First time playing

Junkhead

I made the crappiest mistakes:

-Letting Ronan die, his Str sucks, yeah, but I could've given him scrolls later on.

-I let Rifis die, he was actually quite good :( .

-Before Eyvel got stoned, I had to rescue Nanna or this warrior, this swordmaster and Mareeta would've kill her, so I rescued her, Eyvel dodged all the attacks, Beldo stoned her. Can I get Nanna back?

In the next chapter I got Lara, Makua and Byron, was it? Yeah, I trained Lara little by little til' she gained decent stats, I got her to lvl 10 :) and why isn't Makua high tier? She is quite impressive and saves your butt in that chapter were Leaf and the others are imprisoned.

My first character to promote was Lara :awesome: :

Lara.jpg

I have a lot a favoritism for her now, in my next run I shall train Rifis. I actually gathered a whole lot of experience by stealing, stealing and stealing in the first chapter I got her, later she went on gaining little strength enough to damage.

BTW, what is Con/Build for in this game? Does Con or Str affect AS in this game?

Edited by soul1112

Don't worry about Ronan. He really isn't THAT great. It's no loss.

Lifis dieing is bad. He's way better than Lara I think. But oh well.

I don't know.

Again, I don't know.

Big mistake. I would've promoted Shiva instead. I think of him as one of the best units in the game.

Attack Speed is determined by Build not Strength. Tomes ignore Build though so they ALWAYS slow you down.

Edited by luigi bros

Luigi answered the attack speed question

you may already know such but since you just asked what it's for in general:

your Bld must be greater than the enemy's Bld (unless you're a mounted unit) in order to Capture them

when having rescued an ally, if the rescued unit's Bld is more than half the carrier's Bld (or 1/2 Bld +5 for mounted units), movement for the carrier is halved

lastly, a thief's (and thief fighter's) Bld must be greater than the weight of the item you wish to Steal in order to do so

I made the crappiest mistakes:

-Letting Ronan die, his Str sucks, yeah, but I could've given him scrolls later on.

-I let Rifis die, he was actually quite good :( .

-Before Eyvel got stoned, I had to rescue Nanna or this warrior, this swordmaster and Mareeta would've kill her, so I rescued her, Eyvel dodged all the attacks, Beldo stoned her. Can I get Nanna back?

In the next chapter I got Lara, Makua and Byron, was it? Yeah, I trained Lara little by little til' she gained decent stats, I got her to lvl 10 :) and why isn't Makua high tier? She is quite impressive and saves your butt in that chapter were Leaf and the others are imprisoned.

My first character to promote was Lara :awesome: :

Lara.jpg

I have a lot a favoritism for her now, in my next run I shall train Rifis. I actually gathered a whole lot of experience by stealing, stealing and stealing in the first chapter I got her, later she went on gaining little strength enough to damage.

BTW, what is Con/Build for in this game? Does Con or Str affect AS in this game?

-Ronnan is no big loss but the only use for him is to let enemies catch him so they are easier to catch or let him get captured so you can go to 21X

-You get a better thief at 12X.

-You'll probably get Nanna back at 21X though she'll be underleveled (not sure)

-Makua is not high tier because she has low strength and growth and staff users are important in this game (at least get a C in staff rank)

-In 18 you can get a body ring from a chest, if you did went to 12x give it to Pahn and he should be able to steal most of the items in the game.

-(and adding more stuff when I think them)

Ronnan is no big loss but the only use for him is to let enemies catch him so they are easier to catch or let him get captured so you can go to 21X

Poor Ronan, why don't people scroll abuse him then? He does have good stats all around exept for Luck, hisMag could help him against mages and such.

Promoting Lara to thief fighter is kind of dumb.

But doesn't she promote to a Dancer later and then to a Theif fighter again?

Lara's three promotions give exactly the same bonuses as one thief -> thief fighter promotion. The only benefit is more levels to use her 10% strength and 5% build growth... but you could have used that Knight Proof on someone else.

Oh yeah, Lara also forgets how to dance.

Edited by dondon151

Seeing my Lara's stats...is it recommendable?

That depends on whether or not you want a dancer. All of her stats will decrease if she becomes a dancer, but she'll be able to refresh others.

Poor Ronan, why don't people scroll abuse him then? He does have good stats all around exept for Luck, hisMag could help him against mages and such.

Low strength and defense is harder to fix than low speed and skill thanks to scrolls.

The good ones for the former come late, while you get the good ones for the latter very early.

I use Tanya in place of him, sure, she lacks Str at first but at least her growth exist, and the enemies early game are quite easy so...

Who should I use for an axe knight? Hicks or Brighton? I'm currently training Hicks but I can't be too sure...

Is Felgus good, by the way?

And I use Fin, I think he is someone who should always be included, he's my favorite knight in FE4, he's still great here.

Take Brighton over Hicks. Wrath is better than slightly better growth rates. Fergus is good. His stats are good and his pursuit critical coefficient is set at 5, making him a critical machine. Fin is pretty awesome as well.

Edited by Musashi

If you're going to scroll abuse anyone, I'd suggest Marty, he's easier than Ronan.

Rona's problem are STR and DEF and the best STR scroll isn't obtained until chapter 18. The DEF scroll comes in at Chapter 14.

Marty's problems are obviously SKL and SPD and you get those before he shows up in Chapter 8. STR's an issue but it starts high enough and he's a great candidate for Wrath. Then there's also Brave Axe to help him level up.

Felgus is awesome, Karin support makes his critical rate on the second attack around 85% with 0 crit Sword at base level.

Edited by ?!

When you get to Chapter 15 go pick the Fort Option (if you visit the church with Leaf visiting the church with Leaf will end that level) You also get better characters on that route Eyrios (mage knight Olwen must not be recruited or is dead) Sleuf (Priest but with Rank A in staff) Mishia (mostly just to take her stuff you'll have to sleep staff her) and Amalda (Paladin A rank in swords C rank in staffs) B route is not good because you face more Dark mages with berserk staffs, a forest map and a ballista filled map. Characters on B route Shanam (Sword Master his bases are pathetic but he has Bargain skill), Miranda (Mage another Est in this game, but not worth it), Conomore (Paladin A Rank Swords and Lances you won't need him) Both routes have Sara (est character except shes worth it) in them but A route is easier to recruit her for you have to just enter the church with any character, B route Sara she will move places and might step on a "switch" that teleports her farther than your location, (you have to use Leaf or Salem for B route Sara)

H-Hey guys, thanks alot, although, I am training both Axe knights, Hicks started at a good lvl and I started training him and Brighton is also good cause of Wrath.

At least that way she'll have the most potential if you don't keep her a Dancer. Three promotions help.

lololollolol. Lara has way more potential staying as a dancer than becoming a thief fighter.

At least that way she'll have the most potential if you don't keep her a Dancer. Three promotions help.

lololollolol. Lara has way more potential staying as a dancer than becoming a thief fighter.

Indeed. Those 19 extra levels will only help her if you're abusing heavily... and on the other hand, you don't need those if you're already abusing that much.

Unless you have neither Lifis nor Pahn alive, I guess. In that case, perhaps you'd need a thief more than a dancer. And even then, perhaps.

I think I'll actually need to promote her to a Dancer and then once more to a Theif Fighter, I want to increase a few of her stats like Str and Bld, the hardest ones to get.

I think I'll actually need to promote her to a Dancer and then once more to a Theif Fighter, I want to increase a few of her stats like Str and Bld, the hardest ones to get.

You won't need nothing. I mean, she doesn't need str, nor bld. Using her as an offensive unit is dumb. She needs def, if anything.

Also, you get two good thieves, wasting a promo item with her is also dumb. She's at her best utility when dancing anyway.

Like I said before, I accidently let Rifis die :( , my Lara has awesome Str for her growth, she has like 12 Str and she sure launches quite the criticals, or must've been that Rapier I gave her...

Like I said before, I accidently let Rifis die :( , my Lara has awesome Str for her growth, she has like 12 Str and she sure launches quite the criticals, or must've been that Rapier I gave her...

Rapier gives auto crit against an armor, on a counterattack. Or you just got lucky. Either way, do not make her a Thief Fighter. Pahn does a hell of a good job, being even better than Lifis(except on availability), so use him.