Kingdom Hearts series topic

Cybuster

Got it today, and I'm quite satisfied so far. I hope this carries on ^^

Now I wonder what the next KH will be ò.ô Or rather, which console/handheld it would use.

Also, wasn't there something about a BbS-sequel with Aqua?

I bet something like the PS3. If I remember correctly, KHIII is the next one on the queue, and something like that sounds like it'd be on a console.

BBS Volume II? I think so. Though I don't think there has been information on that other than the secret movie.

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KH3 would make most sense, but I fear we're not going to see it until PS4... Square Enix didn't even start on it yet (I mean, I'm really looking forward to FF:VersusXIII, especially since it's similar to KH, but I want a new console KH nonetheless >.<), and since chances are high PS4/XBox360 will be shown next year during E3... I could imagine they're going for the next PS. Which sucks.

Okay, so I just finished 3D today. Aside from the secret ending (which I didn't achieve ._. short of 2 trophies on normal), the secret message hints that

the next KH will be a new "number". So can we assume KH3 is finally "announced"?

Also what's your opinion on Lea becoming a keybladewielder, with Kairi next in line? Personally, I kinda like the thought. I guess it could be fun controlling either of them in the new title.^^

Also what's your opinion on Lea becoming a keybladewielder, with Kairi next in line? Personally, I kinda like the thought. I guess it could be fun controlling either of them in the new title.^^

I thought it was dumb. It's like something out of a bad fanfiction, and I'm pretty sure it was just to make the fanboys happy.

I've always seen Kairi getting one, because of the three of them as a trio. I figured Riku could replace Goofy and Kairi Donald. Why did they need to make Lea good? Why can't they let their villans stay villans?

Edited by Bryan

I think it's cool. Though in a way, I'm kinda a little tired seeing just mostly the OC characters getting them. I mean, other than that, only Mickey and Yen Sid have been shown to or stated to have used one.

I know due to the various fighting styles of the characters you just can't give Keyblades to everybody but... still, if at least in the most plausible cases, it'd be a nice change of pace.

I thought it was dumb. It's like something out of a bad fanfiction, and I'm pretty sure it was just to make the fanboys happy.

I've always seen Kairi getting one, because of the three of them as a trio. I figured Riku could replace Goofy and Kairi Donald. Why did they need to make Lea good? Why can't they let their villans stay villans?

Because he got popular with the writers. His original fate was to die after the battle with Roxas in the Manor Basement, but instead the writers liked him so much that he was allowed to have a role in the main story. Though considering how much they've fleshed out about Nobodies and stuff at this point, I don't know what would've happened to him had the writers stayed in their original ideas.

Either way, his popularity was what allowed him to reach the role he has now, and they probably thought that keeping him a villain wouldn't have been the best way to keep him around.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

An issue I have with this game is that there is no text to explain what the Dream Eaters unique attacks actually do.

You can display their movelist but they don't seem to have a description anywhere.

Does such an explanation exist in the game or does someone already have one worked out?

KH3 would make most sense, but I fear we're not going to see it until PS4... Square Enix didn't even start on it yet (I mean, I'm really looking forward to FF:VersusXIII, especially since it's similar to KH, but I want a new console KH nonetheless >.<), and since chances are high PS4/XBox360 will be shown next year during E3... I could imagine they're going for the next PS. Which sucks.

The Kingdom Hearts series is developed by Square Enix's Product Development Division 1, aka the Nomura/Hashimoto/Kitase team. BBS and 3D were developed by Division 5, who are directly related to PDD1 through a merger. Currently, D1 and D5 have released all of their announced titles (Fabula series, KH series, Compilation of FFVII series, Dissidia series), with the only remaining games in development being Final Fantasy Versus XIII and Final Fantasy X HD. This is why I'm looking forward to Square Enix's event later this weekend, as well as Tokyo Game Show this year: D1 and D5 will most likely announce a host of new projects they'll be working on for the next 3-4 years (unless they can streamline the production cycle and make the games faster), which will most likely include new at least 1 new KH game, 1 new FFXIII game, and 1 new Type-0 game. Look forward to the announcement during this weekend.

Edited by Keiya

• 3 weeks later...

Awesome.

@Keiya: Well, at least we know now that there'll be a new FFXIII: Lightning Returns.

Watched the press conference, all in all, the game seems quite interesting. Creating a realistic environment and stuff... Wonder how it'll turn out.

Has Square Enix said anything new about release dates for Versus XIII or X HD?

Okay, uh... I can't read kanji, but did I understand right that they're finally making a KH HD remake for PS3?!?

Man, I'd be really pissed if that didn't come out in NA and Europe!

So it isn't just including KH1 and RE: Chain of Memories but 358/2 Days as well?!?

Edited by Xiltas Shepard

• 2 weeks later...
The gameplay, according to the magazine, has been overhauled to play more like Kingdom Hearts II.

Oh boy, if there's anything the first game needed, it was reaction commands.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...