FE4 Gen 2 list

Dat Nick

How long does the Berserk status last? Because if it only lasts for about 5 turns, your berserked boss probably wouldn't have finished off his whole army by that time. They usually travel in packs of 10-15 or so... His army won't begin attacking the boss just because the boss is berserk, you considered that, right?

So basically, I can see his whole argument with the Berserk staff not doing much for your efficiency. You'll probably have to send part of your army over there anyways to finish off the rest when the boss un-berserks. Or you'll have to have a staff user sit behind and re-berserk.

btw, too much "omg that's stupid" and "what? how dare you challenge my opinions?" in this thread. No need to consider arguments personal attacks. >_>

Edited by Eltoshen

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got a right to say his argument is stupid if it's stupid. 40k for the prayer ring on Corple when we already spoon-feed him ridiclious amounts of gold for repairing staves? Yeah, it's stupid.

I've got a right to say his argument is stupid if it's stupid. 40k for the prayer ring on Corple when we already spoon-feed him ridiclious amounts of gold for repairing staves? Yeah, it's stupid.

Sylvia has prayer as a personal skill. Corple is her son.

Sylvia has prayer as a personal skill. Corple is her son.

I think it's well-established that Athena's boobs doesn't know the game too well.

I think it's well established that your penis is small.

I mean wow, I fucked up, just tell me that. Not like Mr. "Oh hey guys Volke is a good rescuer due to Shade" NEVER makes mistakes or stupid assumptions. That hard to believe I didn't pay attention to Sylvia's skills because people only care about using her for dance and most of the time she's even killed off?

Hey, aren't you the guy who made everybody lol with your ridiculous Rolf sandbagging on the premise he wasn't as good as other units so he is never entitled to a drop of EXP ever?

Edited by Athena's Chest

I mean wow, I fucked up, just tell me that. Not like Mr. "Oh hey guys Volke is a good rescuer due to Shade" NEVER makes mistakes or stupid assumptions. That hard to believe I didn't pay attention to Sylvia's skills because people only care about using her for dance and most of the time she's even killed off?

Hey, aren't you the guy who made everybody lol with your ridiculous Rolf sandbagging on the premise he wasn't as good as other units so he is never entitled to a drop of EXP ever?

I'm glad I said it nicely. (Of course, I made a mistake earlier in RD about the 1-P boss, so if I didn't say it nicely that would be bad.)

Also, just because Burian has a 20 weight weapon doesn't mean he isn't a hard boss. He's probably one of the hardest in the game, if not the hardest if it wasn't for Holsety (not counting Julius for obvious reasons). Your probably only dealing about ~10-2 damage against him without getting a critical, and only Holesety will really allow you to deal more than that. Additionally, he has 80HP and charge. He has charge activate about 40% of the time which will probably lead him to kill someone since the swanchika is a ranged weapon. And Corple is the worst holsety user to fight him with, since if his averages screw him over just a bit, he can get one shoted by him, though corple has the potential to drop his hit to zero. Also, he has a decent chance of not one rounding him and if he survives, he'll likely run away and may have the possibility of being healed a bit before he runs away, so.....

Alvis is far harder than Burian unless you want to argue the fact that Burian actually moves.

Shanan with Balmunk or Aless with Mistoltin can easily kill him. He doesn't have awareness.

Alvis has awareness and big shield, not to mention he's sitting on a castle. Plus, Alvis attacking with Falaflame gives him 70 might, hitting resistance. Burian with Swanchika gives him 57 might, hitting defense. If it even matters anymore, Alvis is statistically superior to Burian in everything except luck and defense, which he loses by 7 thanks to Swanchika's +20 boost.

Well I guess Burian may not be harder, but he is more dangerous since he can move and if the three Troubadours aren't killed they heal him. He can also resummon his army.

BTW I'd appreciate it if you don't call my arguments Shit.

No, because HighPriests have 5 movement.

Does six move actually see significantly more combat?

Oh, but the same doesn't apply to Holsety?

What is it with you contradicting yourself every other post?

There is no contradiction, point out how. The only thing going for Corple [Claude] is Reserve. Levn is actually good in the arena, he can actually afford to spare Corple a return ring and some B staves to pass down. You can easily sell the return ring and give reserve to Corple. Tada Corple [Claude] and Corple [Levn] exactly the same now before promotion. I guess Corple is bad because he denied someone the second return ring? I'm not advocating Corple [Levn] should get the reserve staff, but Corple [Claude] can just as easily not inherit the reserve staff for faster access too. They are still equal before promotion.

ClaudeCorple is not a crappy Corple.

Corple is always crappy Corple [Levn] is the best among the crap since they are in bottom tier >_>. Bottom tier means decent now?

Fine I'll make a conclusion from the points brought up

Corple [Levn]=Corple [Claude]

before promotion.

Reserve is dropped before Corple is joined by an enemy if not passed down. Levin can actually do well in the arena and can pass down B staves and a return ring, unlike claude who just fails for his lack of skills. Corple [Levn] sells the return ring and buys Reserve (easily can take 1 turn to do). Look they are now exactly the same except for what its worth Corple [Levn] has the potential to be a good dodger and attacker.

After promotion (Lets say Finale) obiviously:

Holsety!corple > no Holsety!corple

The win is the marginal benefit

Its really that simple. Prepromotion they are equal, after promoting they aren't (its obvious who is better).

I eagarly await your rebuttal on this and the Fee[Claude] > Fee [Levn] I proposed

Actually, 6 move somehow does magically make that much of a difference. That's part of the reason why Ardan and Azel aren't that great in gen 1.

Also, prepromotion, Corple!Claude is vastly greater than Corple!Levin, since he can use the valkyrie staff. Also, assuming that Corple can only inherit reserve if claude is his father (it has yet to be proven that he can't inherit it from Levin, or any other father, and according to serenes forest he SHOULD be able to inherit reserve from any parent) it would give him an extra 10 uses of it since he wouldn't have to spend money buying it.

Also, since when has Claude ever sucked in the arena? Despite the fact he has no skills, he does surprisingly well in the arena with the wind tome. He very rarely doesn't clear the entire arena for every chp he's available in.

What it really comes down to with Corple!levin vs corple!claude is that corple!claude works better and it's just unwise to give corple Holsety since he can only make use of it for one chapter really. Corple!Levin requires to much money and effort just to make full use of him for one chapter, and even then he isn't really all that great for that one chapter. Corple!Claude is good to go right from the start, and is fine for the rest of the game even if he doesn't promote.

As for Claude!Fee vs Levin!Fee, having 1 point better magic, and somewhat overkill 6 points better res at level 30 waiting for promotion to be really usefull is and being able to use better staves < reaching Claude!Fee's average speed at level 20, 3 points better skl, 6 points better str and hp (due to the convo), and continue before promotion and critical, (considering that Fee doesn't have a monopoly on the Hero Lance) allowing her to make good use of a javelien.

Edit: People, can post too fast sometimes......

Edited by Blademaster!

I'm glad I said it nicely. (Of course, I made a mistake earlier in RD about the 1-P boss, so if I didn't say it nicely that would be bad.)

I was replying to Eltoshen in case you missed it...[You two DID post at nearly the same time so I suppose it's possible, but in general I'm just paranoid]

Edited by Athena's Chest

I was replying to Eltoshen in case you missed it...[You two DID post at nearly the same time so I suppose it's possible, but in general I'm just paranoid]

Oh, I know. I was saying I'm glad I said it nicely or else I could have gotten something similar directed at me.

And basically, everyone makes small mistakes about skills or ranks or enemy mt or something from time to time. Suggesting that one or two little mistakes over time implies a person doesn't know a game was uncalled for, so it's not surprising you'd get upset about it.

lol. you amuse me.

let your ego rest. If you're going to continue calling other people stupid for making mistakes, don't be so pissed off when others call you out for the same.

got a taste of what it feels like, now?

Edited by Eltoshen

Oh, I know. I was saying I'm glad I said it nicely or else I could have gotten something similar directed at me.

And basically, everyone makes small mistakes about skills or ranks or enemy mt or something from time to time. Suggesting that one or two little mistakes over time implies a person doesn't know a game was uncalled for, so it's not surprising you'd get upset about it.

I didn't say his argument was stupid because he made a mistake.

I said it was stupid because it was stupid.

No. That's not what I'm talking about. You made a mistake. Someone was rude to you about it. You got upset about that. Understandable.

I was not rude in my correction. You did not respond negatively to my correcting you. The world keeps moving along happily.

You go by "generic boring plot device with even less personality than Sigurd", what should I expect?

No. That's not what I'm talking about. You made a mistake. Someone was rude to you about it. You got upset about that. Understandable.

I was not rude in my correction. You did not respond negatively to my correcting you. The world keeps moving along happily.

Oh no no no no, I agree it's understandbale. That was also directed at Eltoshen.

Edited by Athena's Chest

You go by "generic boring plot device with even less personality than Sigurd", what should I expect?

...maybe that I care for more things in a girl than their boobs?

Do you not notice the contradiction in your statement? He just did the same thing to the person above him. A mistake isn't only through the error itself, it can also be on how you interpret it.

...maybe that I care for more things in a girl than their boobs?

Do you want a cookie or something? I'm a perv who isn't interested in long term relationships. At least I'm honest about it.

Do you not notice the contradiction in your statement? He just did the same thing to the person above him. A mistake isn't only through the error itself, it can also be on how you interpret it.

I did the same thing because I fucked up.

Come to think of it, I kind of got sidetracked with this Eltoshen shit so I'll just apologize to Brighton now about the Prayer thing.

Edited by Athena's Chest

Nice job manning up.

Your sarcasm can be done without. Now, I believe Paperblade has something intelligent to say, so I'll keep my trap shut and listen to him.

Just for the record, I wasn't being sarcastic. I know it can be hard to tell since I tend to stay away from " :) "'s. Even then, I'm more likely serious when I do use them.

Well I guess Burian may not be harder, but he is more dangerous since he can move and if the three Troubadours aren't killed they heal him. He can also resummon his army.

True, I guess. You're most likely going to obliterate all his junkies before going after him, though.

Just to be clear: I'm pretty sure a Berserk enemy will never target your units if it can target its own, and if it can't target its own it won't attack at all (at least I believe that's the behavior of a berserked Arion).

That doesn't really make Berserk any more useful in any situation other than berserking Julius in ch10 to kill one of his own units and leave, and you have to do that with the sword anyway.

You get the benefit of your own leadership but not of your own Charisma. Part of the reason why bosses like Alvis and Arion are a PITA, since you can't dodgetank them and half your team can't hit them.

I don't think the developers were considering balance when giving castles 30 avoid and sticking units with stars on them. It's basically telling you to only use certain characters if you want to even touch them.

Not like other the other FEs are any better.

smash (12:19:39 AM): i wonder if FE will ever make a game

smash (12:19:43 AM): that has some semblance of balance

smash (12:19:51 AM): or are they just going to continue to give out random stats to everyone

smash (12:19:54 AM): kinda like what happened to

smash (12:19:55 AM): astrid

smash (12:19:56 AM): and

smash (12:19:57 AM): gatrie

Me (12:19:59 AM): ;/

smash (12:20:07 AM): GUYS

smash (12:20:13 AM): DO ANY OF YOU THINK GATRIE'S GROWTHS ARE TOO GOOD

smash (12:20:16 AM): NAH I THINK THEY'RE FINE

Your sarcasm can be done without. Now, I believe Paperblade has something intelligent to say, so I'll keep my trap shut and listen to him.

Dude, I'm not even following the conversation, I had like 2 dozen tabs up and was watching Freakazoid!

Edited by Paperblade

The forum said you were posting something for about 20 mins when I said that, so I assumed you had some huge long epic post about something to say.

GUYS DO ANY OF YOU THINK ZAGARO IS TOO EPIC IF WE RECLASS HIM TO HERO, I MEAN NOW HE HAS PASSABLE BASES AND BROKEN GROWTHS

NAH HE'S A PREPROMOTE HE CAN'T POSSIBLY BE GOOD, LOL. PLUS HIS EXP GAIN IS TOO SLOW

Then Dave reprogrammed the EXP formula to favor prepromotes, and the rest is history.

This is probably why I changed my favorite FE game to FE7, I daresay it's the most balanced game in the series simply because you can't say there's any perfect or even uber h4x character in it. Even top guys like Marcus and Raven have notable problems, Marcus's is his midgame/late-endgame to an extent and Raven's is his durability.

Edited by Athena's Chest

The forum said you were posting something for about 20 mins when I said that, so I assumed you had some huge long epic post about something to say.

GUYS DO ANY OF YOU THINK ZAGARO IS TOO EPIC IF WE RECLASS HIM TO HERO, I MEAN NOW HE HAS PASSABLE BASES AND BROKEN GROWTHS

NAH HE'S A PREPROMOTE HE CAN'T POSSIBLY BE GOOD, LOL. PLUS HIS EXP GAIN IS TOO SLOW

Then Dave reprogrammed the EXP formula to favor prepromotes, and the rest is history.

My strategy for the last 10 or so chapters of H5 was just Warp General!Sedgar to the Throne with Gradius and the Star/Lightspheres and watch as everything suicided onto him, then Warp Marth to the throne. It was pretty funny watching the credits because when listing turn count all of a sudden all the chapters started being like 1 turn, 2 turn, 2 turn, 3 turn, 1 turn. >_>

This is probably why I changed my favorite FE game to FE7, I daresay it's the most balanced game in the series simply because you can't say there's any perfect or even uber h4x character in it. Even top guys like Marcus and Raven have notable problems, Marcus's is his midgame/late-endgame to an extent and Raven's is his durability.

Well, we still have units like Nino and Karla. It's just the Top Tier units aren't unstoppable demigods who have no weakness.

And yeah, I get distracted easily. >_>

Well, we still have units like Nino and Karla. It's just the Top Tier units aren't unstoppable demigods who have no weakness.

Well, shit at the bottom of the barrel is better than breaking the game a la Seth. Even those two aren't GOD GOD awful, I'd much rather have Nino over Est and Karla over Arran/Lorenz.