does anyone here hate sothe in this game

I did't really like sothe in por but he looked cool and I liked his personality in his supports. In radiant dawn he is just annoying he is being redused to Micaiah's slave the only thing he does is whine and he looks quite different.

Oh another thing in por there was little interaction between sothe and Ike but here sothe acts like they where best friends and he showed him the error of his ways about laguz or something but he did't seem racist to me in por the only thing I know is that was afraid of muarim.

Well, Sothe is pretty useless in Por, and in RD he's worse than useless. He damages the team.

I might sig this. One of the many unique qualities of Lyle Dayek. ^_^

Seriously now, you know better than this at this point, Lyle. Worse then useless? Damages the team? Roflmaolol. Bias does not make a unit suck.

On topic now, I thnk Sothe is a pretty cool guy. Eh protects Micaiah and doesn't afraid of anything.

I might sig this. One of the many unique qualities of Lyle Dayek. ^_^

Seriously now, you know better than this at this point, Lyle. Worse then useless? Damages the team? Roflmaolol. Bias does not make a unit suck.

On topic now, I thnk Sothe is a pretty cool guy. Eh protects Micaiah and doesn't afraid of anything.

XD

Don't you miss me when I'm gone, Ms. Fox?

Off the record, Sothe isn't that bad. But on the record I can never admit that. Cause I hate him with a passion. It's very easy to fix his faults. Giving him adept makes him just as useful as anyone else. But I don't like doing that, cause I hate Sothe. And it's still just the skill doing the work. Not Sothe.

But still. My only real beef with Sothe is that he's forced to the endgame for no real reason. That's all.

Oh yes, what a great personality. It's like Sasuke all over again, and we know what fun personality HE has ;3.

Anyways, I never liked Sothe since I generally hate pre-promoted characters. Volug doesn't count, since he theoretically isn't pre-promoted. I mean, he CAN help, but when you start using him when Eddie, Nolan, and Aran get to his level...he kinda sucks ;_;.

Off the record, Sothe isn't that bad. But on the record I can never admit that. Cause I hate him with a passion. It's very easy to fix his faults. Giving him adept makes him just as useful as anyone else. But I don't like doing that, cause I hate Sothe. And it's still just the skill doing the work. Not Sothe.
that bad? Adept doesn't fix his problems at all. In fact, you don't even need Adept on Sothe. Where are you springing the idea of Adept from in the first place? He doesn't even really have problems until Part 3...
But still. My only real beef with Sothe is that he's forced to the endgame for no real reason. That's all.
Other than the fact that he's overprotective of his sister figure... Edited by Lord Raven

I was actually talking more about him outside battle sothe is pretty good till part3/4.

I find peleas/mici a better pairing then sothe/mici having those two marry would probably confuse tellius a bit if they claim they are brother and sister

Well, Sothe is pretty useless in Por, and in RD he's worse than useless. He damages the team.

That makes no sense. By that logic, every time I use Nolan, Edward, Micaiah, or Aran is hurting the team too because that EXP could be going to another unit.

Not using him is hurting the team A LOT more than using him, because without him you're taking longer to beat chapters (less BEXP) and are avoiding a bunch of treasures and shit.

He's one of the main characters. Much more important than kurth and (wtf)ena. Why don't you sandbag those two, who are pretty much combat failures for their entire existance?

Combat and utility wise he's super useful, he's probably the best Part 1 unit IMO.

Personality wise, he's all right I guess. He at least isn't such a stereotypical theif anymore.

I like Sothe in this game. He's nothing compared to Volke but he is of massive help in Parts 1 and 3. In Part 4 up until Endgame he's decent. One time on EASY mode he capped Strength and could still hardly damage Endgame enemies.

Can't stand Sothe.

The bellyshirt, his relationship with someone twice as old as him, his forced-ness, his lame speed, his personality, the list goes on. Is he useful? Sure. But if I had the option, I'd kill im' off in part one. Liked him in PoR though.

He is super useful in part 1 and he is also pretty useful with the +4 ogre slaying knife in part 3 as well. After that he starts to falter in ability but I can honestly say he never hurts the team with the exception of 4-e-3.

Oh? You wanted my personal thoughts? Eh is a pretty decent guy and he is forced to do everything.

Edited by Lancelot

I think it's safe to say that Sothe is essential in Part 1, but after that he gets worse. In Part 3 he starts lagging in speed of all things, he has a lousy STR cap, if it wasn't for Beast killer then he'd be pretty much useless in Part 3. All your other units will be surpassing him.

And in Part 4 he's useless. He can't upgrade till the second chapter he's in in Part 4, and he's got such shitty movement in that chapter, that he won't be able to reach anyone to kill them and get any EXP.

So, By the time the endgame rolls around, he'll be level 1 MAYBE 2 if you're lucky, while all your other units are level 10 and probably higher.

Oh, and Micaiah will be level 1 too. And since she's a main character, she's gonna need some attention with that.

So it all comes around to whether or not you think Sothe's usefulness in Part one make up for his uselessness in Part 3 and 4. For me, it doesn't.

And personality wise: He's a poser.

I think it's safe to say that Sothe is essential in Part 1, but after that he gets worse. In Part 3 he starts lagging in speed of all things, he has a lousy STR cap, if it wasn't for Beast killer then he'd be pretty much useless in Part 3. All your other units will be surpassing him.

But Beastkiller is there, and only for Sothe, so there's no problem.

And in Part 4 he's useless. He can't upgrade till the second chapter he's in in Part 4, and he's got such shitty movement in that chapter, that he won't be able to reach anyone to kill them and get any EXP.

He's not entirely useless. Depending on his level, a Sanaki + Sothe combo can take out most enemies, and he can find hidden items in the desert better than anyone.

Really, Sothe's part 4 is underrated IMO, and not just by you.

So, By the time the endgame rolls around, he'll be level 1 MAYBE 2 if you're lucky, while all your other units are level 10 and probably higher.

If you're actively using him, 3-4 is more accurate, as part 4 enemies give boatloads of experience.

Oh, and Micaiah will be level 1 too. And since she's a main character, she's gonna need some attention with that.

1. What does this have to do with Sothe?

2. Being a main character does not entitle her to favoritism.

So it all comes around to whether or not you think Sothe's usefulness in Part one make up for his uselessness in Part 3 and 4. For me, it doesn't.

For me, it does.

^Not to mention there is multiple paragons and sanaki should have already gotten her hands on one of them and gained quite a few level ups and ena/kurth are only good for utility without massive favoritism so most of your other units should already be third tier at level 8 and above or over 30 if there a laguz not named muarim/vika. You can easily build up sothe with the baselard at the same time as micaiah thanks to the number of paragons and he will only have real problems on the third part of final.

Edit: Although offensively he will lack on part 1 and 2 of final even when using the baselard.... but I don't find to to be as much a penalty as anyone in this topic is making out especially considering how pathetically short/easy all final chapters are.

Edited by Lancelot

Yeah, Sothe is super useful in 4-3, sometimes I think people forget he's a theif, just because he's good at combat sometimes doesn't mean we should ignore his utility. As for 4-E, he's forced, so he's almost in the top half of units there by default.

The only way that Sothe is in the top half of the units in 4-E is if you deploy nothing but garbage. Sothe has no time to level, his STR cap is shit, his weapon selection is awful, his durability is bad, his mastery is atrocious, and his crit is almost non-existent.

He is so bad in 4-E, so godawful at combat, that I could deploy Renning and Sothe would probably lose to him. In fact, Mist gives him a run for his money, since she has 2-range over him and a better mastery skill. Words can barely describe how utterly useless that Sothe is as combatant. He is not even particularly good at shoving people. The only thing that his forced-status lends him is the lack of a giant negative for deplying him, and in fact later on you're better off just giving his slot to one of the 4-E-3 dragons.

Fuck Sothe.

He is so bad in 4-E, so godawful at combat, that I could deploy Renning and Sothe would probably lose to him.

Probably? You mean soundly. At least Renning has access to Hammers and Wyrmslayers.