I'm playing FE1

luigi bros

I'm having a problem. When I enter the Vendor in Chapter 10 it only shows random sprites and when I leave the game either does wierd thing with the cursor or freezes. I tried warping to finish the Chapter but the game froze after I picked my units. What should I do?

I'm having a problem. When I enter the Vendor in Chapter 10 it only shows random sprites and when I leave the game either does wierd thing with the cursor or freezes. I tried warping to finish the Chapter but the game froze after I picked my units. What should I do?

Remove the patch?

Oh well. I wasn't totally enjoying it anyway and I was forcing myself to do it because most FE games start to pick up but this one wasn't. Now I have an excuse to quit playing.

Sheeda-She will perform like FE3.

Cain-Use.

Abel-Use.

Gordin-He will pretty much be a terrible unit until he promotes. It's probably best that you promote him at around LV10-13, because he won't really gain more than 2 stats per level gain as his stat gains are gimped in his first class and that you cannot send him in the arena, because he gets killed in every bet in it and that the arenas have no exit in this game.

Riff-He is someone to use as he is the only one aside from Ellis to grow any HP.

Oguma-Use.

Barts-Use.

Kashim-Use. He cannot promote, but his Str will make him probably best out of most of the bow users.

Julian-Use. Give him the Manual...so that he can be able to use Kill Swords. Take note that Thieves do not grow any weapon LV in this game.

Rena-Use. She is the only one who can use the Hammerine Staff.

Navarre-Use.

Mariach-Use.

Hardin-Use. But he gets terrible for awhile in Speed.

Wendel-Use. He also is the only good Priest that you will get until Chapter 19.

Banutu-He only will be useful in the Prot city Warren chapter and the chapter before that, but that's it!

Raddy-Use. He might have some Str issues though.

Roger-Use. No promote, but much better durability and Speed than Doga.

Minerva-Use. She can use high class weapons right off the bat and will be your only Dragonknight until Chapter 19.

Linda-Use.

Midia-Use. She probably is the second best Pallie in the game. No need of promotion item, good growths, and will especially will be helpful in the Starlord Marth Chapter. (Chapter 17)

Katua-Use.

Palla-Use. But has luck growing issues though. Give her a Goddess statue to fix the problem.

Alan/Samson-Use.

Chiki-Crap without Power Ring whoring.

Lawrence-Simply put...one of the best characters in the game period, and is the only General that you will get.

Aww...too bad. Well, hope that you play it again sometime.

Edited by Ursula

I'm guessing that you were using the patch that utilized double-height text, KingMike's work. It was unfinished, and even knowing that it was still used by someone else. At least I would think, considering that it was outwardly stated that vendors and supplies were completely fucked over.

If you want to revert the changes, download an original ROM, and create a patch. Make the unmodified ROM the patched one, and the modified the original, and you'll have a negation patch. Better yet, just replace the ROM with an unaltered one.

If you want to revert the changes, download an original ROM, and create a patch. Make the unmodified ROM the patched one, and the modified the original, and you'll have a negation patch. Better yet, just replace the ROM with an unaltered one.

Thanks but I don't know how to do that. I also am a little glad that this happened because I wasn't enjoying it and now I have an excuse to give it up.

I should think that not enjoying it would have been enough of an excuse. =\

I wanted to be able to say I've played every FE game. But I didn't like Gaiden either so I guess I won't be able to say that. I guess that is a reasonable excuse.

And some of us absolutely adore it and can't wait for a remake :/

This. Oh god.

It has its fans, but everywhere I look where there's FE fans it gets so much hate. It makes me sad.

Most of it is new players that don't like NES/Famicom games. Some are fans that don't like older style games. Some fans don't like what they didn't start with (naturally Gaiden isn't like any of the later games). Some fans don't like it because it's "not Fire Emblem" (el-oh-el).

Intelligent Systems needs leak some images to a magazine quick :(

And some of us absolutely adore it and can't wait for a remake :/
This. Oh god.

It has its fans, but everywhere I look where there's FE fans it gets so much hate. It makes me sad.

Both of you took the words right out of my mouth. All I can add is that improved user interface would go a long way for Gaiden.

Actually, personally I see Gaiden as the only game in the series that could actually receive a substantial overhaul in virtually all departments. The map design is atrocious, though not as bad as the original. Each map can be redone in so many different ways, yet there's a base design still relative enough to follow through. Characters could be developed far more than the basic meet-and-greet (still better than the original though~). More weapons could be added, yet still it should retain the unlimited uses. More areas to explore, as well as more maps. Perhaps even introduce the concept of side quests, as it really is possible with Gaiden to do so, considering the game is far more non-linear than its family.

Gaiden is an idea that could be finished, in my opinion.

• 1 year later...

Wow, I've heard so many awful things about this game! A quick question - just how much does enemy luck vary by? I've never played, but I am interested in the starting luck of characters that start out as enemies - even though luck seems useless in this game! :huh: