• Wrys
    • Lena
    • Wendell
    • Maria
    • Boah
    • Elice
    • Promoted mage
    • Reclassed unit

I've had serious problems with having a good curate/cleric/bishop in the game since all of them end with crappy stats at lv.20 as Bishop. I've always used Lena but she doesn't convince me at all <_< . I would like to know your opinion.

Edited by Dan

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wendell is probably the best if you don't want to bother with actually raising a healer; however, his stats hardly ever improve, meaning he will have to spam mend and even restore later on in order to still heal a decent amount of HP. However, I'd use Lena instead; she isn't much of a fighter type, but gets the healing job done pretty well. Other than her/Wendell, I'd only use (self-)promoted mages for healing since their MAG is much higher and the staff level is easy to raise.

By the time that Rena is healing a noticeable amount of HP than other healers (which will be a long, long time), Recover staves are buyable. Remember that the healing formula is now Mag/2, so even Rena has to use Mend Staves. Even then, she doesn't even match healing capability to Wendell until she promotes. Her crappy Mag lead doesn't make her better than Wendell's ability to actually damage things and better movement.

That is true, but I actually find her to be a pretty good unit overall, not just for healing. Once she's promoted, she can damage things pretty well.

...well, in earlygame, Wendell may be better.

Even then Wendell is winning at combat for some time because on NM will likely be doubling things she cannot and can wield better tomes as well (instant ability to use Excalibur!?) Plus whatever win she pulls out later on in NM isn't going to make up for Wendell's earlier advantages, especially since on NM enemies are weaker and Wendell doesn't have to worry about his flaws anywhere near as much.

On H5 their difference in speed and Wendell's combat abilities really show. Wendell is already regarded as a meh unit statistically, but Rena is definitely worse. Rena is really about her Warp Staff and Hammerne than actually being "overall good".

Think of Wendell as getting Pent just a few chapters into the game, except trading a wonderful lategame for a wonderful early game.

Yeah, Wendell is definitely the better healer.

Meh. Fine, so Wendell is better than Lena... I just find it very ironically to think of a unit with such crappy stats for a promoted unit (excluding SPD) being one of the best.

I still like Lena better though.

Well then, disregard my first post. Wendell it is, as well as self-promoted mages later on.

But raising Lena is more fun.

Lena is hands down the best healer, with reclass getting an honorable mention. And besides, who else can fix your weapons seeing as there's no repair shop?

Edited by Little Al

Well, you can:

- Buy new weapons, which is a lot like repairing them

- Starsphere your Miracle Sword/Gradius/etc, and you'll have plenty of uses left for the end of the game if you choose to get Falchion

- Buy more Rapiers and Wing Spears

So that leaves... Forged weapons and Warp Staves. Yeah. Hammerne is the only reason she's not right next to Rhys on the tier list, but it's also not auto-top tier.

So can Caeda, Maria, and Minerva.

Shiida: Won't get the staff rank in time.

Maria: lol, Maria.

Minerva: What's she doing using staves, again?

Edited by Norton Sez What?

Shiida: Won't get the staff rank in time.

Maria: lol, Maria.

Minerva: What's she doing using staves, again?

One word: dedication. It's possible to have her get an A in staves. And with enough dedication, I dare say she can become the best Ohm staff user. With the others I agree.

One word: dedication. It's possible to have her get an A in staves. And with enough dedication, I dare say she can become the best Ohm staff user. With the others I agree.

It's a one use staff that doesn't require anything but A rank staves. How can you be the "best Ohm staff user"? That's like being the best person to use the Geosphere.

One word: dedication. It's possible to have her get an A in staves.

Yeah, too much dedication. We have somebody who can use it right out of the gate so it's too much trouble to abuse Shiida's staff level. It's much less of a problem to just keep her on Mage.

I dare say she can become the best Ohm staff user. With the others I agree.

Wtf? How is it even possible to be the "Best" user of Ohm? It does the exact same thing no matter who uses it or what their MAG stat is. Elice can use the staff without any sort of time, dedication, or resources put into her: Which makes her the best user of it.

Not that I don't disagree that Ohm staff alone is pretty poor grounds for calling Elice the best healer, but if for some reason you actually need to use it [i GUESS it wouldn't be an awful idea to, say, have Hero!Zag go totally kamikaze on the final chapter and resurrect him when he bites the bullet], Elice is your only realistic option.