Question about the Christian God

Kedyns Crow

Yes, God is very benevolent that way. He loves us so much we get to suffer in hell for all eternity if we don't believe in him (or just die entirely, dunno which branch you subscribe to, although I notice you do claim that faith>works everytime)!

It makes pefrect sense: those who are Damned were meant to be Damnd. In GODS wisdom did he sort men into the Saved and Damned at the moment of creation. All is as ordained--It's the LORDS way.

Edited by Le Communard

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It makes pefrect sense: those who are Damned were meant to be Damnd. IN GODS wisdom did he sort men into the Saved and Damned at the moment of creation. All is as ordained--It's the LORDS way.

He knew it all along too, he knew the scumbags who didn't believe in him would be scumbags, so he said FUCK'EM ALL! What a clever bloke.

Edited by ZXValaRevan

He knew it all along too, he knew the scumbags who didn't believe in him would be scumbags, so he said FUCK'EM ALL! What a clever bloke.

He kept them in only to tempt the Saved, of course.

He kept them in only to tempt the Saved, of course.

if he meant them to tempt the Saved, then are the Saved really Saved?

well, if i were a powerful omnipotent god, and i divided people by being Saved and being Damned, why would I keep the Damned alive to tempt the Saved, if the Saved are Saved anyways and no amount of tempting will make the Saved Damned?

or am i missing something?

:o:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O

Edited by Hello Vader

well, if i were a powerful omnipotent god, and i divided people by being Saved and being Damned, why would I keep the Damned alive to tempt the Saved, if the Saved are Saved anyways and no amount of tempting will make the Saved Damned?

Because he's God and us mere mortals cannot come close to understanding His Divine will.

Well the Saved need a way to prove they're really saved, so the LORD devised Earth as a kind of, well, test for them...

...you know, screw it, that God guy is just one sick Son of a Bitch. DARN YOU GOD AND YOUR MEDDLING WAYS! DARN YOU TO HECK!

i knew it, but i decided to play along!

Thats the point. It's where all the fun is!

Edited by Le Communard

dear me, i forgot about that

Well the Saved need a way to prove they're really saved, so the LORD devised Earth as a kind of, well, test for them...

...you know, screw it, that God guy is just one sick Son of a Bitch. DARN YOU GOD AND YOUR MEDDLING WAYS! DARN YOU TO HECK!

what do i win?

:o

Edited by Hello Vader

Every person has the potential to be saved. If he did such things like you suggest, sending Jesus to die for our sins would be pointless. Once you're saved, you can never lose that salvation. We will still sin, yes, since we are still in human flesh. However, by His Grace, that sin will not get you to Hell. Jesus died for all sinners, so every person has the choice on their fate when they die. If he separated the lost from the saved, we'd all die the instant we gain a conscience. So that is why God keeps the lost alive.

Actually, yes, it considers homosexuality a sin, but God hates only sin, not the sinner. We all sin, yet God gave his only begotten Son to save us from suffering from it. If he hated us for sinning, he would have not done that.

Malachi 1:2-3 "I have loved you," says the LORD. "But you ask, 'How have you loved us?' "Was not Esau Jacob's brother?" the LORD says. "Yet I have loved Jacob, but Esau I have hated, and I have turned his mountains into a wasteland and left his inheritance to the desert jackals."

He definitely hated people, whether or not he hated sin.

Edited by Esau of Isaac

Every person has the potential to be saved. If he did such things like you suggest, sending Jesus to die for our sins would be pointless. Once you're saved, you can never lose that salvation. We will still sin, yes, since we are still in human flesh. However, by His Grace, that sin will not get you to Hell. Jesus died for all sinners, so every person has the choice on their fate when they die. If he separated the lost from the saved, we'd all die the instant we gain a conscience. So that is why God keeps the lost alive.

Why would God make it so that the only way for his believers' sins to be forgiven would be through the brutal torture and execution of his son? According to the Christians, God created heaven, so he also created the rules in getting into heaven. If he truly loved all of his creations he wouldn't spend extra time devising ways to prevent them from reaching heaven.

Why would God make it so that the only way for his believers' sins to be forgiven would be through the brutal torture and execution of his son?

Because it makes a damn good story. And thats the truth. It gets a little preachy at points, but boy does the New Testament have a good yarn.

Edited by Le Communard

God saves his people

Interpretation A: God saves those created in his image

Interpretation B: God saves only those who pledge themselves in his footsteps

DIVERGENCE BEGINS

I DISAGREE WITH YOUR VERBIAGE! THIS CALLS FOR A SCHISM!

Why would God make it so that the only way for his believers' sins to be forgiven would be through the brutal torture and execution of his son? According to the Christians, God created heaven, so he also created the rules in getting into heaven. If he truly loved all of his creations he wouldn't spend extra time devising ways to prevent them from reaching heaven.

It was to pay our sin debt. Before hand, sin was forgiven by blood sacrifices, think of Jesus as the ultimate sacrifice, since that is what he was. By our own works, there would have been no way to make it to Heaven. By this, God made time to help us reach Heaven, not to prevent us. All that is needed to accept Jesus as your personal savior. Think of this way: Heaven is eternal life, and Hell is eternal separation. By rejecting Christ, it's like saying "I don't accept You", therefore his response is, "Ok then, you probably won't care then if you are separated from eternal life for eternity once you die". Sounds pretty unfair from a human perspective, but what's God's fair and our fair is completely different. He gave all of us the perfect opportunity to be saved from eternal separation, but whether accept it or not is all up to us.

It was to pay our sin debt. Before hand, sin was forgiven by blood sacrifices, think of Jesus as the ultimate sacrifice, since that is what he was. By our own works, there would have been no way to make it to Heaven. By this, God made time to help us reach Heaven, not to prevent us. All that is needed to accept Jesus as your personal savior. Think of this way: Heaven is eternal life, and Hell is eternal separation. By rejecting Christ, it's like saying "I don't accept You", therefore his response is, "Ok then, you probably won't care then if you are separated from eternal life for eternity once you die". Sounds pretty unfair from a human perspective, but what's God's fair and our fair is completely different. He gave all of us the perfect opportunity to be saved from eternal separation, but whether accept it or not is all up to us.

By making it possible for people to be denied eternal life, God was preventing people from entering heaven. It doesn't matter how you word it, God decided when he created the Heavens and the Earth back in Genesis that he was going to send some of his creations to eternal hell, and some to eternal bliss.

By making it possible for people to be denied eternal life, God was preventing people from entering heaven. It doesn't matter how you word it, God decided when he created the Heavens and the Earth back in Genesis that he was going to send some of his creations to eternal hell, and some to eternal bliss.

And it is all a matter of the creations' choice. Yes, God could have easily made us mindless robots with no decision making abilities, but he wanted us to have actual life.

And it is all a matter of the creations' choice. Yes, God could have easily made us mindless robots with no decision making abilities, but he wanted us to have actual life.

Except he knows what we're going to do, so really we don't have any free will.

Also, God could have just been like "Hey, everyone gets into heaven, life is just for the fun of it bro"

Not necessarily--if God was only Omniscient and not Omnipotent that wouldn't be so.

Well, in that case, we wouldn't really have "free will" as such, because, again, he knows what we're going to do, thus we are GOING to do that. Essentially it makes everything pre-ordained. But yeah, the omnipotence thing makes it so that he knows and determines exactly what we're going to do.

Well, in that case, we wouldn't really have "free will" as such, because, again, he knows what we're going to do, thus we are GOING to do that. Essentially it makes everything pre-ordained. But yeah, the omnipotence thing makes it so that he knows and determines exactly what we're going to do.

No, if she were omniscient, as in "all seeing", she would only know what we think we're going to do, not necessarily what will happen.

Edited by Le Communard