Dracoknight or Falcon Knight

Dracoknight or Falcon knight  

38 members have voted

1. 1. pick one

• Falcon knight
    • Dracoknight

At the end, Falcos are lighter and swift, Dracos are robust and strong, they're opposed and for that both of them are great in the game (the need of it isn't absolute).
Considering a lot of the best Dragon Knights also have ridiculous speed growth, Dragon Knights are robust, strong, AND swift, and since weapon weight doesn't really matter in this game, they're light as well.

Falco Knight. I like it more. Probably because I always buy Elysian Whips long before I get Master Seals so Caeda and Catria promote early. I have Est promote using a Master Seal since it's in the chapter she joins. I arena her.

The "Draug is ridiculous" thread sums up my thoughts pretty well:

Base level Beck can one shot 20/1 Falco Est:

No, seriously.

Arrowspate has 12 MT, effective coefficent is X3. Beck has 6 base strength. 42 ATK. This is one rounding Est's 30 HP and 12 def.

Est sucks. Falcoknight sucks. Falcoknight!Est is one huge cesspool of suckage...and some people actually advocate it.

You didn't even have these thoughts until BB posted that.

I said it summed them up.

I already knew Falcoknights sucked. I already knew Est sucked.

I didn't know about base level Beck owning Falcoknight!Est so hard though.

Best use of the Elysian Whip: On an unpromoted female you intend to turn into a Sage. Saves you a Master Seal for someone else.

This isn't the first time I've heard of this. I'm curious why people suggest this. Elysian Whips cost the same as Master Seals and although they're available more times in the Online Shop, 5 months don't have 31 days and you can buy more Master Seals.

I've been meditating about the usefulness of both classes and, well as the game's a bit different from the others, Dracos are better choice, they have better hp, str, def than Falcos (nonetheless I like them more for other past games), still they have more skill than Falcos and a slightly less speed. The thing is that nobody on the game gains resistance too often and Falcos are rushed by it and by the new formulas of hit and avoid%. So at the end I decided for dracos, they resist more hits and are often more durable than falcos. Sorry by the recent mess :lol:

This isn't the first time I've heard of this. I'm curious why people suggest this. Elysian Whips cost the same as Master Seals and although they're available more times in the Online Shop, 5 months don't have 31 days and you can buy more Master Seals.

Elysian whips and Master Seals come in different days. Let's say I'm playing a quick H5 playthrough where I will make use of the online shop and I start this playthrough on the 19th or 20th where I'm using Lena and Linde. By C10 I usually have Lena ready to promote so if I get Elysian whips, I can reclass her to Pegasus on the prep screen, promote her and then reclass her to Sage thus making it possible for me to use the Master Seal on a male combat unit in the following chapters since I usually have someone at lvl 20 (Merric, Ogma, Barst, Abel, Cain... any one or 2 of those). Linde wouldn't take any1's Master Seal either so I could have 6 promotions by Chapter 17's start as opposed to just 4 (Sage Lena, Sage Linde, 4 combat units). I'd rather have Catria and Palla as Dracos... don't care for Est and Sheeda's a Sage or Draco depending on the situation >_>.

Certainly helps those that struggle with the higher difficulties and need promotion soon.

Edited by Sirius

Because Master Seals are actually available in-game (and people BADLY overrate the availability issues when you have enough to promote an ideally sized team). You make it sound like you can only get promotion items online.

Because Master Seals are actually available in-game (and people BADLY overrate the availability issues when you have enough to promote an ideally sized team). You make it sound like you can only get promotion items online.

I think we're getting out of the main theme, we're debating about who's better if Dracos or Falcos not strategies to promote each unit and how. :)