• Boah
    • Elice
    • Promoted mage
    • Reclassed unit

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey there, thanks for all of your opinions, it had widen my perspective about the healers; but I started to test each one, as though Wrys had somehow a competition with Lena, when Wrys went well, Lena fell down and vice-versa, so having in mind Lena's "importance" in the history of the game I chose her. Then I went on with Wendell healing everyone by arena and was slightly better than the humble curate but he didn't stand the chance. Let's not even talk about Maria, she is and turned crappy. I didn't even thought on Boah since his growths are similar to Wrys's. Finally Elice, her level ups were fantastic, I tried her as a mage but was really difficult (I think I abandonned her since I didn't have any dedication for her) due to the army of manaketes at Ch.24 and the enemies at Ch.24x, don't even mention at the endgame. So finally I decided all along with Lena, by PEXP and dedication.

You should've said favorite healer.

Much clearer that it's opinion.

My vote goes to Wendell.

Wrys: lol

Lena: Similar to Wrys. Only more useful for Hammerne.

Maria: lol

Boah: lol

Elice: Great! Too bad she doesn't exist when it would matter most.

Promoted Mage: Ok, Merric would do fine, though he'd already be doing so as a curate most likely.

Reclassed: Uh, many characters can do healing just fine.

I like Lena. Comes early and sh's good enough. Her Magic is low but it isn't THAT big of a problem. I guess it could since healing is MUCH slower in this game compared to others.

I bet Lena is the best healer on the game, her early appearance isn't much of importance. Let's compare her with Wendell.

Wendell:

Class: Sage, lv.1 (pre-promoted)

Weapon Ranks: Tome B, Staff D

HP-22

Str-3

Mag-4

Skill-2

Speed-12

Luck-1

Def-5

Res-5

Lena:

Class: Cleric, lv.3(unpromoted)

Weapon Ranks: Staff C

Hp-16

Str-0

Mag-2

Skill-7

Speed-8

Luck-8

Def-3

Res-7

*Lena is at level 3, to be promoted she must be at least at lv.10, then as she has 7 levels to level up, she will at least level up her Luck and Res at 3 points (being crappy), let's say she only raises her speed and skill by 2 points, and 1 point on mag(once again, BEING VERY CRAPPY), no new HP points.

So:

lv.10

Hp 16

Str 0

Mag 3

Skill 9

Speed 10

Luck 11

Def 3

Res 10

*Now she can be promoted to bishop. So:

Lena, Bishop, lv.1

Hp 22

Str 1

Mag 5

Skill 10

Speed 11

Luck 11

Def 5

Res 10

With these crappy stats, the difference is:

Hp equal

Wendell as being Sage beats Lena on STR by a +2

Lena beats Wendell with +1 on Mag or nothing if she didn't raised mag.

Lena beats Wendell with +8 on Skill.

Wendell beats Lena with +1 on Speed.

Lena beats Wendell in Luck, independent of pluses.

Def equal

Lena beats Wendell with +3 on Res.

I'm only placing crappy bases with Lena at lv.10 as cleric, I know no one that is interested on having a blessed unit will promote Lena or any other character/unit at lv.10, it's worth the effort to train him/her untill lv. 20.

In fact, if Lena is train unitll lv.20 and manipulating her level ups, she'll be even more better than Wendell and if it is by combat, Lena is better, better chance to land an attack and a crit, better magic, better luck, if well trained her spd will be awesome, equal def, equal hp and better res, making her a bold and nice bishop/healer.

So by that I say Lena is the best original healer in the game

Yeah, let's not give Wendell a single level in those comparisions.

And let's also not consider that Lena's chugging a master seal loads of other people want.

better magic, better luck,

lol

if well trained her spd will be awesome

Guess what? At max level [Which is FAR more credible for Wendell to reach than Lena] Wendell ties Lena in speed.

Edited by Norton Sez What?

In fact, if Lena is train unitll lv.20 and manipulating her level ups--

Yeah, applies to any character. What makes her so special to manipulate level ups?

Edit: DAMMIT BB. You ninja'd me.

Edited by NoNameAtAll

Let's Manipulate Wendell's level ups, too: I mean, it's not like his growths are much worse than Lena's. Some of them are BETTER.

I note Lena's groths are all better expect Hp that it's lower than Wendells, and speed is the same.

If we have the chance to cap Wendell's stats, it'll be harder than to cap Lena's or maybe Wrys'. Wendell has only a plus of 19 points on each stat and however he won't cap them excluding speed. As though, Boah means a better Wendell, he comes late but it's the same, Boah has better bases and same growths than Wendell's excluding a slightly lower point on luck and res. Maria would be a better option than those crappy old men. If I were to place them in a top healers by spontaneous growths, then I would place them as it follows:

1. Lena: Nice growths. Goes great in luck and res, as a cleric her mag, skill, speed are somehow trouble, but they're contrasted as a Bishop. Nice mag, skill and speed, awful HP and pretty good luck and res. Even a crappy Lena would get to cap luck and res. I had a crappy Lena and she did.

2. Wrys: Maria should be here but she has horrible bases but...nice growths. Well, Wrys is just about the same as Wendell and Boah, nice friends old man! Wrys may battle Lena but it'll be difficult. I know he could be the best one but it's quite difficult, but if you want then go. In fact, he turns crappy. In 4 levels he didn't leveled up nothing!That's pathetic, so go out of here!

3. Maria: This pretty girl is quite nice, her growths are similar or better than Lena's, but the problem is that her bases make her go down. She's a princess and she has the possibility to use Aum. However she requires time, hope, and patience/dedication. She's a nice healer, a magic tank but horrible magic fighter, she gets shelter on her luck and res, her mag, skill and speed are more than crappy. My God! Go somewhere else.

4. The Old man Combo: Boah and Wendell:Boah has better bases, similar growths, he comes late but it's the same, Wendell is worst or just the same. Why don't you both make friends with Wrys and stay at a geriatric hospital? :lol:

6. Elice: Excellent growths, pathetic bases to be a lv.10 cleric, the best spontaneous healer but goes down because the lady comes at last when the train had just passed. Sorry but go an assist the Old Man Trio at the geriatric...and...prepare their tombs because they won't last for long...heh, sorry :lol: Don't see me as a chauvinist :lol:

Finally I'd stay with Lena or...or...ummm...LENA! She's the only viable option, no choice, go with her or new game once more

I note Lena's groths are all better expect Hp that it's lower than Wendells, and speed is the same.

HP and Speed are the only ones that matter.

Wendell has only a plus of 19 points on each stat and however he won't cap them excluding speed.

If we were honestly going to buy your logic of manipulate level ups, the only criteria for being good would be to be unpromoted and to have more than a 0% growth in most stats. Maxing stats isn't the end all anyway since nobody really does it without abuse.

In fact, he turns crappy. In 4 levels he didn't leveled up nothing!That's pathetic, so go out of here!

But why do Riff's growths matter? We can just manipulate his level ups.

4. The Old man Combo: Boah and Wendell:Boah has better bases, similar growths, he comes late but it's the same, Wendell is worst or just the same. Why don't you both make friends with Wrys and stay at a geriatric hospital?

How about cuz Wendell's actually really damn helpful for a decent period of time, and even when Lena promotes, she STILL isn't fully caught up to him?

1. Lena: Nice growths.

20% speed =/= "Nice".

Nice mag, skill and speed

So Lena has nice speed and Wendell doesn't.

You wanna tell me how this logic makes sense?

I guess I don't to specify nothing at all, Lena's "nice growths" are in general by spontaneous growth of the character, Wendell is crappy because he's terrible as a lv.1 Sage, even Merric has better Skill and Luck at lv. 1 as mage. But I don't know why are we going too deep on Wendell since he's no original healer nor Bishop, yes reclass exists but Lena will have better stats by the time she heals people at the arena. In fact, if having a Bishop I do prefer Lena than a reclassed Wendell, or even though Wrys or Maria will do good; umm...yes Wendell may give a hand because he doubles almost everyone and uses magic, so it hurts since there is no clear opposition for magic. But it's ok, if you want to stay with Wendell then it's ok but well, Wendell's worst than Boah, it's only that at c12 your team is bolder than in c5. :lol:

I guess I don't to specify nothing at all, Lena's "nice growths" are in general by spontaneous growth of the character

What spontaneous growth? MAG is the only thing she EVER pulls a win on. And a MAG lead is kind of superfluous when you can't double and the staff formula got gimped pretty badly.

Wendell is crappy because he's terrible as a lv.1 Sage

Except he's not. By the time you get Wendell, he's doubling most stuff pretty consistently AND is hitting res. Most people have to settle for one or the other at this point: Wendell can do both. And did I mention he can heal?

even Merric has better Skill and Luck at lv. 1 as mage.

Wow, totally useless stat leads.

Wendell has no hit issues whatsoever, so PLEASE explain how Merric's hit lead beats the ability to actually double: And the ability to attack/heal at the same time. Merric has to settle for one or the other as long as he's lvl 1.

But I don't know why are we going too deep on Wendell since he's no original healer nor Bishop,

Because he can heal at default. Since when did you have to be Bishop to heal?

And why would you even reclass Wendell to Bishop, anyway? It doesn't do anything except gimp his strength and magic.

yes reclass exists but Lena will have better stats by the time she heals people at the arena.

Wrong: she still has to promote to compare to Wendell. And lol, Arena. Good luck with that crap on H5, even if you plan to abuse it.

But it's ok, if you want to stay with Wendell then it's ok but well, Wendell's worst than Boah, it's only that at c12 your team is bolder than in c5.

Wendell has better bases than Boa.

Wendell joins much earlier than Boa.

Wendell joins at a time where his bases actually look good.

Wendell will have gained C staves by the time Boa joins: i.e, this overrides Boa's only win.

Boa's tying or losing to Wendell in all growths: Most notably losing HP by 30%.

How in heaven's name can Wendell POSSIBLY be worse than Boa?

it's only that at c12 your team is bolder than in c5.

???

So your team is bolder which means they'll be closer to Boa's area or probably better than him because enemy stats have increased with player stats, and Boa's bases just don't cut it, this makes Boa stand out more, whereas when Wendell joins in C5, he's very solid compared to most of your units as they're poorly levelled atm, this somehow makes him stand out LESS.

Do I have that right? If so, then this logic makes no sense whatsoever.

Edited by Norton Sez What?

To judge Rena as better just because she "has nice growths" and "can max stats" easier is absolutely absurd. Wendell is actually an excellent unit stat wise at one point in the game, and remains viable for until around Chapter 16 or so, and by the time Wendell is being ditched, only now Rena is catching up to his stats.

The only thing Rena has over Wendell is Hammerne which she needs minimal fielding to use. That's it, while Wendell is actually outperforming most of your combat units for a short time and still able to be used awhile after that, AND he is capable of healing, which is what he is, a Healer with decent combat capabilities and movement.

Technically, Merric is the best sage when leveled up as Curate, but Wendell still beats him for the purposes of being healer before Merric promotes (EDIT: Or maybe Zagaro/Wolf are better healers, I don't know but it's highly probable. EDIT 2: Alright, Wendell is STILL being best healer, that's just how awesome he is).

Edited by Rody

(EDIT: Or maybe Zagaro/Wolf are better healers, I don't know but it's highly probable).

E Staves and no longterm benefit from it.

I'm not seeing it.

I think that to make a good comparison, you should make both objects equal to see who's better, it's insane to compare a sage with a still mage, where the sage obviously wins, but it's unfair because maybe the mage could be better sage than the already sage and to have a balanced and fairly done comparison you must first promote the mage to judge both sages and define who's best.

Except he's not. By the time you get Wendell, he's doubling most stuff pretty consistently AND is hitting res. Most people have to settle for one or the other at this point: Wendell can do both. And did I mention he can heal?

It's obvious that a sage can heal. I've spent 8 years playing fe and it's more than obvious that for all that time I must know what is or what is not.

Merric has to settle for one or the other as long as he's lvl 1.

You should know that he can attack and heal as a sage, it's absurd to compare the usefulness between a sage and a mage where you already know that is ALWAYS BETTER TO HAVE A SAGE THAN A MAGE.

And why would you even reclass Wendell to Bishop, anyway? It doesn't do anything except gimp his strength and magic.

I think that when we're talking about healers, we are talking about curates/clerics and bishops, for that I placed Promoted Mage at the Poll; but however I recognize my mistake was to put Wendell on the poll and include him on Promoted Mages were sorcerers are also included. As the Poll says "best healer", it only stacks up to Wrys, Lena, Maria, Boah and Elice, and the other included options that are reclassed units and promoted mages. In the way that why to reclass Wendell, simply thing is, that Wendell has a better attitude as Bishop than as Sage, since he increases Res and Luck mostly.

Wrong: she still has to promote to compare to Wendell. And lol, Arena. Good luck with that crap on H5, even if you plan to abuse it.

You're agreeing with my opinion, Lena must promote to be compared with Wendell and as though it goes for Merric too. Lol arena? In PEXP, arena isn't to be lolled, my lv.20 Caeda (peg.knight) has: Hp 22, Str 16, Mag 1, Skill 20, Speed 20, Luck 20, Def 12, Res 6 at the arena and without an absolute dynamic growth (reclassing her to cleric to gain more res and reclassing her back to peg). That's up to me.

Totally false, Boah in lv.1 as a Bishop has better bases (not all) than lv.1 Sage Wendell. Another thing is to compare a Wendell lv.8-12 with the coming Boah. As I had said, both units must be in equal conditions to be fairly compared. When there's no balance things are harder to assume, when there's balance and stability things are easier to assume an as though to flow in the situation.

And? Boah doesn't join at last chapters, he joins just in the middle of the game.

Wendell will have gained C staves by the time Boa joins: i.e, this overrides Boa's only win.

The only usefulness you're seeing on Wendell is that, as he comes early and is a Sage he can battle anyone and heal, though. But, what will happen if it's Boah the one joining at C5 and not Wendell?

I think you had not read my previous comments; Boah has better bases than Wendell but Boah's growths are equal and slightly lower than Wendell's, but if you're stuck on comparing a lv.8 or lv.10 Wendell with a lv.1 Boah then it's useless because obviously if Wendell is well-trained, by that time he'll be superior to Boah, but what no one wants to see is that Boah as a lv. 1 Bishop, is better than Wendell as a lv.1 Sage, mostly in base stats since growth are similar. I guess I've said this hundred times.

a Healer with decent combat capabilities and movement.

And so are a promoted Wrys, Lena, Maria and Elice, and so is Boah. I think you both are only seeing that Wendell is the best healer because he joins as a good unit at the time he joins , he has combat abilities and doubles most of all of the early enemies with magic; yes, I'm not sayinge he's not, but also the other healers in the game have those same or better attitudes when promoted as it's Wendell. What will happen if Wendell comes as a curate or mage?

As I already said, it's insane to compare a curate/cleric or mage with a Sage.

Alright, Wendell is STILL being best healer, that's just how awesome he is).

You're only seeing the superficial conditions, just as a cleric/curate with a sage. But what will happen if that curate/cleric is promoted to Sage/Bishop? They might be BETTER than Wendell.

I'm not seeing it.

It's possible and you find a solution when dedication is within you. Wolf/Sedgar can be reclassed to sorcerer and heal additional units (Duadexa, Hendexa, Unil, etc...)at the arena, they're no much problem because they have excellent growths, the only worry is mag and res. But they won't have great opportunities as Sorcerers, they're better as General/Hero/Warrior/Horseman/Berserker.

Oh...I forgot to mention (but it's deductable) that Sorcerers are also part of promoted mages. Just to clear.

That's my opinion.

I think that to make a good comparison, you should make both objects equal to see who's better, it's insane to compare a sage with a still mage, where the sage obviously wins, but it's unfair because maybe the mage could be better sage than the already sage and to have a balanced and fairly done comparison you must first promote the mage to judge both sages and define who's best.

Learn to debate FE please.

I think that when we're talking about healers, we are talking about curates/clerics and bishops, for that I placed Promoted Mage at the Poll; but however I recognize my mistake was to put Wendell on the poll and include him on Promoted Mages were sorcerers are also included. As the Poll says "best healer", it only stacks up to Wrys, Lena, Maria, Boah and Elice, and the other included options that are reclassed units and promoted mages. In the way that why to reclass Wendell, simply thing is, that Wendell has a better attitude as Bishop than as Sage, since he increases Res and Luck mostly.

Wendell is best as a Sage.

Please stop trying to gimp Wendell on purpose.

You're agreeing with my opinion, Lena must promote to be compared with Wendell and as though it goes for Merric too. Lol arena? In PEXP--

No one cares about your personal experience when arguing the best.

Totally false, Boah in lv.1 as a Bishop has better bases (not all) than lv.1 Sage Wendell. Another thing is to compare a Wendell lv.8-12 with the coming Boah. As I had said, both units must be in equal conditions to be fairly compared. When there's no balance things are harder to assume, when there's balance and stability things are easier to assume an as though to flow in the situation.

No. Comparing Wendell to how he is at that time is the right way to compare. Availability has to be taken into account.

And? Boah doesn't join at last chapters, he joins just in the middle of the game.

Wendell will also have a level lead on Boah.

The only usefulness you're seeing on Wendell is that, as he comes early and is a Sage he can battle anyone and heal, though. But, what will happen if it's Boah the one joining at C5 and not Wendell?

Hypothetical situations don't change what's actually written on the wall, Danny-boy.

I think you had not read my previous comments; Boah has better bases than Wendell but Boah's growths are equal and slightly lower than Wendell's, but if you're stuck on comparing a lv.8 or lv.10 Wendell with a lv.1 Boah then it's useless because obviously if Wendell is well-trained, by that time he'll be superior to Boah, but what no one wants to see is that Boah as a lv. 1 Bishop, is better than Wendell as a lv.1 Sage, mostly in base stats since growth are similar. I guess I've said this hundred times.

Who cares if Boah's "better" as a Level 1 Bishop? Wendell'll have a level lead on Boah. And that's what counts.

a Healer with decent combat capabilities and movement.

And so are a promoted Wrys, Lena, Maria and Elice, and so is Boah. I think you both are only seeing that Wendell is the best healer because he joins as a good unit at the time he joins , he has combat abilities and doubles most of all of the early enemies with magic; yes, I'm not sayinge he's not, but also the other healers in the game have those same or better attitudes when promoted as it's Wendell. What will happen if Wendell comes as a curate or mage?

No, it isn't. Because join time and such play a huge part in deciding a character's usefulness.

Alright, Wendell is STILL being best healer, that's just how awesome he is).

You're only seeing the superficial conditions, just as a cleric/curate with a sage. But what will happen if that curate/cleric is promoted to Sage/Bishop? They might be BETTER than Wendell.

Dude, we don't care about what ifs. Plus, Wendell will have a level lead. What do you not see about that?

I'm not seeing it.

It's possible and you find a solution when dedication is within you. Wolf/Sedgar can be reclassed to sorcerer and heal additional units (Duadexa, Hendexa, Unil, etc...)at the arena, they're no much problem because they have excellent growths, the only worry is mag and res. But they won't have great opportunities as Sorcerers, they're better as General/Hero/Warrior/Horseman/Berserker.

Oh...I forgot to mention (but it's deductable) that Sorcerers are also part of promoted mages. Just to clear.

That's my opinion.

Wow...just...wow...

Edited by NoNameAtAll

Yeah, not happening. Wendell has something called a "Level lead". That level lead holds for a good deal of the game.

You should know that he can attack and heal as a sage

He isn't a sage.

it's absurd to compare the usefulness between a sage and a mage where you already know that is ALWAYS BETTER TO HAVE A SAGE THAN A MAGE.

Merric's not promoted yet. What do you want me to say?

In the way that why to reclass Wendell, simply thing is, that Wendell has a better attitude as Bishop than as Sage, since he increases Res and Luck mostly.

Bishop doesn't affect his luck and res is a superfluous stat. Yeah, not a good idea.

Even if it DID affect Luck, luck is another one of those superfluous stats.

You're agreeing with my opinion

*facepalm*

Actually promoting Lena takes the following:

A master seal which is kind of wasted on her [All it lets her do is meh chip damage and gives her 1 more movement space]

A good deal of time

The seal is especially a problem. As such, Lena's probably not getting one until you have an abundance of them.

Lol arena? In PEXP, arena isn't to be lolled, my lv.20 Caeda (peg.knight) has: Hp 22, Str 16, Mag 1, Skill 20, Speed 20, Luck 20, Def 12

lol stat abuse

I got a Wendell with 23 mag and capped speed and 40~ HP, how do ya like them apples?

Totally false, Boah in lv.1 as a Bishop has better bases (not all) than lv.1 Sage Wendell.

Now you're just outright denying raw statistics.

Wendell: 22 HP, 3 str, 4 mag, 12 spd, 5 def

Boah: 22 HP, 1 str, 4 mag, 10 spd, 5 def

He loses strength and AS by two. How the hell is this better? Don't even say skill, btw.

Another thing is to compare a Wendell lv.8-12 with the coming Boah.

So he can smoke Boah even worse?

As I had said, both units must be in equal conditions to be fairly compared.

Correction: Both units must be in equal conditions of what's actually realistic for them to be fully compared. I'm not going to raise Boah to lvl 8 without getting Wendell a single drop of EXP in that timeframe.

When there's no balance things are harder to assume, when there's balance and stability things are easier to assume an as though to flow in the situation.

You're talking about balance when you're the one disrupting all order of it?

...Your point? Wendell being useful earlygame>>>Boa not being there earlygame

Wendell still wins because he has better bases?

I think you had not read my previous comments; Boah has better bases than Wendell

No. No he does not. NO idea where you got that from as he doesn't do anything but tie/lose.

Wendell has gained levels by then so he's pounding Boah even more.

but what no one wants to see is that Boah as a lv. 1 Bishop, is better than Wendell as a lv.1 Sage, mostly in base stats since growth are similar.

Wendell has an opportunity to level in 5-12. Boah does not. Wendell gets levels, Boah doesn't. It's perfectly fair.

And so are a promoted Wrys, Lena, Maria and Elice, and so is Boah.

None of the above are any good at combat, and only Lena is doing SLIGHTLY better than him as a healer taking into account jointime and staff rank.

It's even more ridiculous to not take level leads into account.

yes, I'm not sayinge he's not, but also the other healers in the game have those same or better attitudes when promoted as it's Wendell.

The only way Lena's better than him on promotion is that her MAG is slightly higher. I've already explained how this doesn't even begin to cancel out the timeframe where Wendell was pwning her face off.

I find Lena to be most useful w/ staffs, she has C staffs from the get-go and comes at chapter 3.

Even if Wendell's better in combat, so what? It's a best HEALER topic.

Even if Wendell's better in combat, so what? It's a best HEALER topic.

Due to staff rank really being the only variable in ability to heal, Lena is a marginally better staffer at best than Wendell [And that's just because of Instant-warp] which doesn't even come close to all the other advantages Wendell have.

Let me point out that Rena doesn't even start out healing better than Wendell. She needs to be level 11 to be healing what Wendell is healing for at his base, and then Wendell is getting level ups himself (which averages show his Mag does increase, making it even more difficult for her to catch up) and staff rank himself.

Then Wendell gets C in Staves, long before when we're beginning to use Warp the most.

• 2 weeks later...

Even though I hate on Wendell A LOT, I gotta say he's the better healer out of the choices.

The others don't become that good enough to heal your allies until like...Level 12 or 13? Wendell heals pretty well; lolRena heals less than Wendell to start off with. She only becomes good which she starts pumping out levels and that's an IF and how you manipulate her levels, which you could do for Wendell as well.

If you decide to use Lena(or any other curate), you use a master seal reserved for a (usually) better person. Merric is one that comes to mind, since he can heal on promotion, granted it's only E rank.