Do you know what I just realized....

Soviet Gregor

Why do think that? I don't recall the game ever calling it Tordo Hammer or anything similar. I do understand that it's fairly likely though, what with names such as Falaflame and Holsety.

EDIT

Also, there's this, but IS never were consistent with their English spellings (it's called Torhammer in the Treasure book IIRC).

Edited by VincentASM

I'm probably going to assume it's a reference to Tordo regardless, even if it doesn't have the "do" in there. Even if it could be translated as Thorhammer, I assume the same could be said about Tordo (Thordo?)

I'm probably going to assume it's a reference to Tordo regardless, even if it doesn't have the "do" in there. Even if it could be translated as Thorhammer, I assume the same could be said about Tordo (Thordo?)

This theory fails for a very simple reason:

トールハンマー (TOORUHANMAA - Thorhammer)

トードハンマー (TOODOHANMAA - Tordohammer)

It's also what Elren in FE3 was to use

to execute Maric with

, of which the spell was Thoron, but he calls it トールハンマー

I've reason to believe it's Thor Hammer.

If the game is ever translated to English, I wonder if they'll just change it to Mjolnir...

Edited by Pretty Boi Wolf

No, I meant the "Tor" part being a reference to Tordo.

to execute Maric with

I've reason to believe it's Thor Hammer.

If the game is ever translated to English, I wonder if they'll just change it to Mjolnir...

I wouldn't mind if they did change Tor Hammer to Thor Hammer or Mjolnir, I'd actually like it better if was called Mjolnir to keep the Norse theme running.

No, I meant the "Tor" part being a reference to Tordo.

トール (TOORU) is Tor/Thor. トード (TOODO) is Tordo.

Even if they're somehow related, Thorhammer is certainly not supposed to be Tordohammer; if they wanted wanted it to be, they could have done so easily (same length).

to execute Maric with

You're wrong.

I was under the assumption that Thor had to do with thunder, lol.

I was under that assumption too. However, many games and I think even the Norse Mythology itself often associates Thor with thunder and lightning. Other games do that, too, like Golden Sun and other RPG games (Shining Force, I think?).

If this game got localized, I'm sure they'd call it Thorhammer, or maybe even go as far as change Tordo to Thor.