That One Thread

Florete

They're meant to get

imprisoned

with me? FFFFFFFFF

Also, I know there is a 4x, and I missed it. I have a suspicion I'm meant to get Sety and/or Asvel there.

You get one of the best characters and one of the best scrolls in the game in 4x.

• Replies 84.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AstraLunaSol

• Amelia

• Junkhead

• Thor Odinson

You get one of the best characters and one of the best scrolls in the game in 4x.

Judging by the fact that you say 'one' and the realisation that Levin!Sety would not be given to you at 4x, I find relief in the fact that it was probably just Asvel.

...And now I have nobody capable of killing armours well, beyond a 2-range Leaf/Dashin/Brighton tripleteam.

Anyway, the entire point of a blind run is to be surprised. How would I know that a soldier would run in, capture a guy and then ESCAPE WITH THE GUY?

THRONUSES

And Othin's...absent, remember? With all my good units? I'm on Chapter Five, trying to balance killing shit with moving shit.

EDIT: Upon reflection, that's a strong argument in favour of Asvel.

Edited by Furetchen

I dislike those as well. But I'm surprised that you didn't find the skeletons annoying, as I see them as something to be terminated with extreme prejudice. Also, you say that you don't really bother with broadswords since Ein can use Einherjar, right? Well, as I see it, the problem with that is that it often takes him longer to get his next turn when he uses Einherjar. Oh, and I just hate Bolio's Necro Team; so many targets, and having to worry about status doesn't help.

Well, I DID use broadswords, but not as much as I used any of the other 4 character-specialty weapons. My usage of broadswords was about equal to that of Whips, Claws, Lances, each of which are each good for their own reasons. Yes, I used Books more than usual, shut up.

They're meant to get

imprisoned

with me? FFFFFFFFF

No, they're meant to escape. Leaf only gets Lifis in Ch 4 and I'm sure you remember that Eyvel went after him.

Also, I know there is a 4x, and I missed it. I have a suspicion I'm meant to get Sety and/or Asvel there.

Not good. At all. You get Asvel and a Sety scroll. And I think you missed Hicks and his Halberd but w/e. No Asvel is really really really bad.

That's dangerous on a game where Wait is the default selection over Staff.

Oh, man, that annoyed me way too much. I had to restart a lot solely because of that. I got used to it eventually though. But yeah, I had to be extremely patient when playing FE5 without save states.

Hi... Dead thread. >:

Hi Amelia!

He's a Mage, in a game where Sety exists.

Sety is a Gato. Or an Athos, if you never played FE1/11. He joins earlier than the other (physical) Gato but it's still incredibly late.

And you won't be getting your next offensive Magic user until... idk, Ch 12? And he's not just a Mage (which would still make him awesome, having 1-2 range, Res striking, and ability to use 1 Wt Wind tomes), but he's a Mage with awesome Skill/Speed growths and has a super awesome Prf tome. One that makes him a candidate for the best boss killer in the game (I still think Marietta is better though).

Anyway, the entire point of a blind run is to be surprised. How would I know that a soldier would run in, capture a guy and then ESCAPE WITH THE GUY?

The idea is that if someone gets captured in a video game, you have to save that person. Even if you're not interested in saving the person, the fact that the soldier gets half his stats should be a good enough reason to crush him while you still can. And some of these kids can get you good items later on. And one of the kids, either in 4 or 4x, allows you to recruit an Axe Knight with a Halberd. Another gives you an Elite Book iirc. Which teaches you Elite, letting the unit gain double EXP.

Edited by Proto

Well, I DID use broadswords, but not as much as I used any of the other 4 character-specialty weapons. My usage of broadswords was about equal to that of Whips, Claws, Lances, each of which are each good for their own reasons. Yes, I used Books more than usual, shut up.

Ok. And I understand the whole book angle, seeing as healing everyone is neat and Fia's and Cierra's Book overskills are unavoidable and unblockable.

No, they're meant to escape. Leaf only gets Lifis in Ch 4 and I'm sure you remember that Eyvel went after him.

Not good. At all. You get Asvel and a Sety scroll. And I think you missed Hicks and his Halberd but w/e. No Asvel is really really really bad.

Oh, man, that annoyed me way too much. I had to restart a lot solely because of that. I got used to it eventually though. But yeah, I had to be extremely patient when playing FE5 without save states.

Sety is a Gato. Or an Athos, if you never played FE1/11. He joins earlier than the other (physical) Gato but it's still incredibly late.

And you won't be getting your next offensive Magic user until... idk, Ch 12? And he's not just a Mage (which would still make him awesome, having 1-2 range, Res striking, and ability to use 1 Wt Wind tomes), but he's a Mage with awesome Skill/Speed growths and has a super awesome Prf tome. One that makes him a candidate for the best boss killer in the game (I still think Marietta is better though).

The idea is that if someone gets captured in a video game, you have to save that person. Even if you're not interested in saving the person, the fact that the soldier gets half his stats should be a good enough reason to crush him while you still can. And some of these kids can get you good items later on. And one of the kids, either in 4 or 4x, allows you to recruit an Axe Knight with a Halberd. Another gives you an Elite Book iirc. Which teaches you Elite, letting the unit gain double EXP.

...I got Lifis after Chapter 2x.

Eh.

Why bother? I mean, seriously, all savestates can do is reduce stress...if I accidentally hit B instead of A, I shouldn't have to redo forty minutes of game time!

I've never played FE1, but give me credit for at least knowing the basic archetypes.

You know, you're making me feel really good about myself right now. Really appreciate the support here.

I was going to next turn! I didn't know the fucker was gonna abduct it!

And Eirika + Seth rush isn't working. Seth survives, but Eirika has WTD with all the armor knights in the area.

Ross and Amelia still hold their own though. Ross is Tank Man and Amelia is Dodge Girl. I like how those two turned out.

Ewan's a pain, as expected. He has 0 DEF so even Loldiers kill him. And once I took too long and Cormag showed up, but Eirika was too far away to recruit him and trainees were right in his range. :facepalm:

Can I break the rules once and use the Tower of Valni for Ewan? Please? ;~;

It's debatable, but he either said nothing or "You too, my child? (Brutus)" in Greek.

EWAN THE STUPID EST WON'T STOP DYING!

I'm pretty sure the latter only appears in romanticisations, and of course Shakespeare. I think of it as being as mythical as all the drama surrounding the event in the play. I'm goin' with Garrett Fagan here, and the incredulous, almost disbelieving response to the traitors.

And Eirika + Seth rush isn't working. Seth survives, but Eirika has WTD with all the armor knights in the area.

Ross and Amelia still hold their own though. Ross is Tank Man and Amelia is Dodge Girl. I like how those two turned out.

Ewan's a pain, as expected. He has 0 DEF so even Loldiers kill him. And once I took too long and Cormag showed up, but Eirika was too far away to recruit him and trainees were right in his range. :facepalm:

Can I break the rules once and use the Tower of Valni for Ewan? Please? ;~;

Then just GODRUSH them with GOD alone. Three Javelins, One Horseslayer, and an Elixir. GO.

Eirika run in the other direction to get the Fighters/Mercs while wait for Cormag.

Just leave Ewan this chapter. Trust me, it's much easier to train him in the next chapter. I got him from base to 10 in C14 alone, grinding off AKs. C15 is good for Ewan.