Two surprises.

Emeraldfox

Though I might argue Falco Knights are terrible, I'm trying to explain how Intelligent Systems made the Falco Knight Vs. Draco Knight rift even MORE obvious.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure it WAS unintentional. IS either:

A. Is comprised of a bunch of retards who are scattered with some SMART people.

B. Hate Falco Knights.

C. Love Draco Knights.

D. Both B and C.

E. Wanted to put Falco Knights SOMEWHERE and decided not to make Dragon mounts their own class.

I mean, they made up the Dark Mage-> Sorcerer branch. Why not Wyvern Knight -> Draco Knight?

In a remake, they decide to not only add a game-breaking mechanic completely destroys the actual EXCLUSIVITY of nearly 95% of the cast, but to create a completely "New, Refreshing", and oh, UTTERLY USELESS class just to give Gharnef his own class.

Why not just add Wyvern Knights? Oh right, that's because they're LAZY.

Yes, Generals are OP'd as well, though this wasn't figured out until much later that other characters benefit just as much.

Other than these two necessary changes, Class Swap is not game breaking, and you're an idiot for thinking it is.

It might have been thoughtless planning on their part. In a "regular" FE title, Falcoknights are at least somewhat balanced against other classes for a few reasons:

1) Enemy distribution tends to be a bit more even. Other games have more axes and mages. Having a high Res is still not as good as a high Def, but at least it's not as huge a disparity in games that have more mage enemies. Other games also allow significant Res growth, so you can actually build concrete defense against casters as a Falco. In this game, Paladins are just as good at negating magic as Falcos are, which is usually the role they excel at in other games. Falcos have no unique defensive advantage here.

2) Evasion is unreliable in FEDS, because the formula is different. Only units that have supports and good Speed/Luck combo and weapon triangle advantage have anything approaching reliable dodge in this game. In other titles, the Falcoknight's high Speed/avo actually meant something, helping to close the durability gap. Enemy Forged weapons make evasion even worse in this game, to the extent that the only reliable survivability is a high HP/Def combo. In this category, Dracos are unquestionably better.

3) FEDS rewards flying less frequently than other titles. Only the Lord can visit villages, so that utility, often given to flyers in other titles, doesn't exist here. H5 is difficult enough that advancing solo or shortcutting across seas generally isn't rewarded.

I think the biggest problem with Falcoknights in FEDS is that they were never intended to be in this game in the first place; it's a remake, and the original game never balanced around them. If the Falcoknight class got a Res growth and more mages were added to the game, they'd instantly be better (and also offer something other classes don't strictly do better)

Edited by Blackbird

3) FEDS rewards flying less frequently than other titles. Only the Lord can visit villages, so that utility, often given to flyers in other titles, doesn't exist here. H5 is difficult enough that advancing solo or shortcutting across seas generally isn't rewarded.

Don't forget that the other big component of flying utility is the ability to rescue people and drop them anywhere on the map.

It feels like I've been playing FEDS so long now that I've forgotten about useful things like rescue =P. (Actually, I've found myself wishing for rescue many times in H5...)

Edited by Blackbird

I like Flaco Knights for the three sisters because it just seems right. Th have low hp but are kinda like Sword Masters with lances. I am working on a Flying team for WiFi so I will test how good Falcos are for that. There such a cool class though even if they do fail once I get them in WiFi it will still be worth it.

Dracoknights' utility does not entirely make up for their inability to survive Berserkers; they can ORKO Horsemen as well. Falcoknights are simply horrible (ORKO'd by anything with 29+ Spd).

Edited by Meteor