Harken Appriciation Thread

Soviet Gregor

Geitz > Harken? Really? Harken's stats are quite a bit better (4 str/spd/def, along with skl/lck/res. Geitz has, like, 2 HP/2 con), and Geitz only has about 3 more chapters. I know Geitz can gain levels, but those are big caps to cover.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I might have underestimated Harken's stat leads, then, though you can also argue Geitz has better 2-range with the Brave Bow and all. I don't think there's a loser in a Harken vs Geitz debate.

I might have underestimated Harken's stat leads, then, though you can also argue Geitz has better 2-range with the Brave Bow and all. I don't think there's a loser in a Harken vs Geitz debate.

Tomahawk and Light Brand realistically cover all of a Hero's 2-range needs, especially since they can actually counter 1-range attacks afterward.

Competing with Bows isn't easy though. Tomahawk isn't a common weapon (same with Light Brand. Never mind the ludicrous requirement). People say "lolnocounterattack" then again he could always get traded his Axe and still do as well. 1-2 range is slightly overrated.

My brother thoroughly thinks Karel is better than Harken even in Hard Mode. I laughed. He tried to make a point of Karel's +15 critical rate, but does that really outweigh Harken's advantages? I think not!

I actually share great opinions on both Harken and Karel, in Eliwood's mode I recruit Harken and in Hector's I recruit Karel so that he can support with Karla.

Well, I think Harken is a really great unit, unlike Raven, he is more of a tank and he doesn't get to slowed down to axes either, HE DOES deserve to use Basilikos, I always S rank him in axes and give him a body ring.

Can Karel 1RKO people?

...without a critical :o

On starting stats!?!?!

I think not. :facepalm:

Actually, I think he can. He's just worse durably and has no 1-2 range.

I'm not too familiar with this game,but he has 29 Att at base with Silver,I dunno what that does,of course he can always pull Killing edges.

Can Karel 1RKO people?

...without a critical :o

On starting stats!?!?!

I think not. :facepalm:

Mages are easy pickings for him. Or just have him fight someone unpromoted that he can double.

Edited by Joshybear25

I agree with Harken>Karel and Harken>Raven, because Karel isn't really my type of character, though I do sometime use myrmidians/swordmasters, I prefer Heroes because they can often take a beating...I like how Harken's pretty good right out of the box, and Raven takes some work to match the others at this point. Though, stat-wise Raven is probably the better of the two.

Edited by Sedgar

I agree with Harken>Karel and Harken>Raven, because of his ability to tear through opponents wilst not getting killed and te act that he's much easier to manage than Raven who takes some work (he's still a good unit, though) and probably my favorite from FE7.

Can you explain how Raven takes some work?

I agree with Harken>Karel and Harken>Raven, because of his ability to tear through opponents wilst not getting killed and te act that he's much easier to manage than Raven who takes some work (he's still a good unit, though) and probably my favorite from FE7.

Can you explain how Raven takes some work?

Probably somewhere along the lines of "well Lolraven can't even solo lategame maps at base level. lolfailure."

I will say that availability is really the only thing Raven has going for him versus Harken: Harken's better than him when both exist.

The only stats Harken might have over Raven when harken joins are Str, Luck, Def, and Res. Raven cathes up in Str, Luck hardly matters, and Raven's durability is already adequate enough, plus he might have as much as +4 from supports, which would actually close the gap entirely. I don't see how Harken ever wins.

I will say that availability is really the only thing Raven has going for him versus Harken: Harken's better than him when both exist.

The only stats Harken might have over Raven when harken joins are Str, Luck, Def, and Res. Raven cathes up in Str, Luck hardly matters, and Raven's durability is already adequate enough, plus he might have as much as +4 from supports, which would actually close the gap entirely. I don't see how Harken ever wins.

The fact that Raven can DIE in early chapters easy.