Kingdom Hearts series topic

Cybuster

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I go away from not keeping up with KH series anymore after finishing KH2 on 100%, which was quite possibly the easiest game to 100% and i'm presented with this? How am i meant to keep up with this stuff? Is there a general timeline i can read to get updated?

Yes, up to a certain point:

1)Birth by Sleep

2)Kingdom Hearts 1

3)358/2 Days (begins shortly before [RE]Chain of Memories, and lasts longer chronologically)

4)(RE)Chain of Memories

5)Kingdom Hearts 2

6)(RE)Coded

Though I have no idea how 3DS fits in the picture.

So I go away from not keeping up with KH series anymore after finishing KH2 on 100%, which was quite possibly the easiest game to 100% and i'm presented with this? How am i meant to keep up with this stuff? Is there a general timeline i can read to get updated?

I'm actually in the process of writing a timeline. Would you like me to PM it to you? It's enormous so far, and it's quite detailed, so I'd probably PM it in pieces, but it covers pretty much everything in BbS and the stuff leading up to KH1. I'll write up Days next, but, honestly, not a lot of important stuff happens in Days. I'm not spoiled on coded/Re:coded yet (since it's not out in the US until January), so that's the one thing I can't help you on.

Oh, and Xiltas, 3D is confirmed to take place around the time of coded, probably after.

Edited by Ragnell

It's a huge whale. It'd probably fetch a good price if you sold it...

New feature 1: Battle a giant whale in a vast ocean!

There's a battle where you can enjoy cooperating with several other players, and more.

A new mission, "Monster of the Deep" has been added to Arena Mode!

That is, you can fight the same whale that's in Pinocchio, "Monstro".

~~There's nothing you can do before this incredible attack?!~~

Using its giant body, Monstro flies through the air with his jump attack.

It seems there's no way to guard againt this giant, can that really be?

ΔIf you take longer than 3 minutes you'll be swallowed by Monstro!

~~When he gets high enough you have a chance to attack!~~

When Monstro uses his whole body to attack, the force of it leaves him beached!

When this happens, get close and attack directly!

~~If you don't get fast enough, you'll be eaten by stomach acid!!~~

Actually, you only have 3 minutes to battle Monstro.

If you take longer than 3 minutes, you'll be swallowed by Monstro.

If you defeat all the enemy Unversed inside him you can escape, but after another 3 minutes you'll be swallowed again.

Each time you're swallowed, there is more stomach acid that lowers your HP when you touch it!

New feature 2: Peter Pan Command Board

The special panels have different effects on each board.

Here you get pixie dust, and Tinkerbell appears.

With pixie dust you can move a chosen opponent to any panel.

So you can move them to a damaging panel by force?!

New feature 3: A new song for Rhythmic Ice-Cream

In BbS you could play 2 songs, but several new songs are being prepared for BbSFM.

Confirmed so far is the gummi ship music from "Kingdom Hearts".

The tempo is pretty fast, are your reflexes good enough?!

ΔNew song, "Blast away! -Gummi Ship 2-"

New feature 4: Transform into an Unversed with a Friend Command!!

A new Command has been added to the Friend Commands you can use in Arena Mode. This time we're revealing two Commands named "Illusion".

It seems like there are more illusion-type new Commands.

"Illusion L"

With Illusion L, you transform into the plant-like Unversed, Lunching Plant.

While you're transformed, your Commands will change to characteristic Unversed moves.

So you'll be able to do that annoying long-range move the Lunching Plant does, yourself?!

~~Attack powerful enemies using your enemies' power!~~

While transformed, your D-Link gauge becomes the Illusion gauge.

When the gauge reaches 0, you return to your previous form.

ΔCommands during transformation are "Dig underground/Come out" and "Return"

Base command is "Fight", finish is "Poison Attack"

"Illusion D"

With Illusion D, you transform into the giant-bodied Diet Tank.

This is an Unverse that reflects every attack it receives on its front side, and has powerful attacks.

But its movements are slow and it's weak to attacks on its back.

Don't get surrounded!

~~Blow away enemies with your powerful body!~~

Transform surrounded by a triangular light!

You can attack enemies a little distance away with smoke bombs.

Fully loaded with techniques that really focus on power, like Back Drop and Jet Rush.

You can look for a way to get around that's different from normal!!

ΔNormal Commands are "Back Drop" and "Return"

Base command is "Smoke Bomb", finish is "Jet Rush"

Here's the English dubbed Re:coded secret ending. As an FYI, this is coming out in NA/PAL, so don't spoil yourself thinking it's never coming. I myself am determined not to spoil anything in Re:coded except that secret movie, which doesn't really have anything to do with coded itself (it's just major foreshadowing for KH3D/KHIII). Enjoy!

So, what does this means for Terra? Since if Xehanort got revived... wouldn't Terra be as well then? Now this is quite the interesting development the story has taken. Can't wait for more to come.

So, what does this means for Terra? Since if Xehanort got revived... wouldn't Terra be as well then? Now this is quite the interesting development the story has taken. Can't wait for more to come.

Actually, Nomura said a long time ago in one of the developer interviews for KH2:Final Mix+ that Somebodies come back if first their Heartless and then their Nobody are destroyed (in that order), so this was planned by Nomura quite some time ago. I give him credit, he's actually thinking ahead now.

Most recent theories say that either Terranort/apprentice Xehanort will return (MX+Terra's hearts in Terra's body), old Master Xehanort will return (MX's heart in MX's body - Terra's heart in Riku's body), or young Master Xehanort will return (MX's heart in Terra's body - Terra's heart in Riku's body). I tend to favor the third, since that's the only form of Xehanort that's really new (we haven't even seen his face yet), but I wouldn't mind the first.

Actually, Nomura said a long time ago in one of the developer interviews for KH2:Final Mix+ that Somebodies come back if first their Heartless and then their Nobody are destroyed (in that order), so this was planned by Nomura quite some time ago. I give him credit, he's actually thinking ahead now.

Most recent theories say that either Terranort/apprentice Xehanort will return (MX+Terra's hearts in Terra's body), old Master Xehanort will return (MX's heart in MX's body - Terra's heart in Riku's body), or young Master Xehanort will return (MX's heart in Terra's body - Terra's heart in Riku's body). I tend to favor the third, since that's the only form of Xehanort that's really new (we haven't even seen his face yet), but I wouldn't mind the first.

Oh yes, I'm aware of that. But the thing is, Terranort is a unique case (and wasn't Erauqs's heart also in there within Terra's?), considering it's like almost an entire separate being from both Xehanorth and Terra. If Xehanorth revived it's since his body and heart had already went through the Heartless/Nobody process and all that, okay. And since it means Terra has as well, but isn't Terra's soul still inside his armor? Would that mean Terra can't exactly come back yet since his soul was left out of the process? I don't get quite that.

Oh yes, I'm aware of that. But the thing is, Terranort is a unique case (and wasn't Erauqs's heart also in there within Terra's?), considering it's like almost an entire separate being from both Xehanorth and Terra. If Xehanorth revived it's since his body and heart had already went through the Heartless/Nobody process and all that, okay. And since it means Terra has as well, but isn't Terra's soul still inside his armor? Would that mean Terra can't exactly come back yet since his soul was left out of the process? I don't get quite that.

Not quite. His soul wasn't in his armor, only some leftover thoughts were (hence the line that says "but your mind resists"). His soul is still in his body. Essentially, Terranort is Terra's heart+Xehanort's heart+Eraqus' heart+Terra's soul+Terra's body. The catch comes when you recall that Xehanort's Heartless survived within Riku after Sora destroyed him. So whichever of those components made up Xehanort's Heartless also entered Riku. And Nomura hinted in one of his interviews (I can't remember which off the top of my head, but I can dig it up if you'd like) that Terra's heart might be inside Riku's heart, since Ansem the Wise's Kingdom Hearts Encoder just destroyed the darkness in Riku's heart, not the light. If Terra's heart was in Xehanort's Heartless, then his heart might have survived within Riku.

So if Terra's heart did actually stay within Riku after the dark part of Xehanort's Heartless was wiped out, then that means that the leftover components of Terranort are Xehanort's heart, possibly Eraqus' heart, Terra's body, and Terra's soul (Terra's soul and body being Xemnas, of course). I think it's pretty likely that Eraqus' heart was either released when Terranort split into a Heartless and a Nobody (kinda like Kairi's heart left Sora when Sora unlocked his own heart), or is currently still with Terra's heart in Riku. So that leaves Xehanort's heart, Terra's body, and Terra's soul. Whether Master Xehanort's heart will return to Terra's body or not, and what it will look like if he does I'm not so sure about. Since bodies change shape depending on the heart within them (for example, Roxas resembles Ven because he has Ven's heart and Terranort looks like both Terra and Xehanort because he has both of their hearts), it stands to reason that the new form of Xehanort will either look like Xehanort the apprentice, Master Xehanort, or young Master Xehanort.

The first will be true if Terra' heart isn't in Riku and does return to Terra's body alongside Xehanort's heart, the second will be true if Xehanort's heart returns to his own (old) cast-aside body instead of Terra's, and the third will be true if Xehanort's heart returns to Terra's body, and Terra's body changes form to look like Xehanort did at Terra's age.

Edited by Ragnell

ReCoded Keyblade info

Thanks to nicklessguy from gamefaqs for these

Kingdom Key: Default

Lv1 (Innate): Auto-Potion

Lv2: Medic - Shell - Protect

Lv3: Magic Boost - Spirit MagicX

Lv Max: Attack Boost - Spirit Attack

Wishing Star: Clear Traverse Town

Lv1 (Innate): Medic

Lv2: Auto Dodge - Auto Guard

Lv3: Attack Haste - Counter FireX

Lv Max: Spirit Attack - Counter Blizzard - Counter Aero

Lady Luck (Last Resort): Clear Wonderland

Lv1 (Innate): Counter Drain

Lv2: Shell - Spirit Magic

Lv3: Magic Boost - Attach ThunderX - Regen

Lv Max: Attach Fire - Attach Blizzard - Attach Aero

Olympia (Power of Hero): Clear Olympus

Lv1 (Innate): Impact Arts

Lv2: Spirit Attack - Protect - Attack Boost

Lv3: Blade BashX - Counter Thunder - Full Swing

Lv Max: Attach Thunder - Auto Counter - Heavy Attack

Three Wishes (Desire Lamp): Clear Agrabah

Lv1 (Innate): Sonic Arts

Lv2: Spirit Magic - Auto Dodge - Bear

Lv3: Counter Aero - Medic - Magic Boost

Lv Max: Munny Steal - Attach Aero - Item Steal

Oblivion: Clear Hollow Bastion First Half

Lv1 (Innate): Attack Haste

Lv2: Auto Revenge - Auto Guard

Lv3: Pain Attack - Attach BlizzardX - Counter Blizzard

Lv Max: Auto Counter - All Critical

Zero one: Clear hollow Bastion Second Half

Lv1 (Innate): Attack Boost

Lv2: Auto Dodge - All Critical - Auto RevengeX

Lv3: Magic Boost - Attach SlowX - Heavy Attack

Lv Max: Target Scope - Munny Steal - Counter Slow

Oathkeeper: Beat last boss with S rank(Not hard at all really)

Lv1 (Innate): Bear

Lv2: Regen - Magic Boost - Auto Guard

Lv3: Reraise - Spirit Magic - Counter DrainX

Lv Max: Protect - Shell - Exp UP

Metal Chocobo: Olympus 30 layer challenge, Rare Prize Box at 27th layer

Lv1 (Innate): Impact Arts

Lv2: Attack Boost - Heavy AttackX - Protect

Lv3: Full Swing - Spirit Attack - Shell

Lv Max: Auto Counter - Drain - All Critical

LionHeart: Traverse Town lv 60 System Area, 350000 SP (IIRC)

Lv1 (Innate): Sonic Arts

Lv2: Spirit Attack - Spirit Magic - Attack Haste

Lv3: Auto Dodge - Magic BoostX - Regen

Lv Max: Attach Fire - Counter Drain - All Critical

Ultimate Weapon: Hollow Bastion lv 80 System Area, 1500000 SP.

Lv1 (Innate): Heavy Attack

Lv2: Spirit Attack - Bear - Blade BashX

Lv3: Protect - Regen - Attack Haste

Lv Max: All Critical - Drain - Zantetsuken Boost

-=Edit=-

Also

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201010/15034744.html

http://images.khinsider.com/BbS:FM/Scans/10.15.2010.famitsu.jpg

Edited by Organization # XIII Roxas

• 2 weeks later...

Some info was posted earlier in another thread, but there was more info in the interview.

"In KH3D, he thinks that the atmosphere will change quite completely. The number of new worlds increases a fair amount too, and it is one turning point on the lead-up to KHIII, which should be coming.

+Hints as to what Sora must do next are hidden in the Re:Coded ending and BBS secret movie. Also, although many characters that have already come and gone such as involved Organisation members appear, as a journey it enters a new level.

+Because there are two protagonists the title is closer to CoM, but the game isn’t perfectly divided into a Sora’s Story and a Riku’s Story.

The conversation in Re:Coded’s secret movie drops a major hint.

Also, the episode concerning Castle Oblivion, which appeared in that title as the final stage, will become the key to the next title/s, so he wants you to take notice.

+He is thinking of three new components for KH3D, and they are all things that only the features of the 3DS can bring to life.

+He is thinking about several titles other than KH3D. The plots are settled, and he’s burning to start making them as soon as he has the teams set up."

http://heartstation.org/archives/2410

• 2 weeks later...

Some info was posted earlier in another thread, but there was more info in the interview.

"In KH3D, he thinks that the atmosphere will change quite completely. The number of new worlds increases a fair amount too, and it is one turning point on the lead-up to KHIII, which should be coming.

+Hints as to what Sora must do next are hidden in the Re:Coded ending and BBS secret movie. Also, although many characters that have already come and gone such as involved Organisation members appear, as a journey it enters a new level.

+Because there are two protagonists the title is closer to CoM, but the game isn’t perfectly divided into a Sora’s Story and a Riku’s Story.

The conversation in Re:Coded’s secret movie drops a major hint.

Also, the episode concerning Castle Oblivion, which appeared in that title as the final stage, will become the key to the next title/s, so he wants you to take notice.

+He is thinking of three new components for KH3D, and they are all things that only the features of the 3DS can bring to life.

+He is thinking about several titles other than KH3D. The plots are settled, and he’s burning to start making them as soon as he has the teams set up."

http://heartstation.org/archives/2410

A little disappointed where 3DS is headed, considering it's story base and these concepts. I do love new worlds, but I'd rather see them used (At least, for the first time by Sora) in a main title. Hopefully Castle Oblivion can play a little into that aspect of preservation. Otherwise, there will be time wasted on trying to ignore or describe what happened in the game.

That, and I'm cringing at how I think the game will end, especially considering that this is unlikely to be the last midquel before KH3.

A little disappointed where 3DS is headed, considering it's story base and these concepts. I do love new worlds, but I'd rather see them used (At least, for the first time by Sora) in a main title. Hopefully Castle Oblivion can play a little into that aspect of preservation. Otherwise, there will be time wasted on trying to ignore or describe what happened in the game.

That, and I'm cringing at how I think the game will end, especially considering that this is unlikely to be the last midquel before KH3.

There might be one more midquel, but that's it. Nomura said there were three games to come, but it is uncertain exactly what the three games are. They might be Re:coded, 3DS, and or BbS: Final Mix, or there might be one more game. But other than that, KHIII is all that's left.

I wish they'd just set a different team to start working on KHIII right now, since I'm sick of people whining about how long they've waited for KH3 (not you bunny, but other people). They could have the actual KH team take over when they finish making Versus XIII. And anyway, the Osaka team (BbS, Re:coded) have proved that they are very good at making KH games, so I'm sure they could start development off well. And Nomura, who designs all the characters and the basic story, is available, so he could begin his work, if he hasn't already.

There might be one more midquel, but that's it. Nomura said there were three games to come, but it is uncertain exactly what the three games are. They might be Re:coded, 3DS, and or BbS: Final Mix, or there might be one more game. But other than that, KHIII is all that's left.

I wish they'd just set a different team to start working on KHIII right now, since I'm sick of people whining about how long they've waited for KH3 (not you bunny, but other people). They could have the actual KH team take over when they finish making Versus XIII. And anyway, the Osaka team (BbS, Re:coded) have proved that they are very good at making KH games, so I'm sure they could start development off well. And Nomura, who designs all the characters and the basic story, is available, so he could begin his work, if he hasn't already.

It's not that I don't like the midquels either, just that they don't have much liberty in playing out much plot for Sora. They're really running out of options. Assuming this is the MoM test(which, IMO, is likely), there isn't too much room beyond that. You have Mickey during KH1, which could be a nice game if they were willing, and depending on what comes of the test, they may be able to make a game from that. But that's it, really.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=24819464&postcount=1

Next week's Jump reveals yet another new boss for Birth by Sleep Final Mix. This Arena Mission is called "Vista of Darkness" and features the boss "NO HEART". The boss seems to be based on the armored Xemnas design (one of the forms of the final boss in KH2), except instead of sitting on the throne the whole time he actually gets off his ass and uses a keyblade.

• 2 weeks later...