Playthrough Ideas

Ron

No Boys Allowed tour is really hard to do in that game especially in the first chapters. But it can be done.

Paladins Only is another one that can be done but is tricky until endgame.

You can go for Laguz Only, Crimeans Attack (Crimeans only), Dawn Brigade Destruction (DB as token force), Magic (field only Magic users), or whatever.

To answer Pride's question : I'm playing on Easy, so no matter what it shouldn't be too hard.

Also, I'm just looking for some fun, possibly original, ideas on ways to make this game a little more fun

No Boys Allowed tour is really hard to do in that game especially in the first chapters. But it can be done.

Except that you have to use Ike!

Anyway, how about a crappy units run?

Edited by NinjaMonkey

Here's some ideas considering your playing Easy:

Volug Solo

Trueblades Only (Excluding Part 2)

Saints Only

I can't really come up with much on my mind. Volug might be fun to do. Swordmasters only if your daring, but if not try Trueblades Only. Saints only can be challenging because of their caps. Hope you have fun with what ever you choose.

EDIT: Nevermind Swordmasters only, forgot you can promote automatically after level 20. I changed it to Trueblades, but you can always try this on normal mode. :)

Edited by Wolf

Low level runs. Always make sure you use the lowest level character possible while avoiding as much experience as possible. Strive to ignore characters who are a higher level unless they must move; you may also want to give unit moves in order of lowest level to highest.

Siblings Only:

Ike - Mist

Micaiah - Sanaki

Oscar - Boyd - Rolf

Lethe - Lyre

Marcia - Makalov

Geoffery - Lucia

Rafiel - Leanne - Reyson

I hadn't heard this idea before so its original at least in my mind. All three brothers can't support each other, so one will be a support for whichever heron you pick for endgame. You will get some critical boosts, a good spread of weapon types and the option for the triangle attack.

I am just finishing a PoR run for transfer bonuses made to try this or a triangle attack run (includes the Peg Knights). I'm trying to decide on this and want to try hard mode -- in which case the Triangle Run might be better, I think?

Another idea is the Bronze Only (easy mode), or E-Rank Weapons Only (normal mode) discussed in an earlier thread.

Added by edit:

Have you done all the marriage/affair endings:

Micaiah -Sothe

Mist - Boyd

Jill - Haar

Leanne - Naesala

Geoffrey - Elincia

Lucia - Bastian

Astrid - Makalov

Edited by Aether7

Siblings Only:

Ike - Mist

Micaiah - Sanaki

Oscar - Boyd - Rolf

Lethe - Lyre

Marcia - Makalov

Geoffery - Lucia

Rafiel - Leanne - Reyson

I hadn't heard this idea before so its original at least in my mind. All three brothers can't support each other, so one will be a support for whichever heron you pick for endgame. You will get some critical boosts, a good spread of weapon types and the option for the triangle attack.

I am just finishing a PoR run for transfer bonuses made to try this or a triangle attack run (includes the Peg Knights). I'm trying to decide on this and want to try hard mode -- in which case the Triangle Run might be better, I think?

Another idea is the Bronze Only (easy mode), or E-Rank Weapons Only (normal mode) discussed in an earlier thread.

Added by edit:

Have you done all the marriage/affair endings:

Micaiah -Sothe

Mist - Boyd

Jill - Haar

Leanne - Naesala

Geoffrey - Elincia

Lucia - Bastian

Astrid - Makalov

Most of the units in my party are realted/ get married. o.o

EDIT: All Peg Run? (LOL.)

Edited by Bryan

When I get this game, I'm going to try an all laguz run (plus Ike) before anything else, lol. I did that for FE9 and it was amazingly fun. Hopefully the same applies here.

Edited by Eltoshen

Specialized Skills/Weapons Only:

Micaiah - Sacrifice, Thani

Edward - Caladbolg

Leonardo - Lughnasadh

Nolan - Tarvos

Nailah - Glare

Elincia - Mercy, Amiti

Ike - Aether, Ettard, Ragnell

Mist - Florete

Janaff - Insight

Ulki - Vigilance

Sanaki - Cymbeline

Optional:

Ilyana - Rexbolt (only Arch Sage (Thunder))

Black Knight - Eclipse (Part 1 & 3 only)

Volke - Lethality (only Assassin)

Nasir - White Pool (only White Dragon)

Nailah's Glare I have found useful for helping build up the Dawn Brigade characters (Glare abuse). It appears that Glare gives the enemy unit turned to stone a +10 defense, so you can get more attacks in without being countered. Then with Elincia you can Mercy abuse in part 4.