Favorite Pokemon Trainer Pokemon

Ragnell

Favorite of the Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon.  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you like best?

• Squirtle
    • Ivysaur
    • Charizard
    • They're all equal

Which of the Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon do you like the best? This is assuming that no matter which one you pick, you will not have a disadvantage against your opponent. Otherwise, everyone would say "It depends on who I'm fighting."

I probably like Squirtle the best out of them because of his quickness.

Ivysaur. Vine whip and bullet seed are amazing (I killed two lvl 9 computers with 300 HP in stamina mode without getting touched using only those moves.) and his up smash and midair down smash destroy everything. Squirtle's okay. Water gun is lame (So is fludd. Seriously, Mario went from having one of the best moves to possibly the worst.) but his other moves are decent. Charizard's possibly my worst. Rock Smash would be great... if it was fast enough to hit anything. Fly's good for recovering, but not so much for damaging, and Flamethrower is only okay. Squirtle's good for SSE, but when Brawling, Ivysaur is one of my best characters.

Edited by Slize

• 2 weeks later...

Charizard. Playing Bowser all the time has transferred a lot of the skills needed to deal with pressure.

I would say Ivysaur, but good luck dealing with some of the worst projectiles. Best approach that thing has is back aerials.

• 3 months later...

Charizard is basically a faster, flying, yet slightly weaker version of Bowser. So, yeah.

Ivysaur has a tether recovery and is the easiest character in the game, bar none, to gimp.

Squirtle is pretty terrible. Even Captain Falcon has advantages over him.

Charizard is basically a faster, flying, yet slightly weaker version of Bowser. So, yeah.

Ivysaur has a tether recovery and is the easiest character in the game, bar none, to gimp.

Squirtle is pretty terrible. Even Captain Falcon has advantages over him.

Ivysaur is too slow for me... I like Squirtle because he is fast. o.o

Squirtle. I haven't used the Pokémon Trainer a lot, but every time I've used him, I found to make more use of Squirtle's agility than, say, Charizard's sheer power.

The thing is, Squirtle isn't nearly as agile as people give him credit for. Sure, he has that nice little Side B attack that gives him invincibility when going in one direction, but he isn't nearly as fast as some may think. He's about as agile as Power Suit Samus.

I'm not saying he's incredibly fast. I'm saying he's faster than the others, and I can make more use of that than for example Charizard being stronger than the others.

But Charizard has very fast attack speed AND ground speed. Sure, he isn't exactly a flowing swan in the air but he's got some awesome aerial attacks.

Better than Squirtle's, dare I say.

Charizard > Squirtle >>> Ivysaur

• 4 months later...