Political Views?

Cynthia

I don't think religion has anything to do with my political stand, so I'm not mentioning it.

That said, I don't think I really have a label. I take issues as they come.

We're not asking you to label yourself, but rather to state your views on several important issues, in an attempt to figure out your line of thought with most political issues. This is what I believe is meant by "Political View". If this was not meant, then that's silly, labels are stupid.

I get what the question asked, and I answered it the way I wanted to answer it. I don't see myself as "liberal" or "conservative," "Republican" or "Democrat," or any of those other things, and considering that's how most people have answered the topic, I'd say my response was in line with the other responses.

So please, stop nitpicking specific, mostly irrelevant words and look at what the post is actually saying. I know what I'm reading and writing, thank you.

Edited by Crystal Shards

I get what the question asked, and I answered it the way I wanted to answer it. I don't see myself as "liberal" or "conservative," "Republican" or "Democrat," or any of those other things, and considering that's how most people have answered the topic, I'd say my response was in line with the other responses.

So please, stop nitpicking specific, mostly irrelevant words and look at what the post is actually saying. I know what I'm reading and writing, thank you.

Yes, she is correct, you may answer the question in anyway you choose. Sorry for not mentioning that before.

Are there any specific categories we're supposed to be giving opinions on? Otherwise, I'd say I'm generally for solutions that plan with the long run in mind. I am against unenforceable laws, hopefully I don't need to elaborate on why. I don't like government involvement in daily lives, nor do I want less fortunate people to rely on the kindness of others.

I dunno how much of this makes a whole lot of sense, I seem to have lost my way with words lately.

Economically: I tend to be moderate, leaning somewhat conservative. I don't really favour a nanny state, but I do think there should be a "safety net" for the most disadvantaged (mentally disabled, physically disabled, veterans, etc.)

Socially: As libertarian as they get. What I do with my life, and what others do with their lives, are none of the business of others. I disdain government interference in just about every aspect of my life, and think religion should have absolutely, positively zero role in government, at least until we start taxing them.

I'm a registered Libertarian, and a former Democrat. The Democrats have become Neo-Liberals, and the Republicans have become Neo-Conservatives; true conservatism - the kind that Barry Goldwater practised - is long gone. yet I don't really care for the leaders of the Libertarian Party, either; they're all failed Republicans. I don't really like Ron Paul, and strongly dislike Bob Barr.

• 3 months later...

Yeah, I consider myself a strong left-libertarian. I agree with social security, gay rights, the pro-choice movement etc, and would love to see the churches taxed.

Actually, I'm considering moving into politics, despite the fact that it's all full o' shite. The Australian Labour Party is a mad PR machine (led by a man who's main strength is 'not Howard'), the Greens are to my view a little too extreme, the Liberals have Tony Abbott and Wilson Tuckey (enough said) and the Democrats, despite being centrist, are long dead.