Moulder vs. Natasha

Well, here's the deal:

I'm starting a new playthrough on this game and I really have never used Moulder before, but scanning the threads in the rest of the board have told me that he is decent enough to use...I think I read something about him being a good sage with good CON and DEF?

The point is, I have no idea which character to use and since these starting chapters are a pain with their utter lack of slots for characters in each chapter, I can't bring both. I am banking on using Moulder simply because he is at a higher level right now, but I have always used Natasha.

What is your personal opinion?

Thanks. :Natasha:

P.S. How good is Colm?

Well, I like Natasha better, but Moulder is the better character. It also depends on who else you're using for supports. Are you using Vanessa/Colm/Gilliam? Go with Moulder. Are you using Joshua/Cormag/Seth/Franz? Go with Natasha.

Moulder's always been better for me, although honestly, I've never gotten much more out of them than other units.

As for Colm, I'd say he's very good, as far as thieves go. He actually has enough offense and durability to hold his own on the battlefield while still having thief utility. Using him is probably easier than not, especially if you're willing to Tower him up to a decent level.

Edited by Slize

I always go with Natasha, sure, Moulder has a higher CON meaning that not even Elfire would slow him down as a Sage, as a Bishop he would be able to carry heavy tomes like Divine with a slight slow-down, Natasha on the other hand is usually around the same speed or slightly faster, she has more magic and her luck makes up for her speed loss when carrying light tomes, Natasha is much better, sure, Moulder has defense but crap for resistance, if you choose either just make sure to make them Bishops, that class is really useful do to a whole bunch of monters later on.

If you wanna know, Colm is very useful, if you ever plan on promoting him go for Assasin, he's more of a fighting unit, his Str growth is built for it, he will have good Avo too, if you want an utility unit either steal a lockpick before he promotes or use Rennac(stealing).

Edited by soul1112

I always go with Natasha, sure, Moulder has a higher CON meaning that not even Elfire would slow him down as a Sage, as a Bishop he would be able to carry heavy tomes like Divine with a slight slow-down, Natasha on the other hand is usually around the same speed or slightly faster, she has more magic and her luck makes up for her speed loss when carrying light tomes, Natasha is much better, sure, Moulder has defense but crap for resistance, if you choose either just make sure to make them Bishops, that class is really useful do to a whole bunch of monters later on.

If you wanna know, Colm is very useful, if you ever plan on promoting him go for Assasin, he's more of a fighting unit, his Str growth is built for it, he will have good Avo too, if you want an utility unit either steal a lockpick before he promotes or use Rennac(stealing).

I think you're being a little deceptive here bro. Moulder will, according to averages, always have a .2 Speed lead on Natasha, barring Promotion bonuses. Natasha has a higher magic growth, but a lower base, and at level 20/20 (assuming you even get there), she'll only really have like 4 magic on him anyway (if they both go Bishop). She does destroy him in Luck, but it's not super important, especially when Moulder's very accurate anyway and has nice Con and Speed. As for Res, Natasha has more, but saying Moulder has crap for Res is pretty inaccurate, since it's waaaaaaaaay better than what most non Magic classes have.

So yeah, I suggest Moulder, especially if you've never used him before. Plus, he has potentially amazing support options. Vannessa A/Colm B gives incredible bonuses.

And yeah, Colm is pretty good too, he's pretty much a better dodging Joshua with very slightly weaker attacks, less HP and thief utility. And you can support him, etc, for pretty good benefits.

Edited by ZXValaRevan

I always use Natasha, but after every time that I beat the game, I go ahead and max everyone's levels out just to see if I used the right people. For me, Natasha has always come out with more solid final stats. That's not to say that she hasn't been RNG blessed and Moulder has been constantly been getting shit upon by the RNG god.

Moulder if you're using Colm and Cormag. Also if you don't like seeing people get weighed down.

Natasha if you're using Joshua. Also if you happen to like Valkyries.

Thanks for the responses, and in response to the supports thing...

I feel like I am going to end up using Vanessa, Colm, Gilliam, AND Joshua, Cormag, Franz.

Is this not advisable?

I feel like I might have a bias towards Natasha :3

Thanks for the responses, and in response to the supports thing...

I feel like I am going to end up using Vanessa, Colm, Gilliam, AND Joshua, Cormag, Franz.

Is this not advisable?

I feel like I might have a bias towards Natasha :3

Oh the irony.

If you still want any suggestions, I usually use Natasha and when L'Arachel comes I use her. If you REALLY don't want to use her (I wouldn't see why not) I'd use Natasha since the extra movement is useful (promote her to a valkyrie).

And for Colm, promote him to Rogue since that's the main reason why he's so useful.

Edited by DragonBladeSniper

If you still want any suggestions, I usually use Natasha and when L'Arachel comes I use her. If you REALLY don't want to use her (I wouldn't see why not) I'd use Natasha since the extra movement is useful (promote her to a valkyrie).

I always like to promote her to a bishop, because most of the enemies towards the end of the game are monsters.

Edited by Kedyns Crow

Oh the irony.

And for Colm, promote him to Rogue since that's the main reason why he's so useful.

Extra move is useful, but Valkyries suck, the exeption is L'Arachel, make her a Bishop, if you make her a Bishop it won't matter if she has poor magic since that skill called "Slayer" is effective against monsters.

Assasins are useful too, of course, ogues are awesome for the dact they don't need lockpucks or keys, but Colm gets good supports from Neimi & Moulder, in the end he would do really good against the Fraco Zombies & Lyon thanks to silencer.

EDIT: Bring a Shamshi or a Killing Edge and have the work done :newyears: .

Well I didt use moulder yet because he looks creepy but i've started a new game and i'm using him now. I still like natasha more but moulder is probably the better characters because his supports and con are better.

I prefer Natasha because I just hate Moulder. Sure, his Con is great, but he has one thing in common with Saul that causes me to dislike him as well as Moulder: His Luck is just plain awful. Also, I don't even use the likes of Elfire and Divine.

Edited by Jonathan Aulin