Reasons to buy a PS3...

Jyosua

Agree? Yes or no.  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Reasons: Valkyria Chronicles, Disgaea 3, BlazBlue

This generation of consoles is weird.

The Wii I find to just be a piece of plastic. I literally have not touched it the past year, and I've only had it a year and a half. My Sega Genesis has less dust, and I only have 3 games on it, nor was I growing up with Sega so I still play it for sentimental reasons. None of the games have me coming for more and just feel like crap I don't care for. They managed to make a boring-ass Metroid game, I didn't even think that was possible. Say what you want about Echoes, I liked the atmosphere it exuded . Only Wii game I like is Okami, and that's not even exclusive, so I could have gotten it for the PS2. Admittedly though, probably the only game that puts the wiimote to proper use outside of Twilight Princess, another borefest of a game. Everything about the Wii is just disapointing otherwise, it's main function is basically to free the clutter of having old consoles clattered everywhere. Clears space, a data infinite to replace games that otherwise run on limited cartridge batteries, no having to hunt down new games on Ebay or random game stores...

Xbox360 games are basically PC games without the benefits of PC games. Some are even hashed down versions of PC games (Left 4 Dead). Halo is a fine multiplayer game, but it's otherwise a sad excuse of a series. It's one of those games I'd prefer they just make maps and update the multiplayer aspect in patches. GoW is retarded to play by yourself. Pretty much everything else isn't exclusive, or are better on the PC. Basically, it's a "bring your friends over to watch your 360 get Red Ring of Death". Dead Rising though? Fucktons of fun.

PS3 sounds like everything you'd ever want, and the first thing that threw people off was the steep price. Only real complaint I guess would be that you have to let the game install first before you play, no backwards compatibility (at least the new cheaper ones), and that it has more movie games than game games. Like a majority is cutscenes than actual gameplay, like MGS4, Uncharted, RE5. Like a good majority is just cutscenes which after the first time become nothing more than interruptions to playing the game. I can't really make a solid opinion though, as I've never had the chance to actually play one.

PC gaming sounds like the real winner this time around. You probably already have a PC to consider, Team Fortress 2, Portal, Fallout 3, Left 4 Dead, Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3 on the horizon, the customizable aspect (none of this customize the gameplay bullshit which potentially breaks the game or are meaningless, I mean making mods and shit like that, things you can only do on a PC), getting to play all the games of old outside of perhaps those MS_DOS ones (Wolfenstein 3-D...), and some games the makers will patch over if there are any bugs or glitches. It makes me weep that I have a Mac that can't do any of this shit.

Sorry, felt like saying that, since the topic started discussing other systems. But on topic, I will say this concerning the PS3...

Disgaea 3, Dead Rising 2

*Macho Man Randy Savage YEEEAAAHH!!*

Wii is great for party games. Other than that, it fails pretty hard as a 1 person game system.

My PS3 has full PS2 and PS1 backwards compatibility, plus the bluray player, which makes it ungodly awesome in the first place. Then there's the large number of PS3 exclusive titles that I really love. I first thought the Wii won this generation. I then found out how wrong I was.

As you said though, PC owns the 360, and I have a God Computer that can play every game currently on the market on full settings at 60 FPS with no lag. Check and Mate.

Woah woah woah, wait a second, Dead Rising 2 for the PS3? FUCKING WIN!

You're either misinformed or have a bias against the new generation of gaming. Sure, not every game is new and exciting, and most of the time its just another dreck of a FPS.

But Alan Wake? No way is it a first person shooter. And I really wouldn't call myself a troll unless you actually saw it as a personal attack. In which case, hi fanboy.

Not the point though. I just think 360 has the overall better games. Yes, PS3 has inFamous, LittleBigPlanet, and Uncharted 2. But Xbox has answers for all of those.

Oh, and:

Mass Effect 2 is worth it, Left 4 Dead 2 is better for the PC anyhow, and everything else you named can go die in a fire for all I care.

1. True.

2. Also true.

3. Talk about blatant disregard. Conviction is one of the most promising titles this year in a long-running and successful series and Alan Wake looks great so far. Dunno about Crackdown 2 however.

Also, i remember something vague: Xbox 360 has take MANY of the "supposed" PS3 exclusives, including Assassin's Creed, Grand Theft Auto 4, and, the biggest punch in the face, Metal Gear Solid 4. Yes, you could call it the Raiden Spinoff but a catch is a catch.

Yes, PS3 has equally good games that can match up: but here are some counters.

Heavenly Sword: I get this one a lot but they fail to mention how innately similar it is to God of War/2. You might as well buy the latter as well, because those are better too.

Uncharted 1: This game has problems with it. First of all, Nathan Drake is ANNOYING. AS. FUCK. Those one liners aren't clever; they're corny. The last thing I wanted in Uncharted 2 was in co-op; where I'd have to deal with TWO wise-cracking Nathan Drakes. Also include some ridiculously forgiving platforming and occasionally frustrating gunfights , and some substories are undeveloped.

Also, don't forget that the PS3 has plenty of bad exclusives; maybe more so than Xbox 360's.

You're a troll because you waltzed into a PS3 thread and started talking how great the 360 is in comparison, and how one should just forget the PS3 and just buy a 360. That's called trolling. It's like walking into an enemy's territory, and telling them how their national pastime sucks, and yours is better, whilst in the middle of a war.

Like I said, all the other games you mentioned, I honestly don't give a shit about.

As for MGS4, it's not coming to the 360. No, you get some shitty spinoff title nobody really cares about. That's like if they were to release Pokemon Mystery Dungeon on the PSP. Nobody would care, because it's not Platinum, HeartGold, or SoulSilver. That said, I don't like the MGS franchise. Even if it did get ported, I couldn't care less.

That's not the point. Xbox 360 is getting a game for a series that was SUPPOSED to be PS3 exclusive.

MGS was never PS exclusive. Do you know what system the first MG game came out on? A Microsoft system - the MSX. MGS2 was on the Xbox as well. See, you're not a fan of the series. You probably don't even know what happened in MGS4, so you don't know why everyone knows MGS: Rising is going to suck. You came into this topic to troll and wage your fanboy video-game wars.

This generation has made me ashamed of my hobby.

To top that off, the game was then rereleased for the NES. XD

Oh and Oliver, good going flaming us and calling us dipshit fanboys. 8D Did I ever once say I would never buy a 360? No, but it's last on my list because the PC versions are always better, and the ONLY reason I would buy the 360 version instead is if the PC version is laced with SecuROM, not that you even know what that is. ;D

Warning given.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'M sick of Final Fantasy.

It never ends, so why is it called FINAL Fanta-

*shot*

But really, they've milked it.

I agree. Totally.

The reason i consider PS3 over 360 is because of free online. Also durability. Ive heard alot of people talk about how fragile the 360 is.

EDIT: Yeah backward compatibility or lack thereof kinda hurts the PS3 but oh well.

Edited by Alucard

The Wii I find to just be a piece of plastic. I literally have not touched it the past year, and I've only had it a year and a half. My Sega Genesis has less dust, and I only have 3 games on it, nor was I growing up with Sega so I still play it for sentimental reasons. None of the games have me coming for more and just feel like crap I don't care for. They managed to make a boring-ass Metroid game, I didn't even think that was possible. Say what you want about Echoes, I liked the atmosphere it exuded . Only Wii game I like is Okami, and that's not even exclusive, so I could have gotten it for the PS2. Admittedly though, probably the only game that puts the wiimote to proper use outside of Twilight Princess, another borefest of a game. Everything about the Wii is just disapointing otherwise, it's main function is basically to free the clutter of having old consoles clattered everywhere. Clears space, a data infinite to replace games that otherwise run on limited cartridge batteries, no having to hunt down new games on Ebay or random game stores...

Xbox360 games are basically PC games without the benefits of PC games. Some are even hashed down versions of PC games (Left 4 Dead). Halo is a fine multiplayer game, but it's otherwise a sad excuse of a series. It's one of those games I'd prefer they just make maps and update the multiplayer aspect in patches. GoW is retarded to play by yourself. Pretty much everything else isn't exclusive, or are better on the PC. Basically, it's a "bring your friends over to watch your 360 get Red Ring of Death". Dead Rising though? Fucktons of fun.

PS3 sounds like everything you'd ever want, and the first thing that threw people off was the steep price. Only real complaint I guess would be that you have to let the game install first before you play, no backwards compatibility (at least the new cheaper ones), and that it has more movie games than game games. Like a majority is cutscenes than actual gameplay, like MGS4, Uncharted, RE5. Like a good majority is just cutscenes which after the first time become nothing more than interruptions to playing the game. I can't really make a solid opinion though, as I've never had the chance to actually play one.

PC gaming sounds like the real winner this time around. You probably already have a PC to consider, Team Fortress 2, Portal, Fallout 3, Left 4 Dead, Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3 on the horizon, the customizable aspect (none of this customize the gameplay bullshit which potentially breaks the game or are meaningless, I mean making mods and shit like that, things you can only do on a PC), getting to play all the games of old outside of perhaps those MS_DOS ones (Wolfenstein 3-D...), and some games the makers will patch over if there are any bugs or glitches. It makes me weep that I have a Mac that can't do any of this shit.

Sorry, felt like saying that, since the topic started discussing other systems. But on topic, I will say this concerning the PS3...

Disgaea 3, Dead Rising 2

Wii is great for party games. Other than that, it fails pretty hard as a 1 person game system.

My PS3 has full PS2 and PS1 backwards compatibility, plus the bluray player, which makes it ungodly awesome in the first place. Then there's the large number of PS3 exclusive titles that I really love. I first thought the Wii won this generation. I then found out how wrong I was.

As you said though, PC owns the 360, and I have a God Computer that can play every game currently on the market on full settings at 60 FPS with no lag. Check and Mate.

You're either misinformed or have a bias against the new generation of gaming. Sure, not every game is new and exciting, and most of the time its just another dreck of a FPS.

But Alan Wake? No way is it a first person shooter. And I really wouldn't call myself a troll unless you actually saw it as a personal attack. In which case, hi fanboy.

Not the point though. I just think 360 has the overall better games. Yes, PS3 has inFamous, LittleBigPlanet, and Uncharted 2. But Xbox has answers for all of those.

Oh, and:

Mass Effect 2 is worth it, Left 4 Dead 2 is better for the PC anyhow, and everything else you named can go die in a fire for all I care.

1. True.

2. Also true.

3. Talk about blatant disregard. Conviction is one of the most promising titles this year in a long-running and successful series and Alan Wake looks great so far. Dunno about Crackdown 2 however.

Also, i remember something vague: Xbox 360 has take MANY of the "supposed" PS3 exclusives, including Assassin's Creed, Grand Theft Auto 4, and, the biggest punch in the face, Metal Gear Solid 4. Yes, you could call it the Raiden Spinoff but a catch is a catch.

Heavenly Sword: I get this one a lot but they fail to mention how innately similar it is to God of War/2. You might as well buy the latter as well, because those are better too.

Uncharted 1: This game has problems with it. First of all, Nathan Drake is ANNOYING. AS. FUCK. Those one liners aren't clever; they're corny. The last thing I wanted in Uncharted 2 was in co-op; where I'd have to deal with TWO wise-cracking Nathan Drakes. Also include some ridiculously forgiving platforming and occasionally frustrating gunfights , and some substories are undeveloped.

Also, don't forget that the PS3 has plenty of bad exclusives; maybe more so than Xbox 360's.

You're a troll because you waltzed into a PS3 thread and started talking how great the 360 is in comparison, and how one should just forget the PS3 and just buy a 360. That's called trolling. It's like walking into an enemy's territory, and telling them how their national pastime sucks, and yours is better, whilst in the middle of a war.

Like I said, all the other games you mentioned, I honestly don't give a shit about.

As for MGS4, it's not coming to the 360. No, you get some shitty spinoff title nobody really cares about. That's like if they were to release Pokemon Mystery Dungeon on the PSP. Nobody would care, because it's not Platinum, HeartGold, or SoulSilver. That said, I don't like the MGS franchise. Even if it did get ported, I couldn't care less.

That's not the point. Xbox 360 is getting a game for a series that was SUPPOSED to be PS3 exclusive.

MGS was never PS exclusive. Do you know what system the first MG game came out on? A Microsoft system - the MSX. MGS2 was on the Xbox as well. See, you're not a fan of the series. You probably don't even know what happened in MGS4, so you don't know why everyone knows MGS: Rising is going to suck. You came into this topic to troll and wage your fanboy video-game wars.

Oh and Oliver, good going flaming us and calling us dipshit fanboys. 8D Did I ever once say I would never buy a 360? No, but it's last on my list because the PC versions are always better, and the ONLY reason I would buy the 360 version instead is if the PC version is laced with SecuROM, not that you even know what that is. ;D

Warning given.

1. Wait, I'm a troll for stating my opinion on whether or not he should get a PS3? And suggest something DIFFERENT?!? :o That screams troll as much as this witch-hunt seems fair.

2. You know, when I'm fighting against somebody who is blatantly attacking me for little to no good reason, I'm usually directing it AT THAT PERSON. Not at the PS3 Community as a whole, but at that person. Way to make yourself feel more important, Jyosua.

3. There ARE games on the 360 that one should not get on the PC. Bioshock and Prototype instantly come to mind. Those games on a PC have more bugs than a beehive. But yeah, PC can be awesome. TF2 was my life a few months back.

4. It's fair if you want to claim that PC is the best system out right now. But if I go in there calling you a troll because you're displaying "PC Elitism", then you can check back on this thread to see what a hypocrite you are.

Oh, and one other thing:

Poor troll is poor. 360 is for casual gamers who weren't into video games before things like FPS came around. Mass Effect 2 is worth it, Left 4 Dead 2 is better for the PC anyhow, and everything else you named can go die in a fire for all I care. Though Gears of War was a good game to let loose some stress on.

This is more of a lame, unsupported opinion than the average fanboy can conjure up. I'm not one for elitism. I'm just saying what I feel to be an accurate opinion, but that doesn't justify you coming in and giving me a warning for saying something different.

You know what I think? I think we need those old admins back. I don't want the Jyostapo to crucify me every time I explain why I think 360 is faring better than the PS3.

But in retrospect, the only thing that ABSOLUTELY rapes everything else:

is the generation two generations back. N64 was my childhood. :3

EDIT: And judging from the poll, it seems people may agree with what I've said.

Edited by OliverXRenning

Disgaea 3, Dead Rising 2

Oh, and:

1. True.

2. Also true.

Warning given.

1. Wait, I'm a troll for stating my opinion on whether or not he should get a PS3? And suggest something DIFFERENT?!? :o That screams troll as much as this witch-hunt seems fair.

2. You know, when I'm fighting against somebody who is blatantly attacking me for little to no good reason, I'm usually directing it AT THAT PERSON. Not at the PS3 Community as a whole, but at that person. Way to make yourself feel more important, Jyosua.

3. There ARE games on the 360 that one should not get on the PC. Bioshock and Prototype instantly come to mind. Those games on a PC have more bugs than a beehive. But yeah, PC can be awesome. TF2 was my life a few months back.

4. It's fair if you want to claim that PC is the best system out right now. But if I go in there calling you a troll because you're displaying "PC Elitism", then you can check back on this thread to see what a hypocrite you are.

Oh, and one other thing:

Poor troll is poor. 360 is for casual gamers who weren't into video games before things like FPS came around. Mass Effect 2 is worth it, Left 4 Dead 2 is better for the PC anyhow, and everything else you named can go die in a fire for all I care. Though Gears of War was a good game to let loose some stress on.

This is more of a lame, unsupported opinion than the average fanboy can conjure up. I'm not one for elitism. I'm just saying what I feel to be an accurate opinion, but that doesn't justify you coming in and giving me a warning for saying something different.

You know what I think? I think we need those old admins back. I don't want the Jyostapo to crucify me every time I explain why I think 360 is faring better than the PS3.

But in retrospect, the only thing that ABSOLUTELY rapes everything else:

is the generation two generations back. N64 was my childhood. :3

EDIT: And judging from the poll, it seems people may agree with what I've said.

You trolled. We responded. You got mad and flamed people. You got warned. Funny how that didn't turn out like you expected. Whine moar. This thread is not "Reasons why or why not to buy a PS3" it's "Reasons to buy a PS3". We're not talk about any other system here. We're not talking about convincing someone that another system is superior. We are ONLY discussing the things the PS3 has to it's advantage. If you want to start a "reasons for buying a 360" thread, be my guest. I already have bought a PS3. I bought one several month ago. There was no reason to try to convince me otherwise. I stated I bought one in another thread I made when I bought it, because it was awesome. Now, go take your unwarranted opinion off somewhere else, it's dirtying up my floor.

And old admins? I'm the only root admin here, and always have been. The only other admin that's been here is Vincent, because he made the mainsite.

I already have bought a PS3. I bought one several month ago. There was no reason to try to convince me otherwise. I stated I bought one in another thread I made when I bought it, because it was awesome. Now, go take your unwarranted opinion off somewhere else, it's dirtying up my floor.

Wait, you already own a PS3? I was suggesting games for you because I thought you wanted help picking out other good ones. Well then, now I feel dumb :P.

I already have bought a PS3. I bought one several month ago. There was no reason to try to convince me otherwise. I stated I bought one in another thread I made when I bought it, because it was awesome. Now, go take your unwarranted opinion off somewhere else, it's dirtying up my floor.

Wait, you already own a PS3? I was suggesting games for you because I thought you wanted help picking out other good ones. Well then, now I feel dumb :P.

Well I only have a library of about 5 PS3 games, so the suggestions did not fall on deaf ears. XD

Yes, it did :) I've been talking with a bunch of people who own PS3. Since I am in love with RPGs I would like to play..well...VC...I have a little obsession with that game. Eternal Sonata, Demons Souls, Last Remnant (if it comes out for PS3), Tales of Vesperia. 360 has its share of good RPGs but again, Valkyria Chronicles. :P

Careful with Demon's Souls. It's pretty hard! I'm not particularly good at games outside of the SRPG genre, but I've never played a console game that difficult before <_<. I'm not a big WRPG fan either, but it's fun when you get used to it. Check out a few videos before picking it up, as it's a $50 game right now. It's a mix of Oblivion and Monster Hunter.

Oblivion/Fallout3 are very good games for 360 but the DLC for Fallout3 cost too much (I have them also)

Oblivion is like (medieval RPG)

Fallout 3 (future RPG)

Anyways its your choice to get a PS3 or not

Edited by Nagi

I like a good challenge :P nothing cheap though. I've played neither Oblivion or Monster Hunter but I hear good things about them.

Any other PS3 titles worth mentioning? Not just RPGs, but other types.

Mostly just what I listed in my posts. Those are the best exclusives I've played on PS3, but I obviously haven't played all of games on the system. I'm not gonna recommend something I haven't played, as I wouldn't know anything about it :P.

Uncharted 2 is the fifth highest rated game of all time, just behind Super Mario World. You can get the first Uncharted for $20 as well. They're action/platformer games. Think Tomb Raider, except way better. If you already own a PS2, chances are you're a Ratchet & Clank fan. There are three R&C games on PS3 right now and they're all great. InFAMOUS is made by Sucker Punch, the creators of the Sly Cooper series. It's the highest rated sandbox super hero game on any console. I liked it quite a bit, so check it out if you're into that kind of thing :P.

Really depends on what other genres you like. Here's a good site to look at average scores by genre and platform

Because graphics=good game, amiright?

Graphics are definitely a major contributor in how good a game is, depending on what they do with it. Atmosphere is extremely important to me in a game, that's why ICO and Shadow of the Colossus are my two favorite games. They could not have pulled that off on PS1 or N64.

Having good graphics just to say the graphics are good doesn't impress me any, though. I'm looking at every FPS and TPS out there when I say this.

Or Twilight Princess.

ESPECIALLY. Though Wii graphics are technically inferior. I'd go so far to say they were worse than the PS2's.

... You know what they need to come out with already? Or, if they HADN'T removed Clover Studios for not making enough crappy Megaman Battle Network games?

Either Viewtiful Joe 3 or Okami 2.

Super mario galaxy's graphics weren't bad, and there's some rubbish graphics on the 360 and PS3 as well *Points at Prototype*, just a fewer amount.

SMG 2 is a step in the right direction, as is "New super Mario Bros". I don't really want an Okami 2, not enougth replayability IMO.

That's just about Okami's only real problem; if the devs can expand upon that, they will make GotY.

And Galaxy was overrated a bit much. It's no SM64, that's for sure. SMG2 seems to be milking it, but then again, THE WII PRINTS MONEY.

New Super Mario Bros is a nice addition to the Mario 2.5D sidescroller.

And yes, Prototype had some shit graphics, but it felt so much more powerful and fluid than inFamous.

But inFamous is miles and away better.