broken as people think it is.

Gladly. But I can safely say this, going first in map 6 does not give you an instant kill, or unbeatable advantage. As it might on map 3 or 2. Those are *circumstantially* the only two unbalanced maps in my opinion. Even then, it is possible to argue that map 3 is actually not as broken as people think it is.

I have some spare time within the next 1/2 hr. I will automatically host a game, join when you can.

Ever notice that without Braves, most people would suck? Like, really? My Cavalcade has Palla with maxed everything, except MAG at 1 and RES at 18. All my units are naturally stronger but I didn't have access to WiFi when I made the team. Sometimes I think braves are cheap because it's a no-brainer that if you can hit me twice or 4 times when I can only hit you once, that you'll win. I think that's a slightly unfair advantage.

Now you're complaining Brave weapons are cheap? lololol

It's not an unfair advantage; they are available in the same quantities to each player. If your game didn't have a Wi-Fi shop at all, then I could understand.

Ever notice that without Braves, most people would suck? Like, really? My Cavalcade has Palla with maxed everything, except MAG at 1 and RES at 18. All my units are naturally stronger but I didn't have access to WiFi when I made the team. Sometimes I think braves are cheap because it's a no-brainer that if you can hit me twice or 4 times when I can only hit you once, that you'll win. I think that's a slightly unfair advantage.

This isn't true. I've played with my DivineCrusade team, and I have a very good win rate, about 90% but they have no forged weapons, let alone brave weapons. I've played people that have had forged weapons, and even a few braves, yet still won quite well. Strategy is much more important than weapons. Braves aren't cheap.

Brave weapons aren't cheap, lol. They are the most expensive weapons to buy and forge.

As far as I know, anything that should really be considered cheap would be the player going first blocking the entrances for the second player on Map 3. But then again, most players would be more focused on reaching the castle first than taking out the opponent's units before. Add to the fact that the player who does that does not know what to expect when they do that. Could be a stronger team or a hax team lurking in the shadows...

• 2 weeks later...

Also, it all depends on who you are playing with. Some people may think an RNG abused team is cheap because they don't play that way. Some people may think braves are cheap because they don't have access to wifi. So nothing really is cheap unless you establish rules in the beginning such as no braves etc.

Also, it all depends on who you are playing with. Some people may think an RNG abused team is cheap because they don't play that way. Some people may think braves are cheap because they don't have access to wifi. So nothing really is cheap unless you establish rules in the beginning such as no braves etc.

If they didn't have access to wifi, then why would it matter?

• 2 weeks later...

IMO Forged weapons are OP. They give you a ridiculous advantage over somebody who doesn't have them.

Like me. So I've gotten my ass beat a hundred times now.

How can it be unfair when anyone can forge their own weapons? Without forges, you'll have trouble taking down those 30 Def Paladins. Though I wish that they would remove Hit and Critical, these two forgeable stats make brave weapons even more uber.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I am a fairly new FE gamer (have beaten all of the FE games I've played, but I don't consider myself an expert), so this may sound nooby or even dumb to some who are more experienced.

Most cheap things have been considered. The only thing I'd consider cheap would be a team of sages with fored Thorons,RNG abuse and Umbra (my personal favorite card, as it promotes ambush over attack, something I pracatice maybe a little too willingly...). The main reasons I consider this team cheap is because the only way you can get an effective mage killer is either by RNG abuse yourself, or hacking (effective mage killers having high movement range, strength, and resistance). Umbra also adds another element, virtually eliminating ranged play. While that may seem bad for the sages, on my relatively nooby main online team, my sage (Lena, due to convienience) has scored 42+ on most enemies. That's a one turn or even one hit kill for most. Now imagine there where 5 of them that could do that... A modification to that would be a Falco or Draco with Iotes Shield and RNG abuse for high def. as a scout.

This is just a personal opinion due to some very annoying matches I've played where Lena literally was my only ace in the hole, allowing me to win, as how this game skimps on resistance for non Curates/Bishops (Lena start as Bishop to max resistance, then Sage to max mag works well for me).

Edited by Restricted

In my experience, Umbra eliminates direct combat, not ranged. Melee units have a very hard time attacking because squares adjacent to enemy units will likely be covered in fog; they have to risk forfeiture of their attacking phase if an enemy happens to occupy the square they intended to attack from.

Mages are far too slow to be effective killers. They will never double anything (except Generals which you will never see) with max speed, and can never OHKO a unit with max HP without getting a critical hit. Horsemen, Snipers, and Swordmasters will ORKO them back, again, not dying unless your Sage lands a crit (easily prevented by Dazzle).

By the way, you can only get 1 forgeable Thoron, the other Sages would have to settle for Bolganone.

In my experience, Umbra eliminates direct combat, not ranged. Melee units have a very hard time attacking because squares adjacent to enemy units will likely be covered in fog; they have to risk forfeiture of their attacking phase if an enemy happens to occupy the square they intended to attack from.

Mages are far too slow to be effective killers. They will never double anything (except Generals which you will never see) with max speed, and can never OHKO a unit with max HP without getting a critical hit. Horsemen, Snipers, and Swordmasters will ORKO them back, again, not dying unless your Sage lands a crit (easily prevented by Dazzle).

By the way, you can only get 1 forgeable Thoron, the other Sages would have to settle for Bolganone.

You haven't seen me use Umbra... Amubsh style play, every time :D

Anyways, that's a valid point. Meh. I suppose I was just mad because I got destroyed by a team of all generals earlier and my mage/healer was the only one who could do any damage. Frigging maxed out defence... Totally destroyed ambush. Of course, I took off Umbra for Generosity on that one :/