Metroid: Other M

CGV

Other M is one of the things that I plain disagree with Malstrom.

Finally a Metroid not done by Retro Studios after so long. I think that spending some time on character development won't be that bad for Metroid since it'll make Samus less of a female Crono in heavy armor. Not to mention that the trailer hints at improved combat which was mostly "shoot at the enemy until it dies" before.

Also "Remember me?".

I'm talking about how you can't do much other than shoot something from your arm while the Other M trailer hints at some crazy acrobatics that go along with the shooting.

You know, crazy acrobatics existed in the 2D Metroid games.

You probably forgot though, because the Prime games are so contrastingly unacrobatic in comparison.

Edited by FE3 Player

For the purpose of preserving Samus's character, I just hope there is not too much fanservice (its undoubtedly going to be in their since it is a Metroid game, but I'm just hoping she doesn't have her boobs bouncing in every scene she is wearing her suit in or something along those lines. It IS Team Ninja who is making this game after all.)

Game play wise, it looks great, and the CG cutscenes look amazing. I can't wait for this game. And the fact that it takes place after super metroid will also be pretty interesting.

I admit the game does look good, but my god everyone at Nintendo must have been drunk when they decided to let team ninja develop it. Samus is a bounty hunter not a stripper Nintendo should remember that.

I admit the game does look good, but my god everyone at Nintendo must have been drunk when they decided to let team ninja develop it. Samus is a bounty hunter not a stripper Nintendo should remember that.

Technically, Samus strips into skimpy outfits every single game.

Yea can't wait for this game honestly. I love both the 3d and 2d metroids except for hunters due to stylus so I'm just hoping this is a good game and that team ninja doesn't screw up. Ninja Gaiden difficulty would be epic... without all the camera problems the first ninja gaiden had. I had ninja gaiden 2 but I didn't get very far cause my 360 rrod'd so I wouldn't know if they fixed the camera or not honestly.

Anyway you can't see how bad the camera is in the main story the first time on normal or easy but when you get into the higher difficulties especially in the missions the camera was arguably your greatest enemy at times. I only was able to get master ninja on a few of the missions.

Most of the work is still done by the Super Metroid guys so it's all good.

If its anything like DOA (relying solidly on wannabe soft-core) I'd really rather stick to the primes

Edited by mikethfc

Maelstrom's post seems kind of confused. At one point he criticizes Sakamoto for attributing Metroid's success to interest in Samus' charater, which I think may be just (although my bro knew samus was a girl before he bought the game, and the few other people I know who played the original metroid also knew). But at another point, he gives linearity as the reason for metroid fusion's lack of success, which is ridiculous since it's the same kind of argument Sakamoto made - the relative linearity of fusion is something gamers only discover as they play, so it can't be the reason why Fusion didn't do well. In fact, the Prime games are only slightly less linear, while the least linear metroid game of the time period - Zero Mission - was the least successful.

I'm also interested in his numbers proving that the GBA ver of the original metroid outsold Zero Mission.

For the purpose of preserving Samus's character, I just hope there is not too much fanservice (its undoubtedly going to be in their since it is a Metroid game, but I'm just hoping she doesn't have her boobs bouncing in every scene she is wearing her suit in or something along those lines. It IS Team Ninja who is making this game after all.)

Game play wise, it looks great, and the CG cutscenes look amazing. I can't wait for this game. And the fact that it takes place after super metroid will also be pretty interesting.

Metroid games have been pretty low on fanservice actually, usually the only views you get of Samus with her suit off is a the very end of the game. And I think some of the 2-d ones had game-overs where her suit falls off.

Technically, Samus strips into skimpy outfits every single game.

I'm pretty sure she doesn't in the first Metroid Prime. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the most that goes is her helmet.

But at another point, he gives linearity as the reason for metroid fusion's lack of success, which is ridiculous since it's the same kind of argument Sakamoto made - the relative linearity of fusion is something gamers only discover as they play, so it can't be the reason why Fusion didn't do well. In fact, the Prime games are only slightly less linear, while the least linear metroid game of the time period - Zero Mission - was the least successful.

Not only that, but he keeps insisting on how unpopular Fusion was when it in fact is one of the most popular Metroids in Japan.

Even though Fusion was lacking in the exploration department, it had amazing gameplay action-wise. Decent challenge and amazing bosses, as well as extreme fun factor. It truly shows that Metroid can make a competent action game as well as an exploration one.

Even though Fusion was lacking in the exploration department, it had amazing gameplay action-wise. Decent challenge and amazing bosses, as well as extreme fun factor. It truly shows that Metroid can make a competent action game as well as an exploration one.

Epic Nightmare is Epic.

I like how everyone assumes that just because Team Ninja is working on it, all female characters are gonna grow to double E cup stripers. Nevermind that Samus strips in every single game she's in, but the trailer doesn't show any huge breasts.

I know Team Ninja is a team comprised of guys who love huge tits (pretty much the only requirement to work on the DoA team), but come on...It's not their project alone.

Epic Nightmare is Epic.

Nightmare is awesome. Smearing the player all over the wall, ftw.

<br />
<br />Even though Fusion was lacking in the exploration department, it had amazing gameplay action-wise. Decent challenge and amazing bosses, as well as extreme fun factor. It truly shows that Metroid can make a competent action game as well as an exploration one.<br />
<br /><br />Epic Nightmare is Epic.<br /><br />I like how everyone assumes that just because Team Ninja is working on it, all female characters are gonna grow to double E cup stripers. Nevermind that Samus strips in every single game she's in, but the trailer doesn't show any huge breasts.<br /><br />I know Team Ninja is a team comprised of guys who love huge tits (pretty much the only requirement to work on the DoA team), but come on...It's not their project alone.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

I've checked on it, Samus does NOT strip in Metroid Prime 1. All she takes off is her helmet dammit, and that's if you got 100% scans or something like that.

I've checked on it, Samus does NOT strip in Metroid Prime 1. All she takes off is her helmet dammit, and that's if you got 100% scans or something like that.
80% items actually, IIRC. Although the same thing does happen when you do get 100% items.

As well as Dark Samus being born.

But as for the topic, I'm looking forward to Metroid: Other M. I'm planning on getting it. What I want to know is: just who is that guy who says "remember me?" anyways?