One Piece

Aitherion

Oh, so you're agreeing with me. I didn't mean the current arc is the only time he's done this.

The point is, this is a staple of his series. You stated that we weren't supposed to start caring about him during that point. You were wrong.

I know. I was shocked too.

It was the last huge arc. You know, Alabasta, Skypeia, Enies Lobby.

Either way you're wrong. It was a hundred and twenty-something chapters ago, and countless important events have occurred that eclipsed everything that happened at Enies Lobby. Saying that it just happened is plain incorrect.

"Your brother is in danger"

"Someone else can help him"

"OH NO I GOTTA GO HELP HIM"

hmm...

"He's probably just adventuring around. He'll be fine without me. Wouldn't want me to intrude."

"Your brother is going to be executed."

"Well shit I guess that means I should stop that from happening. That's a bit different from what I first thought."

Kind of a difference between his initial observation and the reality of the story. Obviously this means that Oda was diabolically strong-armed into making a plot arc that could plainly never happen, as face value is all that occurs in manga.

AND NOW FOR THE EPIC SHOWDOWN: LUFFY VS MIHAWK. THIS DIFFICULT WALL IS SURE TO STOP LUFFY RIGHT IN HIS TRAbwahahahahahhaha no I'm just fucking with you, he runs right past

What in the world does this have to do with pacing? He doesn't just run right by him; they have a short scuffle, followed by an explosion that distracts him long enough for Vista to protect him. There's not even the slightest tinge of something that has to do with a problem of pacing, unless you (mistakenly) believe that the battle was meant to be like ten chapters long. Which is dumb.

Edited by Esau of Isaac

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...