What would YOU want in a new FE

Mister Cold

I want more and better Pegasus Knights.

I want a good plotline. Keep in mind that I rank the FE plotlines roughly like this:

1. FE10

2. FE9

3. FE7

4. FE8

5. FE11

And I don't consider FE10's plotline good, just slightly more interesting than the competition.

I want Fixed Mode back.

I want units with ridiculously high defense that aren't Generals or Wyvern Lords or Paladins.

I want BEXP.

I want the game to reward me for training up units from a low level.

I want more affinities, specifically, more of the cool ones. I want affinities to do more.

I want Priests/Clerics to be removed from the game. I hate Priests/Clerics!

I want a difficulty curve. Preferably curving upward instead of downwards.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marcia in fe9 wasn't good enough for your? I can tell from your ranking of plotlines you've never played fe4. Depending on her father Fee can be pretty good. Unless you are looking for best unit in the game. Marcia and Tanith in fe9 are high tier. Sure, they aren't top, but what more do you want?

I want units with ridiculously high defense that aren't Generals or Wyvern Lords or Paladins.

Ike. 'nuff said.

for others, though:

Mordecai, Giffca, Cain.

Aran (eventually, for a little while).

Gareth (not that it mattered much)

Marcia in fe9 wasn't good enough for your? I can tell from your ranking of plotlines you've never played fe4. Depending on her father Fee can be pretty good. Unless you are looking for best unit in the game. Marcia and Tanith in fe9 are high tier. Sure, they aren't top, but what more do you want?

Ike. 'nuff said.

for others, though:

Mordecai, Giffca, Cain.

Aran (eventually, for a little while).

Gareth (not that it mattered much)

I know that Marcia/Tanith are good. But there are only 2 Falcoknights in the whole game, and like 6 Paladins and 5 Sages and 3 Generals. I would like to be able to make whole teams just of one class, like 12 Snipers or 12 Falcoknights or 12 Halberdiers.

And, funny you should mention Aran, since he was exactly what I had in mind when I was writing that. Only more characters like him. It sucks that the DB have only 1 character with good Defense. I want to have more flexibility with my army.

I think some steampunk would do this series some good. The evil kingdom inventing gunpowder and train engines and stuff fighting against the good kingdom who uses magic and whatnot would be interesting I think.

I want steampunk mamkutes!

Just thought of some more things I'd like to see.

FE2's equipment - Such as armor. The unit equips it while its in its items, obviously taking up a spot, and its defense goes up but its speed goes down. Other things like that, just no Angel Ring as that was crazy. Someone else mentioned mounts working like this as well, though it may need to take up more than one space. Obviously you'd only be able to wear one suit of armor at a time, and it could have durability as well.

FE2 or 4's durability - Make the weapons rarer but make them last longer and so that you have to repair them after a certain amount of time, or just go back to FE2's indestructible weapons.

Skills come at set levels so that some characters aren't broken out the door.

Have most A supports mean something. Change a personal skill, unlock a chapter/enemy/recruit able character, unlock a weapon, so on.

I like this. Play more to the RPG side of the SRPG. On the same note, I did like the magic system that was in FE2. Tomes and Staves, possibly other weapons if they go back to hybrid magic/melee classes, could either just boost magic or give access to stronger spells that are only available through the item.

If they remake FE6 for any ridiculous reason, they need to reference FE7 like, three times as much and to add skills.

I don't think they should reamake it, mind you, but if they were to, I'd rather have most prepromotes be from FE7, instead of random nobodies. Add some chapters to the game, especially two or three after Roy promotes. Make the weapons more epic without being overpowered.

Add difficulty and skills. Maybe 2 gens FE7 and FE6?

I would love to see this and just make it a huge game to flesh out Elibe and its backstory more. I have something partially written up for it but its basically only what would be the new prologue for the game, which would be both FE6 and 7.

I would like future games to retain Path of Radiance's method of promotion; two tiers, promote when the first tier reaches Lv20. I dislike it when I end up with one of my character's reaching Level 20 before their promotion item shows up; this happens frequently with my Lord units in Blazing Sword (not that the system should apply to Lords, of course). Then again, the only real time when I've had a large number of units reach Level 20 before their promotion items show up was in MK404's Blazing Sword hack, as opposed to one-to-three people reach it ("it" being Level 20 prior to promotion items being common), at which point I let them hang around where they started off for the map so everyone else can gain EXP. Or simply don't use them, of course.

Besides that? A game that isn't a remake; or if it is a remake, have it be a remake of one of the SNES games.

Edited by Allan's Aokage

I want more enemy Pegasus Knights...

There was a real creepy enemy pegasus Knight in 4 who murdered her own sister. Here's her portrait sprites. Actually that whole level was full of female enemies not just pegasus knights. At the end there were 3 evil pegasus sisters who could even triangle attack. But other then 4 and 5 there are no generic female bosses or generic female enemies unless there is no other choice.

More playable Shamans or, hell, any Dark Magic users. One of the things that irked me about Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn was the lack of Dark Magic. Also, I think they should bring back the Class system from Sacred Stones. I thought it add more variety and choices to the game.

Oh, and something that irked me about the GBA games.

Dark magic users shouldn't be called Shamans/Druids. Shamans/Druids are nature lovers. Go play ANY other game with Druids (hell, open a dictionary), they're nature loving hippies that have like a 95% chance of being able to turn into an animal.

Speaking of which, I think that if IS wants to include Laguz-type units without having to play the lolracism lolseparate races card (which is already overplayed as far as things go), they could have Druids. Liek, people who turn into birds and stuff. And just call dark magic users wizards or sorcerors or dark mages or warlocks or something. Might be interesting to see how that plays out, since maybe they could transform into different "classes". I dunno.

Edited by Paperblade

Well, there's Micaiah.

And we all know how that turned out ...

not her fault, mages just Suck in FE10,

they need a new caps list for mages tho, all mages are weak against mellee fighters but strong against each other ...

make a Sage that's got godly defences but lower speed, hell

make Mages more like the mellee classes >.> (a Berzerker type Dark User would be ownage)

There was a real creepy enemy pegasus Knight in 4 who murdered her own sister. Here's her portrait sprites. Actually that whole level was full of female enemies not just pegasus knights. At the end there were 3 evil pegasus sisters who could even triangle attack. But other then 4 and 5 there are no generic female bosses or generic female enemies unless there is no other choice.

Catalena in FE10?

FE10, but longer, with more characters/classes, fully functioning supports (but still keeping the system for supporting anyone), more balance, some new/modified skills, fixed caps so all the classes can succeed, and characters don't get screwed for having a class which rapes their growths, and maybe something cool like the Class Change system.

FE10 was really good, to me, and I think it's definitely a good base.

If there going to make a new Fire Emblem game I would like to see Fire Emblem 4 for DS. The best new features could include the ability to customize your main lord (something i`ve always wanted), where you set their growths and can pick 2 of their final weapon abilities (up to A rank). Third-tier promotions would be a major improvement. Example: Sage Levin - Archsage Levin.

Catalena in FE10?

And also a Falcon Knight by the name of Sigourney in FE6.

After that, all of these classes lead to a single, awesome class:

Legend: A heroic example of might and all that is good.

Qualities:

Sword: SS

Lance: SS

Axe: SS

Bow: SS

Anima: SS

Light: SS

Dark: SS

Staff: SS

Armored

Horseback

-----------

I shit you not. You get this awesome, Lord unit.

At the end of the game, and I mean LAST FREAKING LEVEL. Not even from the beginning, either; you get this on the second part, but I won't spoil my story for you...

So a Gato who we have some attachment to, as opposed to the kind that just rocks up at Endgame drunk?

Elimination of Jeigan characters.

Character balance in general--no Nino/Est/Arran/etc totally worthless units.

Make bosses move around the map, please.

1 and 2. You want to eliminate two of the most famous character archetypes in the series?

3. Plenty do, at least on hard mode. You can only count on seize bosses and the final boss to be stationary.

Jeigans and Ests are annoying as hell. The former comes in two types: Too good and thus is leaps and bounds ahead of everyone else in existence (See: Titania, Seth) or terrible and is thus used as a babysitter until the team surpasses them at which point they sit in the bench (See: Marcus, Dagda, H5 Jeigan).

And Ests are just plain awful (See: Est, Corple, Nino, Ewan, Amelia). The only one who passes for decent is Tormod, who's technically not even an Est since he joins before most of your team is going to promoted.

Edited by Paperblade

Dark magic users shouldn't be called Shamans/Druids. Shamans/Druids are nature lovers. Go play ANY other game with Druids (hell, open a dictionary), they're nature loving hippies that have like a 95% chance of being able to turn into an animal.

For the Hive Mind! Hurrah for the glorious leader of the Hive Mind!

Some of the older lords used Magic, iirc. And a lot of hacks have them, too :) Also; they still can't balance two or three tiers, don't go begging for a fourth n.n

If there going to make a new Fire Emblem game I would like to see Fire Emblem 4 for DS. The best new features could include the ability to customize your main lord (something i`ve always wanted), where you set their growths and can pick 2 of their final weapon abilities (up to A rank). Third-tier promotions would be a major improvement. Example: Sage Levin - Archsage Levin.

You know, asking for a remake of FE4, then asking for something that would violate the spirit of FE4 is... not a good idea.

Also; Ewan and Amelia are like Est? How?

...why am I trying to give criticism on an ideas thread? ._.