Some help and advice please?

nacho

:lol:

You guys make me smile.

Marcus or Lowen? I am using both right now because, even though FE7 enemies are made of large amounts of fail, I want to have the security of Marcus.

In terms of which I want to train and love, I choose Lowen, because it is fun to level him up and watch his stats grow. I like treating my characters like Pokemon, just letting 'em grow and get stronger. In that sense, I am all for focusing on weaker units that grow stronger when they pass the frail stage in their training.

The thing about Wyverns was just sarcastic or ironic say,

So then don't spout bullshit.

owever I respect your opinion and I'm no one to tell you what to do or not, simply I see that I could a better Paladin excluding Marcus, that's why I had chose Lowen, because in personal exp he went a thousand times better than Marcus but let us not drown in the whirlpool, we're just giving an advice so nothing goes with opposing comments.

No, your "advice" is backed up by hot air while I can back up my claims with numbers.

Let's just give our opinion and lets let her to choose the Paladin she wants. It's free decision, it's like: "choose between all the meats, chicken, pork, etc..."

If the OP wants to know who's best and why... nevermind.

Well, Lowen actually DID MATCH Marcus's offensive prowess and DID MUCH BETTER (PEXP).

Well, Lowen NEVER DID MATCH Marcus's offensive prowess and NEVER DID MUCH BETTER (PEXP).

In fact, each player has a personal affinity with the character, you choose Marcus (a prepromoted Paladin whose bases aren't as good as to having a lv.1 paladin) and I choose Lowen (a cavalier with nice bases that if trained to lv.20 and promoted to Paladin will KO Marcus with 2 or 3 strikes).

I don't have a "personal affinity" for Marcus; I don't need some sort of euphemism for my inability to accept that superior characters are, in fact, superior. A combat comparison between the two of them isn't relevant during gameplay, ever.

Marcus or Lowen? I am using both right now because, even though FE7 enemies are made of large amounts of fail, I want to have the security of Marcus.

Use both. They support each other too.

In terms of which I want to train and love, I choose Lowen, because it is fun to level him up and watch his stats grow. I like treating my characters like Pokemon, just letting 'em grow and get stronger. In that sense, I am all for focusing on weaker units that grow stronger when they pass the frail stage in their training.

There is nothing wrong with using characters that start out strong and end strong.

Edited by dondon151

Hey dondon,

When it comes to stats and numbers, I am a bit lost. I thank you for explaining to me why Marcus is a strong character. I never intended for there to be a debate or an argument over which character is better. I take everyone's answer for what it is and consider following the advice for my entertainment and for the optimal characters to use. I created the topic because I was looking at tier lists and getting more confused the more I looked at them. I wanted some pointers as to which characters will grow the most and survive the best in the game.

That said, I relied heavily on Marcus on my first playthrough. I mean, he could kick anyone's butt with one quick stroke of his sword/lance/axe :)

I understand the opinion that he is an experience whore. It makes sense in a way. Since he can kill off enemies easily, why let the weaker units fight at all? But when he does all the work, nobody grows. And when nobody grows, I am left with a sorry team by the end of the game. That's what I want to avoid this time around.

That's my opinion for now. ;)

I created the topic because I was looking at tier lists and getting more confused the more I looked at them. I wanted some pointers as to which characters will grow the most and survive the best in the game.

You must realize, then, that there is more to the tier list to characters that "grow the most," hence why Marcus is the best in the game despite not growing very much at all.

I understand the opinion that he is an experience whore. It makes sense in a way. Since he can kill off enemies easily, why let the weaker units fight at all? But when he does all the work, nobody grows. And when nobody grows, I am left with a sorry team by the end of the game. That's what I want to avoid this time around.

Obviously when I advocate the use of Marcus, I don't intend for players to solo maps with him. There's a happy medium between having Marcus get every kill and not using him at all (which would conform to your wishes of seeing characters grow but also not prevent you from using good characters off the bat).

Hey dondon,

When it comes to stats and numbers, I am a bit lost. I thank you for explaining to me why Marcus is a strong character. I never intended for there to be a debate or an argument over which character is better. I take everyone's answer for what it is and consider following the advice for my entertainment and for the optimal characters to use. I created the topic because I was looking at tier lists and getting more confused the more I looked at them. I wanted some pointers as to which characters will grow the most and survive the best in the game.

That said, I relied heavily on Marcus on my first playthrough. I mean, he could kick anyone's butt with one quick stroke of his sword/lance/axe :)

That's my opinion for now. ;)

Wise choice, it is better to have all of your team as a solid, bold, balanced and well-trained one than to have only one or two that are strong and the rest may be determined as weak and fragile to the enemy.