Your Favorite Game.

Fox

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh shit wait, I change my mind...

Sonic_3_And_Knuckles_Cover.jpg

Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles for the Mega Drive is my all-time personal favourite game ever. Nothing tops it in my books, not even Destruction Derby 2.

I don't care if it's the Super NES version or the GBA version.

2a91c523ba31031dffa83b8da3358916-The_Legend_of_Zelda__A_Link_to_the_Past.jpg

Boom bam! The first Zelda game I have ever played. (Heck, even though it's a vague memory now, I still remember my dad buying a Super NES with this game bundled in.)

Edited by Little Al

heh, box art is popular here; couldn't find a very decent sized image of my fave game's box art so I'm displaying this instead

the game which then inspired this manga (of which I own both the game and this being one of the very few mangas I also own):

3794777650_16f0c8f5d9_o.jpg

SO. FUCKING. HARD. I assume you mean favorite VIDEO game. In which case, just barely, I might have to go with:

kotor_cover.jpg

Except the second one. A beautiful game, marred only by the fact that it was released unfinished.

i'm going to have to go w/ SMB3 on this one. i think i'm the only one who's said a platformer! i feel old. :P but i think it's one of the most perfect games ever.

but if i had to pick a game in terms of the one game that i'd want to have to play over and over again for the rest of my life i'd have to pick an FE game. but that's another thread i suppose.

is etrian odyssey really that good? i heard that there's 0 story, just dungeon crawling, so i'm not sure i'd be that interested in it. i'm not really into turn-based battles that much, so is there anything compelling about the battles? and is there a lot of level grinding?

It's a niche game. I'll say it's bad, but I love it. Much like Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure is a horrible game yet for my tastes, it's amazing.

Compared to some of my other favourites, like the MOTHER series; MOTHER has some of the best if not the best writing imaginable, and far exceeds what you'll find in Etrian Odyssey. What I, and many others have done, is made the story good. In the back of my mind, as I build characters for my guild, I give them all backstories, personalities and use my imagination. The game encourages it. It even encourages "putting down your name" (IE suggesting the player is a guild leader in the world, and they can fight alongside the guild itself). The grid based mapping system is great. It's a lot of fun and quite important; leave out an important detail and you'll get lost in the labyrinth.

There's just nothing more immersive for me. This is coming from someone who doesn't RP and stuff on the Internet.