OHMYGOSH THIS NEW SKIN IS SO SCARY

Nestling

I actually will second this one. It is that bad. Consider yourself blind if you saw it.

...Would've been so much better without that goddamn orange.

Screw it, I'll make you all suffer with me.

zetaboards_screenshot.preview.jpeg

Yes, the quality is bad on purpose. One because they used JPG. The other because it's sized down.

Edited by NoNameAtAll

I miss the old skin! I want it back! Will it return!?!!?!!

:facepalm:

They are working on it. Different software. Plus, they probably have to retool them to work with the format that IBP 3 has. I'm sure we can all see that just putting in the old skin won't work. It'll need to be fixed to work seamlessly with the new software.

Or they'll have to make new skins. We'll see.

Unless you want to try coding one. ;)

Edited by NoNameAtAll

:facepalm:

They are working on it. Different software. Plus, they probably have to retool them to work with the format that IBP 3 has. I'm sure we can all see that just putting in the old skin won't work. It'll need to be fixed to work seamlessly with the new software.

Or they'll have to make new skins. We'll see.

Unless you want to try coding one. ;)

Did you guys not read my original post? I said we needed to make new ones. The old ones no longer work.

Did you guys not read my original post? I said we needed to make new ones. The old ones no longer work.

I read it. I guess I got confused or misread it. My apologies.

Point stands though: It's not going to be instantaneous, right?

Edited by NoNameAtAll

You mean a clean interface that makes it possible to find everything with ease and isn't cluttered like this skin?

I'll take that skin, tyvm.

This isn't cluttered. For one thing, you can minimize that little thing on the front page.

Zetaboards is a lot like this. The only reason that looks so clean is because that board only has two forums.

Let me show you why Zetaboards has a superior skin, despite being uglier.

image2osg.png

image1ztt.png

When you look at the Zetaboards image, you can IMMEDIATELY tell what is a sticky topic thanks to the separator it has as well as the fact that it says "Pinned" in normal text that's easily seen, and you can more easily find what topic has the newest posts thanks to this. This forum uses a tiny little icon with so little contrast that you have to actively search for. It doesn't help that it's almost the same as the poll icon.

I find the icons more clear as well.

I'm not going to post images of somebody's personal profile, but that is cleaner as well. While this board shows far more information, all of the information is all over the screen in side bars, sub menus, etc. That board simply has its information in a more list format as well as category bars for them.

I'm sure there's more, but all of the people saying that it could be worse and be Zetaboards, I am thinking that Zetaboards is the much better forum layout.

Edited by Chainey

It's not really a new skin so much as upgraded software. And it'll get "fixed" soon. There are probably mods (as in modifications) that can do things like put a separator in and such. No reason to BAAAW.

Oh and Josh it IS possible to make skins similar (not exactly, people, similar) to the old ones, assuming you still have the CSS and the like.

Edited by Crystal Shards

this is waht happens for our constant burning of the forest. see what all these wars caused, now the herons won't sing rebirth and bring tthe forest back!!!!!

XD