The goddamn Bargain Ring

Dat Nick

Any real foolproof way or at least some general guidelines to get it?

I rushed, using ever character at my disposal including fails like lolAzel [Who didn't even get to do anything, come to think of it] and I STILL fell a turn short. :/

Edited by Norton Sez What?

Shanan can get it in 2nd gen soon after joining if you miss it in 1st gen.

Personally, I don't pay much attention to it because of that.

Edited by Tiena

Shanan can get it in 2nd gen soon after joining if you miss it in 1st gen.

And ONLY if you miss it? Two bargain rings are better than one.

Ichival and Holsety are the only holy weapons that might break during their time in Gen 1 and Levin and Briggid don't really depend on them that much, so if you can only get one of them, I'm not gonna make a big song and dance about it and just say screw the one in C2.

There isn't a second bargain ring.

Right then. Burn in hell, village. See if I give two shits.

Thanks for saving me tons of potential headaches.

This topic has outlived it's purpose and may be locked at any given time.

Azel isn't that bad there are worse units like arden or diadora.

Who the hell ISN'T better than Arden and Diadora? If those two are the only failures he's beating I'm not impressed.

Are you talking about that village you need to visit with Levin by turn 11? I managed to do that pretty easily on my gen 1 Sigurd solo.

Since Sigurd could easily god mode that map due to two chapters worth of EXP, yeah, I could see how it would be much easier on a Sigurd solo.

I never said azel was good but he has awesome offense and gets a horse upon promotion in my opinion he is better than alec noish and midayle but I'm not a good debater so I would probably lose that one.

And ONLY if you miss it? Two bargain rings are better than one.

You only can get one or the other.

If you've missed getting it in Chapter 2, then you will get it from a boss in the start of Chapter 7 otherwise.

In case you want it in gen 1 anyway: You just have to push for Cuan and Sigurd to move their full movement every turn when possible, really, and have Ethlin stick to them if possible with the Light Sword and Aideen's Relive at hand to heal them when they get hurt. I've seized on turn 10 and I believe even on turn 9 before.

Since you don't purchase things in FE4 nearly as much as repairing them, it would honestly be pretty useless if it DIDN'T half repair costs.

But yeah. WAAAAAAY more trouble than it's worth in Gen 1. Kind of a bragging rights only thing imo.

Edited by Norton Sez What?

Actually I find it very convenient for Aideen who can't use the arena, and this way she can pass it on to Lana who is short on cash in Ch6 as well.

• 3 weeks later...

You MUST get to that village by turn 12

Boss Abuse the Prologue's FINAL boss with Azel. Let me get tons of levels, running away when he's about to kill the boss. Sure it takes time, but it's worth it. When you get to chapter 1, Arena with him, etc., maybe even get a few other steal kills in. He should be ready to promote in Chapter 2...At least he is for me >_>

But with a well trained party of Horse Riders and a souped up Azel, you should be able to get to that village by turn 12. Rush with Alec (I prefer him), Ethlin, Sigurd, Cuan, Azel (if promoted), Lex, Ayra and Holyn (if you beat the arena with a meleer).

This extremely insightful advice is about a month late, sadly, and likely consumes more time than it does to figure out a way to do it with his existant troops...and much more than the way he did pick: ignoring the Bargain Ring.